Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Al-Azhar Uni: Cannibalism permitted Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2017 at 2:48pm
Actually, did you know that cannibalism still does happen in Christian Africa???

Look up Liberia

Here, check this 14 second clip out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1esrEb9p0Wc

Edited by Magister - 17 January 2017 at 2:50pm
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2017 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by waheed1

What a terrible and odd thing to say Damo.

Millions of people are dying and starving because of a civil war instigated partly by outside forces and you come along with fake indignation about some hypothetical discussion and apply it there.

First tell me how it's hypothetical when as I've just told you such realities are in the world today and such teachings may resonate ?

Understand I don't believe all Muslims would be inclined to dine on human flesh. But if they wanted.. It'legitimate or am I wrong ?

Ok zombie apocalypse was bad taste I concede that much. Unlike you who simply denies reality, the reality of what I'm saying is there given the teaching of Al Azhar non Muslims could legitimately in Islam be targeted for food. That's what it comes down to.

Edited by Damo808 - 17 January 2017 at 3:24pm
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Magister

Actually, did you know that cannibalism still does happen in Christian Africa???

Look up Liberia

Here, check this 14 second clip out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1esrEb9p0Wc

I missed the cannibalism part . Where is it taught in any Christian institution that killing non Christians is Ok for consuption of flesh when food is scarce ?

Edited by Damo808 - 17 January 2017 at 3:21pm
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2017 at 4:21pm
The Catholic church teaches to eat human flesh and drink human blood if they want to go to heaven :D
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2017 at 4:38pm
Magister... I'm sure by now you must be aware very few people if any take you seriously in any capacity.

The above is but one example of why..

I can only assume your little 14 sec clip above was the result of a desparate but failed attempt at finding something online similar in order to balance the absurdity of cannibalism in Islam with some outlandish Christian group... I didn't have to look for an outlandish teaching for it in Islam however.

Edited by Damo808 - 17 January 2017 at 4:44pm
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2017 at 4:41pm
The way no one takes your arguments seriously that Islam teaches cannibalism if Christians are around lol...see?

This is why it's called IslamoPHOBIA and not something else, it's because a phobia is irrational and you have demonstrated just how irrational anti-Islamic sentiments have become in the "civilized" West. You're now afraid of Muslim cannibals and a zombie apocalypse because of some random video you found online talking about a what-if scenario lol.

ALL THE WHILE you engage weekly in a symbolic cannibalism!!!

I swear, you can't make this stuff up!
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2017 at 4:42pm
Speaking of cannibalism - have you ever seen the film "Cannibal Holocaust"?

Cult classic - if you haven't watched it, I recommend you do. Though I can assure you, it's pretty gruesome.
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2017 at 4:58pm

The way no one takes your arguments seriously that Islam teaches cannibalism if Christians are around lol...see?

Denial is to be expected when absurdity on your behalf is exposed.

This is why it's called IslamoPHOBIA and not something else, it's because a phobia is irrational and you have demonstrated just how irrational anti-Islamic sentiments have become in the "civilized" West.

My disdain for Islam was around long long before I read about cannibalistic allowances in Islam just yesterday.

The fact that every national security agency in every country in the world is on alert for Islamic terrorism explains why it is not irrational to have legitimate grounds for having concerns over Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdaG0ZgqEYk

This guy above is not fringe in the islamic world. There are plenty of youtube vids of this kind of rhetoric because such an attitude permeates the muslim world.

You're now afraid of Muslim cannibals and a zombie apocalypse because of some random video you found online talking about a what-if scenario lol.

Who said I was afraid ? I said I find it hilarious.

ALL THE WHILE you engage weekly in a symbolic cannibalism!!!

I swear, you can't make this stuff up!

But you are...
Again hilarious..

Edited by Damo808 - 17 January 2017 at 5:42pm
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2017 at 5:02pm

Speaking of cannibalism - have you ever seen the film "Cannibal Holocaust"?

Cult classic - if you haven't watched it, I recommend you do. Though I can assure you, it's pretty gruesome.

