Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Talks by Dr. Timothy Winter (Abdel Hakim Murad) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 16 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 July 2018 at 4:48am
The Singularity of Intention & Will

"Repel not those who call upon their Lord at morn and evening, seeking His Countenance. Thou art not accountable for them in aught, nor are they accountable for thee in aught, that thou shouldst repel them and be of the wrong-doers." (Qur'an, 6.52)

(23 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2018 at 6:16am
The People of Harmony

"Restrain thyself along with those who cry unto their Lord at morn and evening, seeking His Countenance; and let not thine eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp of the life of the world; and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance, who followeth his own lust and whose case hath been abandoned. " (Qur'an, 18.28)

(17 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 30 July 2018 at 4:32am
Heart Surgeon: The Vice of Pride

The Qu'ran and the example of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) both warn strongly against pride.

In this talk, Shaykh Abdal Hakim discusses the nature of pride and its dangers, which are contrasted with the beauty and nobility of prophetic humility.

(32 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 August 2018 at 3:41am
The Science of Wayfairing

In this talk, Shaykh Abdul Hakim reminds us that Islam is not a fixed state of being, but a process of becoming.

We are all returning toward Allah -- our aim must be that this is not just by the inevitable process of time, but that it becomes also a spiritual progress, by which Allah brings us 'our of the shadows and into the light'.

(45 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 August 2018 at 4:59am
Dua: The Essence of Worship

(20 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 August 2018 at 6:25am
Scholarship of the Indian Subcontinent

The Scholarship of the Indian Subcontinent and its contribution to the Muslim World

An evening of inspiration on the life of 'The Reviver and Spiritual Physician of the Ummah: Shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanawi

(32 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2018 at 5:10am
Counsel and Purity of Heart

"Not unto the weak nor unto the sick nor unto those who can find naught to spend is any fault (to be imputed though they stay at home) if they are true to Allah and His messenger. Not unto the good is there any road (of blame). Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." (Qur'an, 9:91)

(23 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 August 2018 at 5:27am
The Ethics of the Prophet Muhammad

(74 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2018 at 1:47pm
Love & Speech

Loving God and Neighbor in Word and Deed: Implications for Christians and Muslims

Full Conference:

(14 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 October 2018 at 4:59am
The Experience of Suluk (Spiritual Journey)

Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad descriptively explains the spiritual journey of a Muslim towards Allah.

(9 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2018 at 6:12am
Imam Al-Ghazali on Dreams

Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad elucidates Imam Ghazali's typology of dreams, their connection to consciousness, ilham (divine inspiration), alam al-arwah (world of souls), and shares a story of a dream that led to conversion to Islam.

(5 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2018 at 6:33am
Islam: The Religion of Tree-Huggers

On Rumi's Garden and Trees of Heaven

(15 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2018 at 4:05am
Finding God .... At Work

Many of us who are working throughout Ramadan are likely to be worried about how to keep spirituality at the top of our priority list while coping with a demanding work environment.

Getting through the working hours can become a drag. We end up waiting to get home or to a mosque to really 'find God' again.

Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad sees things a bit differently. God isn't only found in 'sacred places'. We make our lives sacred by the intentions we make and the actions we do. After all, the Prophet - peace and blessings be upon him -- invoked God's Mercy on those who were involved in business transactions too.

This excerpt is taken from the Shaykh's keynote address at the launch of the "Let's make this a Fairtrade Ramadan!" campaign.

(5 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2018 at 7:00am
The People of Harmony

(17 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 16 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version