Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue  
Message Icon Topic: Al-Azhar Uni: Cannibalism permitted Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: Today at 1:32pm
Murder is forbidden in the Quran, that's why I disagree with it.

And just because someone from Al Azhar said it doesn't mean a prophet said it lol. I think Syed Qutb was from Al Azhar and he's a known "pseudo-scholar" in the mainstream especially his tafsir.

I think you're making a far bigger deal out of this than should be made.

And it's not an Islamic concept to murder people to eat them - that's a non-Islamic concept, and it might be his concept, but you're not obligated to accept a speaker's views simply because he has the mic.

I see the practice as un-Islamic...

But did he provide any evidence that you think is worthy to consider that supports his point?
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: Today at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Magister

Murder is forbidden in the Quran, that's why I disagree with it.

And just because someone from Al Azhar said it doesn't mean a prophet said it lol. I think Syed Qutb was from Al Azhar and he's a known "pseudo-scholar" in the mainstream especially his tafsir.

See below.

I think you're making a far bigger deal out of this than should be made.

And it's not an Islamic concept to murder people to eat them - that's a non-Islamic concept, and it might be his concept, but you're not obligated to accept a speaker's views simply because he has the mic.

See below

I see the practice as un-Islamic...

See below

But did he provide any evidence that you think is worthy to consider that supports his point?

Well considering the fact that this is NOT his view but that he was quoting straight from the teaching aide that's provided by Al Azhar to its 3rd year students ( i think i've made this point clear no less than 3 times already but the fudging of it is clearly continuing understandably) who are studying Islam at the uni. I think its fair to assume that for such or ANY a publication to be provided as a means to guide and educate it would therefore have been the result of collective critical thinking among islam's best and brightest scholars before being considered legitimate, authentic and authoritative as a teaching aide as it simply is unthinkable that a university of such regard in the Muslim world would permit anything as a teaching aide to its students that would directly lead them to heresy i'm sure you'll agree, otherwise what is it purpose ?

So if the the highest authority on the teaching of islam teaches that it IS ok to kill a non-Muslim for the purpose of food for one's own survival . I think its safe to say this is a legitimate islamic understanding.

You may dis-agree with such an understanding, but you you cannot deny it is an authentic and authoritative understanding of islam.     

Edited by Damo808 - Today at 4:01pm
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version