Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Introductions
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Introductions
Message Icon Topic: Saying hello Post Reply Post New Topic
DarkFriar  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote DarkFriar Replybullet Topic: Saying hello
    Posted: 21 July 2016 at 4:37am
Hello all. My nick name is DarkFriar. I am a Roman Catholic and a member of a religious Order known as the Order of Preachers or Dominicans. I am married and my wife also belongs to the same Order. I have two kids and 7 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. And it is their future that has me so very worried. I come here to ask the hard questions I guess. I hope to get honest answers in returned, but I doubt I will. Anyway, I am here to learn and try to come to some understanding of why Islamic groups are so prone to violence. And for the record, lets not get into the Crusades or the Inquisition. They happen a long time ago. I don't condone either one. But I would like to stay within the confines of the here and now.
Where all else fails, turn to God, the rock upon which we all should anchor our beliefs
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 July 2016 at 4:44am
Welcome to the forum DarkFriar

My name is Tariq, 54 years old, married with two sons.

I was educated in a Catholic school, The Jesuits, who have an excellent system of education, and have many Christian friends.

I hope you like it here, and in order to benefit I suggest that you put your doubts aside.

Be positive in your learning experience, and you will get a positive outcome In-Shaa-Allah (God willing).

With peace and best wishes

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

CactusJack  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Other(Other)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CactusJack Replybullet Posted: 22 July 2016 at 11:59am
Hello DarkFriar.
I think you just might find the answers here that you are searching for.
Welcome aboard!

Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 23 July 2016 at 7:00pm
Welcome DarkFriar!

God bless and I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version