Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue  
Message Icon Topic: Spiritual Pearls of Wisdom of Ibn `Atta' Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 October 2015 at 1:13am
15-   Gratefulness to Allah
You risk losing your blessings when you do not thank Him for them, and you tie them to you firmly when you do.
And if you do not advance towards Him by doing excellent deeds, He will pull you towards Him with the chains of tests.
One of the universal laws of Allah which govern the issue of providence with all its kinds is that if we thank Allah, He will multiply the blessings or replace them with something better. Allah says,

{If you are grateful [to Me], I shall most certainly give you more and more}. (Ibrahim 14: 7)

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/454764-gratefulness-to-allah.html

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 October 2015 at 5:56am
16-   Understanding God's Giving and Depriving

You might think that He is giving you, while in reality He is depriving you! And you might think that He is depriving you, while in reality He is giving you!
If through your deprivation, He opens the doors of understanding for you, then this deprivation is exactly a gift. You feel bad about your deprivation because you do not understand. He might open the door of worship for you, but does not open the door of acceptance.
And you might be destined to sin, but this becomes a means to ascension towards Him. A sin that produces humbleness and need is better than an act of worship that produces arrogance and prejudice.
At times Allah gives me and at other times He deprives me. Allah might test me through ‘good’ and ‘bad’, through ‘fortune’ and ‘hardship’, or through bestowing ‘blessings’ on me or ‘depriving me’ from them.

But the reality of each of these could turn out to be different from the way I labeled it and the assumptions I made about it...

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/454833-understanding-gods-giving-and-depriving.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 October 2015 at 3:45am
17-   Enjoying God's Company
If He (God) takes you away from people, then know that He is opening to you the doors of His Company.
And if He allows you to ask, then know that He wants to give you something.
Sometimes Allah may test you by the death of a spouse, a brother, or a dear person.

You might find yourself on travel to a remote country for one reason or another.

You might find yourself in jail, God forbid, or suddenly by yourself in a hospital.

In all these cases, you feel loneliness and isolation. Yet, this could be another step in your journey to Allah!

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/454934-enjoying-gods-company.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 October 2015 at 6:13am
18-   Ascending in the Levels of Worship

Allah diversified the acts of worship for you because He knows how quickly you get bored. And He did not permit you certain acts of worship at certain times so you do not go to extremes.

The objective is to perfect your prayers not to merely perform them. Not every performer of prayers perfects them.

The word of wisdom under discussion is related to a very important topic in our journey to Allah which is the quality of worship. A believer who is in continuous worship may feel bored at some point.

Allah, out of His mercy, knows that we, humans, could naturally feel bored, even from worship. Therefore, He diversified the acts of worship so we can worship Him in a variety of ways.

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455009-ascending-in-the-levels-of-worship.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 October 2015 at 1:43am
19-   Calls of Distress

The best way to ask Him is through expressing your distress, and the fastest way to acquire good traits is through expressing your humility and need.

The word of wisdom under discussion is about du`aa’ (supplication).

It is not about the etiquette of supplication, but it is about the condition of the heart during supplication...

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455021-calls-of-distress.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 October 2015 at 12:37am
20-   Certainty of Faith and Indifference of this World

If the light of deep faith shines on you, you will see the Hereafter before journeying to it, and you will see the trappings of this world vanishing before your eyes.

The journey to Almighty Allah in this life is much shorter than the journey to Him in the afterlife.

One should not forget that death is a reality for all of us. All humans, believers and disbelievers, agree that death is the definite end of this life...

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) warned us against striving only for this world. Again, this does not mean that we neglect our worldly affairs under the pretext that we are devoting our life to the Hereafter. What the Prophet meant is that we should not forget the Hereafter...

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455128-certainty-of-faith.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2015 at 2:35am
21-   Certainty of Faith and Indifference of this World

When people praise you for what they assume about you, blame yourself for what you certainly know about yourself.

The most ignorant is the one who denies what he really knows about himself and believes what others assume about him.

While journeying to Allah Almighty we will be put to many tests.

One of those tests pertains to people's praise for what they assume about us.

This word of wisdom answers the following question: How does one deal with people's praise?

