Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events  
Message Icon Topic: Imam calling for Jews to be killed in sermon at Mo Post Reply Post New Topic
Non Believer  
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Topic: Imam calling for Jews to be killed in sermon at Mo
    Posted: 23 March 2017 at 4:57pm
Just for you, Damo.

Imam calling for Jews to be killed in sermon at Montreal mosque draws police complaint

"The president of the Muslim Council of Montreal, Salam Elmenyawi, wants to know why the imam was invited. He says the mosque should apologize."

Come on! That's not an adequate response.
Dogmas, ideologies and traditions, whether religious, political or social, must be weighed and tested by each individual and not simply accepted by faith.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Mad Cat  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Mad Cat Replybullet Posted: 24 March 2017 at 8:47am
I think that speaker was referring to this hadith:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying:
The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

And this one

Ibn 'Umar reported Allah's Messenger as saying:
You will fight against the Jews and you will kill them until even a stone would say: Come here, Muslim, there is a Jew (hiding himself behind me) ; kill him.

And this one

Abdullah b. 'Umar reported Allah's Messenger as saying:
You and the Jews would fight against one another until a stone would say: Muslim, here is a Jew behind me; come and kill him.

And this one

Abdullah b. 'Umar reported that Allah's Messenger said:
The Jews will fight against you and you will gain victory over them until the stone would say: Muslim, here is a Jew behind me; kill him.
Test everything. Hold on to the good. 1 Thessalonians 5:21
Non Believer  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 24 March 2017 at 1:59pm
I was hoping that an Arabic speaker here would listen to the entire sermon and provide us with context. Maybe (though I doubt it) he went on to condemn these Hadith.

The most I can find is this:
Montreal Imam: Jews are the most evil of mankind, human demons, quotes kill Jews passage from hadith

However, there's this one, for which there is no doubt about the intent:
Montreal Imam says "Destroy the accursed Jews"

And to maintain balance, we have:
“Accordingly, it must and dare not be considered a trifling matter but a most serious one to seek counsel against this and to save our souls from the Jews, that is, from the devil and from eternal death. My advice, as I said earlier, is:

First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss in sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire. That would demonstrate to God our serious resolve and be evidence to all the world that it was in ignorance that we tolerated such houses, in which the Jews have reviled God, our dear Creator and Father, and his Son most shamefully up till now but that we have now given them their due reward.”
― Martin Luther
Dogmas, ideologies and traditions, whether religious, political or social, must be weighed and tested by each individual and not simply accepted by faith.
Non Believer  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2017 at 7:07pm
Not one comment from a Muslim.

Let me ask you a question, then:

Do you think it is appropriate for:
1. In the case of the visiting Imam, the host to interrupt the Imam and insist that such Hadith should not be recited?
2. In the case of the Imam in his own mosque, the followers to interrupt the Imam and insist that such a sermon is not allowed?

Isn't it the duty of those attending to put a stop to this kind of hate speech? Aren't they also guilty?
Mad Cat  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Mad Cat Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2017 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Non-Believer

Isn't it the duty of those attending to put a stop to this kind of hate speech? Aren't they also guilty?

I think this presumes the Imam or the congregation objects to hate speech against Jews.

From that article it seems there was no objection from anyone in the Mosque, either from the staff or congregation about what this Imam said. In fact it seems it got the stamp of approval from the Mosque since it was uploaded to the Mosque Youtube channel. They seem proud of what had taken place in their mosque. Only after it was uploaded and seen by a wider audience was a complaint raised.

Islamically, what has the Sheikh done wrong? He recited an authentic Hadith from an authoritative source.
Test everything. Hold on to the good. 1 Thessalonians 5:21
Non Believer  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2017 at 5:28pm
You're right.

We have to depend on our criminal code
Criminal Code (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46)

The speech violates both Section 318 and Section 319(1).

Section 319(2) specifically exempts "if, in good faith, the person expressed or attempted to establish by an argument an opinion on a religious subject or an opinion based on a belief in a religious text"
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: Today at 6:01am
Originally posted by Non Believer

I was hoping that an Arabic speaker here would listen to the entire sermon and provide us with context. Maybe (though I doubt it) he went on to condemn these Hadith.

Hello NB

Here is full response on this topic from Yaqeen Institute in the US:

The “Jew Killing Hadith” And The Myth of An Antisemitic Genocide In Muslim Scripture

How an apocalyptic tradition played into the hands of anti-Jewish and anti-Muslim hatemongers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/58da7e56e4b0e96354656eb6

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version