Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Spiritual Pearls of Wisdom of Ibn `Atta' Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 November 2018 at 4:14am

Ibn`Atta' on Repentance and Hope

In his well-known book, Al-Hikam (Words of Wisdom), sheikh Ahmad Ibn `Ataa’illah As-Sakandari says:

“If you find yourself having less hope in God when you make a mistake, then realize you are only relying on your work, not on God’s Mercy”

When I have an intention to commence on a spiritual journey to God, I have to ask myself: Where should I start from?

And what should I take along with me on this journey? Should I recall the good deeds I have done and take them as my provisions in this journey?

The answer given by Ibn `Ataa’ in his word of wisdom is: ‘No! You should not rely even on your good deeds.

You should start your journey to God by simply turning your heart to Him, putting your trust in Him alone, and hoping only for His Mercy and Bounty alone to carry you through your journey’...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/on-repentance-and-hope/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 November 2018 at 2:32am
Ibn`Atta': How Sincerity Revives Actions

In his well-known book, Al-Hikam (Words of Wisdom), sheikh Ahmad Ibn `Ataa’illah As-Sakandari says:

“Actions are like statues that only come to life with the spirit of sincerity”.

Sincerity to Allah is more fundamental than relying on Allah, since it has to do with a deeper level of faith in Him, Most High.

Yet, it was important to affirm our relying on Allah and hope in His Mercy, before discussing sincerity. This is because pure sincerity to Allah is so subtle and so hard to achieve without much hope in Allah’s Grace and strong reliance on Him.

Sincerity to Allah is so essential for our journey. In Ibn `Ataa’s words: (Actions are like statues that only come to life with the spirit of sincerity). If we imagine a simile between an action and a human body, then the action devoid of sincerity is like a body without a soul; a dead body...

http://aboutislam.net/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/ibn-ataa-sincerity-revives-actions/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2018 at 5:45am
Ibn `Atta’ on Ascending Levels of Worship

In his well-known book, Al-Hikam (Words of Wisdom), sheikh Ahmad Ibn `Ataa’illah As-Sakandari says:

Allah diversified the acts of worship for you because He knows how quickly you get bored. And He did not permit you certain acts of worship at certain times so you do not go to extremes. The objective is to perfect your prayers not to merely perform them. Not every performer of prayers perfects them.

This word of wisdom is related to a very important topic in our journey to Allah which is the quality of worship. A believer who is in continuous worship may feel bored at some point. Allah, out of His mercy, knows that we, humans, could naturally feel bored, even from worship. Therefore, He diversified the acts of worship so we can worship Him in a variety of ways...

http://aboutislam.net/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/ibn-atta-ascending-levels-worship-pearls-wisdom/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 8
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version