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455274-dealing-with-peoples-praise.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2015 at 10:55am
22-   Mercy with People's Faults

A person, who learns of people’s secrets and does not have Godly mercy on them, brings upon himself great danger and disaster.

When one's knowledge and awareness increase, he will find himself in situations and incidents where he gets involved in many social matters, and starts to learn about people’s secrets, faults, and problems.

One comes to know people's secrets when he/she is consulted about some problems or becomes an arbitrator in certain disputes on the individual, family, or society’s levels.

Another source of knowledge is experience and insight that one gains with time, which allows one to judge people’s nature and real character based on their outward appearance and what is between the lines of their speech or writing.

Learning people's secrets and their weaknesses is a form of power over them. A believer who happens to learn people's secrets should learn how to deal with them. The Sheikh says here: “A person, who learns of people’s secrets and does not have Godly mercy on them, brings upon himself great danger and disaster”. 

First of all, one should not feel that he is authorized by God to act as a judge or have an illusion of a great mission to establish justice based on the secrets he/she came to know...

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455336-mercy-with-peoples-faults.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2015 at 1:02am
23-   Realizing Allah's Bounties and One's Shortcomings

If you want the doors of hope in Him opened, recall what He offers you, and if you want the doors of awe of Him opened, recall what you offer Him.

Sometimes our sins, forgetfulness, and lusts block our ways to Allah, and we find ourselves not feeling an overwhelming longing to Him.

The Sheikh here guides us to two doors which can be opened by reason. Reason is a tool that Allah granted us and we can use anytime.

The two doors are that of hope and awe.

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455366-witnessing-allahs-bounty-and-your-shortcomings.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2015 at 1:05pm
24-   Keeping Priorities Straight

A sign of following one’s whims is to be active with optional good deeds while being lazy with required obligations.

The next step in our journey to Allah requires sound knowledge and deep understanding.

The Prophet (Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) said:

If Allah wishes to elevate someone, He grants him knowledge (fiqh) of the faith”. (Al-Bukhari)

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455533-keeping-priorities-straight.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2015 at 11:26am
25-   How to Tell People About God

Every speech comes out with a cover from the heart of the speaker.

If Allah allows a speaker to express himself, people will understand his words and comprehend his gestures.

This stage on our journey to Allah relates to the believer's speech in which he tells people about Allah. Every believer has a responsibility to call people to their Creator, to remind them of their Lord, and to participate in reform...

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455607-ibn-attaa-words-of-wisdom-25.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 October 2015 at 12:47am
26-   Satisfaction: A Godly Gift

His most perfect blessing on you is to give you just enough, and to deprive you from what will cause you to do wrong.

When you have less to be happy with, you will have less to be sad about.

This stage of our journey to Allah relates to the issue of providence and how to understand it correctly.

The Prophetic hadith that says: "The little that suffices is better than the abundant and alluring", has been re-worded by the Sheikh in this word of wisdom...

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455702-ibn-attaa-words-of-wisdom-26.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2015 at 3:56pm
27-  Reality of Humbleness

A person is not humble if he thinks that he is above his act of humbleness. A humble person thinks he is below his act of humbleness.

Humbleness is a basic trait of those journeying to Allah and a characteristic that every servant should be keen on maintaining.

Arrogance is the opposite of humbleness and is a serious flaw, as discussed before...

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455793-humbleness.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 October 2015 at 2:25am
28-  A Blessed Life and a Continuous Impact

How often has a long life brought about so little, and how often has a short life brought about so much.
If someone’s life is blessed, he will reach, in a short time, bounties from Allah that cannot be expressed in words or comprehended in descriptions.
In  Islamic terminology, especially in Sufism, there is a lot of attention given to what is called barakah (blessing). Blessing is defined as the divine good displayed in something. When we invoke Allah's blessing in something, this means that we would have favorable results due to the divine blessing.

The Sheikh says in this word of wisdom:

'How often has a long life brought about so little, and how often has a short life brought about so much.'

He wants to say that someone may live for so many years but there is no blessing in his life, and that some other person may live for a short time but there is much blessing and great good in his life...

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/455881-a-blessed-life-and-a-continuous-impact.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version