Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Islam is Unique for its Violence? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 25 Next >>
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Topic: Islam is Unique for its Violence?
    Posted: 10 February 2015 at 5:56pm
This article doesn't try to make Islam look like this innocent, victimized religion. It just shows how the very people pointing at Islam as if it were a religion unique for violence in recent times are judging by double standards.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/02/09/christian-militias-slaughtering-african-muslims-because-christianity-is-a-religion-of-peace/
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
waheed1  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Whyislam Shura
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote waheed1 Replybullet Posted: 13 February 2015 at 8:25pm
Interesting how none have responded to this so far on here.
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 13 February 2015 at 10:17pm
Very interesting indeed.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 14 February 2015 at 8:56am
I'll gladly respond.

The difference is that the LRA are not accociated to ANY mainstream Christian group and hail from but one part of the world. Their history dates back how many decades ?

Any Sunni Muslim however could be attending Mosque every friday praying just feet from the next airline bomber. I'm unlikely to be praying along side any LRA member at any Catholic Church or any  mainstream Christian church for that matter. Infact i would need to fly to a particular part of the world and attend but a handful of churches in that region to be in the company of the people you cite.

There is no comparison.

out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 14 February 2015 at 12:23pm
Any Irishman could be waiting in line for the Eucharist right behind the next Catholic soldier to plant a bomb in a Protestant church....your point? Given how close your land is to Ireland, I wouldn't be surprised if you were attending church every week with an occasional terrorist visiting and without speaking out who he is.

Or could it be that..........Christian and Muslim terrorists both exist? That both parties have maniacs that use their scripture to harm innocents? That both religions have terrorists that seem to come from some of the worst places on Earth? Places where there are still political instability, rampant tribal wars and conflicts, corrupt leadership, widespread poverty, etc.? In other words, they're developing in countries where there's no one to stop them.
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 14 February 2015 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Magister

Any Irishman could be waiting in line for the Eucharist right behind the next Catholic soldier to plant a bomb in a Protestant church....your point? Given how close your land is to Ireland, I wouldn't be surprised if you were attending church every week with an occasional terrorist visiting and without speaking out who he is.

Or could it be that..........Christian and Muslim terrorists both exist? That both parties have maniacs that use their scripture to harm innocents? That both religions have terrorists that seem to come from some of the worst places on Earth? Places where there are still political instability, rampant tribal wars and conflicts, corrupt leadership, widespread poverty, etc.? In other words, they're developing in countries where there's no one to stop them.

You sorely mis-understand the Northern Ireland troubles.. so educate yourself in it before you make nonsense comparisons. The issues of Northern Ireland were political not religious.
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 14 February 2015 at 7:26pm

I wouldn't be surprised if you were attending church every week with an occasional terrorist visiting and without speaking out who he is.

To the suggestion that I'm a sympathizer to terrorism of any kind, not least know anyone associated to any paramilitary group is preposterous, . Your talking literally probably a few hundred people in total on either side who are actual terrorists.. so the chances of me knowing any, far less being in the company of any at mass is lightly very slim.  Just more nonesense.

Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 14 February 2015 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Damo808

You sorely mis-understand the Northern Ireland troubles.. so educate yourself in it before you make nonsense comparisons. The issues of Northern Ireland were political not religious.

According to academics, politics seems to be the main instigator behind almost ALL terrorist acts and organizations. You think the Irish terrorists abandon their religions when they kill? Or do they still do their signs of the cross, head to church every Sunday, etc.?

What would make an Irishman fighting for politics illegally to the point of terror and remaining an active member of the Church any different from a Chechnyan fighting for independence from Russia while remaining an active member of his congregation?
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 14 February 2015 at 10:46pm

I wouldn't be surprised if you were attending church every week with an occasional terrorist visiting and without speaking out who he is.

To the suggestion that I'm a sympathizer to terrorism of any kind, not least know anyone associated to any paramilitary group is preposterous, . Your talking literally probably a few hundred people in total on either side who are actual terrorists.. so the chances of me knowing any, far less being in the company of any at mass is lightly very slim.  Just more nonesense. 

