Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Introductions
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Introductions
Message Icon Topic: REintroduction! Post Reply Post New Topic
ConureDelSol  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ConureDelSol Replybullet Topic: REintroduction!
    Posted: 24 August 2015 at 2:38pm
Hello! I joined this forum in 2011 when I was questioning my faith as a Christian and the divinity of Christ. I was here pretty frequently for awhile and then dropped off the face of the earth.

I'M BACK! Since then, I did not end up choosing Islam and have been a Secular Humanist/Agnostic Atheist for almost 4 years now. I also came the the conclusion that I was, in fact, a man and will be starting hormone treatment in a little less than a month.

That all being said, I credit my experiences on this forum for being the reason I have an immense respect for Islam; perhaps more than any other religion. I still find myself having a big fascination in learning about Islam as a religion and culture.

I want all my Muslim brothers and sisters (and whatever other equivalent pronoun someone may use) to know that while many Christians and fellow atheists may make ignorant criticisms of Islamic practices and culture, I have no such intention and am here to learn.

While I am more familiar than some people regarding Islam, I admit to still not knowing quite a bit. So if I say anything that is offensive or well, just outright stupid sounding, it's not my intention to offend and I would ask that you forgive my ignorance and correct me.

I hope to be active in the interfaith community and hope that this forum is as warm and welcoming to this now-Humanist as it was when I was questioning years ago.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2015 at 11:11pm
Welcome back to the forum

It is currently calmer than what it used to be 4 years ago, but hope you find it useful In-Shaa-Allah

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version