Can't say I have. Doesn't sound my kinda thing.. I like horror but slasher and blood and guts movies like hostel or what you suggest do not do anything for me.
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2017 at 2:19pm
Hostel - wow, I forgot about that movie. Nah, the one I'm recommending is way worse. Creepy more than brutal I think, made by an Italian - and you know Italians do everything perfectly. This movie is no exception. The theme song, the mood, everything is just - WOW. It's more of an experience than anything else. Don't YouTube it or nothing, you might come across one of the brutal scenes and think that's the whole movie, and it's actually not.

Interesting trivia: They locked the producer or director or the head guy of the movie up thinking it was reality, because he made the actors who played the victims go into hiding to pretend that it really happened so he could get more revenue for his movie. Great movie, even knowing it's fake. And yes, the Italian government found out it was fake and let him go lol.

Edited by Magister - 18 January 2017 at 2:20pm
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2017 at 2:22pm
Another good cannibal movie I saw which was based on a true story was on that soccer team from South America, I think Argentina or something? Their plane crashed into the mountains and they had to eat the dead in order to survive, but some people refused to and they died. It's called "Alive". Not that brutal - it's more about telling the story of survival for that soccer team. And like I said, it's a true story you can search up on Wikipedia. Sad, but the survivors - WOW, what they had to go through. God was watching over them for sure.

I think Islam's stance might be more relevant to their case (as opposed to Cannibal Holocaust which you seem to be inferring). When it comes to survival, nothing's haram anymore. Even shirk.

Edited by Magister - 18 January 2017 at 2:24pm
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 19 January 2017 at 3:07am

Another good cannibal movie I saw which was based on a true story was on that soccer team from South America, I think Argentina or something? Their plane crashed into the mountains and they had to eat the dead in order to survive, but some people refused to and they died. It's called "Alive". Not that brutal - it's more about telling the story of survival for that soccer team. And like I said, it's a true story you can search up on Wikipedia. Sad, but the survivors - WOW, what they had to go through. God was watching over them for sure.

I think Islam's stance might be more relevant to their case (as opposed to Cannibal Holocaust which you seem to be inferring). When it comes to survival, nothing's haram anymore. Even shirk.

I've seen Alive. I don't blame people who in such moments of dire desparation are driven to cannibalise a corpse which has perished due to the circumstances. The link I provided however makes clear that murdering a non Muslim for the purpose of cannibalism is legitimate in certain conditions. That is not simply feeding for the purpose of survival on someone who's already dead but actively ending another's life to ensure ones own survival. That is where I see the 'zombie' factor in all of this..

As for Al Azhur uni not being like the Vatican. That may be true but it is still the centre of the world for Islamic understanding as is the Vatican for Catholic understanding.

A quick wiki search :
"Founded in 970 or 972 by the Fatimids as a centre of Islamic learning, its students studied the Qur'an and Islamic law in detail, along with logic, grammar, rhetoric, and how to calculate the phases of the moon.[citation needed] It was one of the first universities in the world, and the only one in the Arabic world to survive as a modern university including secular subjects in the curriculum. Today it is the chief centre of Arabic literature and Islamic learning in the world."

So it's not fringe thinking. It's not an outlandish group. I repeat it is the only the upmost authority of Sunni Islamic education .

Edited by Damo808 - 19 January 2017 at 3:10am
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 19 January 2017 at 7:31pm
I'm sorry, but I didn't know he said it's ok to go out and kill people that are alive in order to eat them. Guess I should've watched the whole thing then - that was my fault, I admit it.

No, I disagree with that.
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 20 January 2017 at 10:19am

I'm sorry, but I didn't know he said it's ok to go out and kill people that are alive in order to eat them. Guess I should've watched the whole thing then - that was my fault, I admit it.

No, I disagree with that.

Given then that the Al Azhar is accepted by Sunni Muslims as the most respected institution on the study of Islam in the world. Do you accept then that Islam does indeed allow for that (as discussed here) what you personally disagree with ?   

May i ask why you disagree with it ?

Edited by Damo808 - 20 January 2017 at 10:21am
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version