Never even thought you'd be a sympathizer....what I was saying is that you could very well be praying in church next to an actual non-Muslim terrorist or a sympathizer of terrorists, and you probably wouldn't even know. And it might only be a few hundred in Ireland, but then go to Latin American countries and see those numbers rise even more .

Edited by Magister - 14 February 2015 at 10:48pm
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2015 at 3:50am
That is a weird source of information, Magister.   LOL 
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2015 at 9:47am

According to academics, politics seems to be the main instigator behind almost ALL terrorist acts and organizations. You think the Irish terrorists abandon their religions when they kill? Or do they still do their signs of the cross, head to church every Sunday, etc.?

What would make an Irishman fighting for politics illegally to the point of terror and remaining an active member of the Church any different from a Chechnyan fighting for independence from Russia while remaining an active member of his congregation?

No Irishman on either side of the divide carries out their attacks praising 'Jesus is Great'. None kill in the name of religion. Again,  no comparison.

Never even thought you'd be a sympathizer....what I was saying is that you could very well be praying in church next to an actual non-Muslim terrorist or a sympathizer of terrorists, and you probably wouldn't even know. And it might only be a few hundred in Ireland, but then go to Latin American countries and see those numbers rise even more .

So you've mentioned the troubles in Ireland which have no religious connotations but political ones and  now your mentioning Latin America.
What fanatical groups are carrying out murder in the name of religion there  ?

Edited by Damo808 - 15 February 2015 at 9:52am
uuken  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Other(Other)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote uuken Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2015 at 12:53pm
I could not find the specific article referenced in the OP but I read other articles on Christian militias in Africa. It is truly horrendous what those people are doing. But there are some kinds of violence in which mainstream Islam IS uniquely violent in todays world. The vast majority of Islamic scholars support killing adult male apostates (male muslims who stop being muslims) who live in an Islamic state. No other major religion in modern form even has a concept of killing apostates.If a modern Catholic calls for women to be ordained to the priesthood all that will happen is conservative Catholics will vigorously say he's wrong while Muslims who call for women to be imams are more likely to be killed by Muslims for their views
Religion: Unitarian Universalist          What is wanted is not the will to believe but the wish to find out which is its complete opposite. Bertrand Russell
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2015 at 11:54pm
OP was about violence in terms of terrorism and such. The article was just pointing out that while there is a lot of violent fanatics coming from the Muslim part of the world, the Christians cannot point fingers if they remember their own recent past as well as acknowledge that there are militias (terrorist organizations) killing in the name of Christ.
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2015 at 12:00am

No Irishman on either side of the divide carries out their attacks praising 'Jesus is Great'. None kill in the name of religion. Again,  no comparison. 

Never even thought you'd be a sympathizer....what I
was saying is that you could very well be praying in church next to an
actual non-Muslim terrorist or a sympathizer of terrorists, and you
probably wouldn't even know. And it might only be a few hundred in
Ireland, but then go to Latin American countries and see those numbers
rise even more .

So you've mentioned the troubles in Ireland which have no religious connotations but political ones and  now your mentioning Latin America. What fanatical groups are carrying out murder in the name of religion there  ?

Damo, I never said that they were killing in the name of religion alone (though I did mention that they would sometimes kill with the image of doing God's work). I even made the point to the contrary, that there are very few groups out there that actually kill for the sake of religion purely (except for maybe that Japanese religion, I forget the name). Religion might be a side dish or a little salt and pepper added on the steak, but it's not the meal usually. The meal is political most of the time. And while fights may be more political than religious, religion still exists because you're dealing with humans. Humans like to avoid feeling guilty. Humans also like to know that they are fighting for a good cause. So there will be some groups that are mainly political in nature, but religion is heavily mixed in to some extent or another. And while the IRA is fighting a "political" fight, religion inherently was involved. Just like with the various African groups and militias. Just like with the Chechnyan rebels. Just like with Hamas. There are groups among Muslims that do killings saying it's in the name of Allah, but then there are also groups that do killings saying it's in the name of Christ. Again, the point stands that both religions have fringe groups that are ruthless and use religion as a veil over their crimes. Unless you think that the IRA know they're doing evil and have essentially abandoned their religious stances.

Edited by Magister - 16 February 2015 at 12:16am
Page  of 25 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version