Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events  
Message Icon Topic: Uplifting News From Around the World Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 25
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 2:57am
Noah’s Ark except it’s a school bus:

Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 October 2018 at 5:05am
Billionaire CEO makes $480,000 donation to Flint Community Schools for new water filtration systems

Flint Community Schools announced Friday they will be installing new ultraviolet water filtration systems for water fountains at all school buildings.

The UV water purification method within the water filtration systems will disinfect all lead and bacteria coming from the water pipes to allow students to drink from and fill up water bottles from school water fountains.

The major change is possible because of a $480,350 donation from Elon Musk and the Elon Musk Foundation...

https://www.abc12.com/content/news/495307171.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 October 2018 at 5:38am
Muslim Hero Rescues Elderly Man Pushed into Train Track

LONDON – A Muslim hero risked his life to save a 91-year-old  man who was pushed onto the London train tracks in a random attack.

Riyad El Hassani, 24, had been returning home from work when he noticed an elderly man sprawled on the tracks of the Central Line.

“As soon as I noticed the man on the tracks I knew I had to act fast as I could hear the train coming,” he told The Daily Mail...

http://aboutislam.net/muslim-issues/europe/muslim-hero-rescues-elderly-man-pushed-train-track/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2018 at 6:03am
Soldier Whose House Was Looted During Hurricane Florence Gives Away Money Raised for Him

Army medic Luis Ocampo returned from the front lines of Hurricane Florence in September to find his house looted, and some of his family’s most cherished possessions stolen. Now, after generous well-wishers donated money to replace his losses, Ocampo is giving away most of the money that was raised for him.

“We got more than we expected, and felt that it was our responsibility to show someone that same kindness that so many showed us,” Ocampo, 24, tells PEOPLE...

https://people.com/human-interest/luis-ocampo-house-looted-florence-pay-forward/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2018 at 5:49am
Firefighter leaves in the middle of his own wedding to fight nearby fire

"I've got the rest of my life with him," the bride said after she sent her husband off to go fight a nearby fire.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2018 at 7:23am
Japan To Add 17 Gigawatts Of New Solar By End Of 2020

Growth in Japan’s solar power sector is predicted to slow over the coming decade, according to a new analysis from the Fitch Group, but not before the industry adds 17 gigawatts (GW) worth of new solar capacity between the end of 2017 and the end of 2020...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2018 at 3:40am
India becomes second largest solar market; installs 4.9 GW in H1

India installed 4.9 GW of solar power, consolidating its position as the second largest solar market in the world, during the first half of calendar year 2018. The country was ranked second, following China during the January-June period, according to a report by Mercom Communications India.

India was the fifth-largest solar market in the world for total installations, the study, ‘India Solar Market Leaderboard 1H 2018’, said...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2018 at 5:34am
Ocean Cleanup system installed and ready for work at the Great Pacific Garbage Patch

It has been a long journey for the Ocean Cleanup Project, but after years of development and a 1,300-plus-mile trip through the open water, its first system is now installed at the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

While this is a huge milestone for the team, the real work is just beginning for this ambitious mission to tackle the massive problem of marine pollution, which starts with the single biggest accumulation of ocean plastics in the world...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 5:57am
Syrian refugee opens restaurant in Tennessee, wins title of 'Nicest Place in America'

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 25
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version