Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: The benefits of Islam for non-Muslims? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2017 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Niblo

I’m about to leave on my holiday, but can spare these few minutes.

God is Love (agape). That is His nature. You are confusing (and not for the first time) the two ways in which His love is expressed.

I wrote this: ‘…. the Catholic Church declares that (God) continually preserves in existence all created things. The First Vatican Council declared: ‘God, by His Providence, protects all that He has created’, which is to say that He preserves it from relapsing into nothingness: ‘If His Providence did not preserve all things with the same power with which they were created in the beginning they would fall back into nothingness immediately.’ (Denzinger 1784).

Take special note of these words: ‘(God) CONTINUALLY PRESERVES IN EXISTENCE ALL CREATED THINGS.’

This is preserving love ONLY.

Every creature that lives in your home enjoys this same preserving love. Every microbe living in, or on, your body enjoys this same preserving love.

Who did Christ die for (according to your own theology)? He died for human beings - and by so doing: ‘Reconciled us with God, made unto us justice and sanctification and redemption.’ (Denziger 790).

And how are we sanctified…..made holy? Through - and only through - that other expression of God’s love - SANCTIFYING LOVE. It is THIS that sets humankind above the animals.

It is really that difficult to understand?

The First Vatican Council declared: ‘God, by His Providence, protects all that He has created’, which is to say that He preserves it from relapsing into nothingness: ‘If His Providence did not preserve all things with the same power with which they were created in the beginning they would fall back into nothingness immediately.’ (Denzinger 1784).

God's Providence for the inanimate does not equate to Love. Providence is that which sustains creation to remain intact and preserved in order for purpose. Adam was sinless when God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life" An act that set man apart from all created things, and in His likeness. It is this reason man has the sanctifying Love of God, and is distinct to God from all other created beings.

It is THIS that sets humankind above the animals.

Being created in God's very likeness is what set us apart from the animal kingdom since the day of creation.

Enjoy your holiday.

Edited by Damo808 - 13 April 2017 at 5:32pm
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 April 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Saved

According to the Quran, if one submits to Islam, he can receives Allah's conditional love ...

God loves all of His creation, Saved.

And the benefits of Islam are many.

They include living a life of contentment and peace.

Real happiness and peace can be found in submitting to the commands of the Creator and the Sustainer of this world.  God has said in the Quran:

Truly, in remembering God do hearts find rest.” (Quran 13:28)

The more you remember God, the more your heart finds peace...

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Saved  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Saved Replybullet Posted: 20 April 2017 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

According to the Quran, if one submits to Islam, he can receives Allah's conditional love ...
God loves all of His creation, Saved. And the benefits of Islam are many. They include living a life of contentment and peace Real happiness and peace can be found in submitting to the commands of the Creator and the Sustainer of this world.  God has said in the Quran:

The more you remember God, the more your heart finds peace...
Al, I cannot disagree with this. What would make you think I do?

PBUY,
Saved
Jesus is not valued unless valued above all
Augustine
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:21pm
Just a reminder of things we have in common in Islam and Christianity

Praying 5 times a day also helps a lot in finding that inner peace ...

Do you pray only once a week?

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Saved  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Saved Replybullet Posted: 21 April 2017 at 6:36pm

Just a reminder of things we have in common in Islam and ChristianityPraying 5 times a day also helps a lot in finding that inner peace ...Do you pray only once a week?

We are suppose to pray without ceasing not just 5 X a day. I pray every day and much more than 5 X per day.

1 Thes. 5: 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesying.
Augustine
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 April 2017 at 11:51pm
Do you mean remember God "without ceasing"?

Or formal prayers?

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Saved  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Saved Replybullet Posted: 22 April 2017 at 1:20am

Do you mean remember God "without ceasing"? Or formal prayers?

Both remember God and pray. There isn't formal prayer for Biblical Christians to where we prostrate together with others in unison to recite from the Bible.

Even if we did that, I couldn't consider that to be prayer, because as I mentioned prayer is communication not recitation. If I were told by church leadership to do such a thing, I would challenge them to show Scriptural backing for such a directive to act.

Now, that is not to say I don't prostrate before God alone and in secret as Jesus directed we do, but it is still communication and not recitation.

God ordained marriage to show the relationship He has with His people. If I had a spouse and children that recited to me instead of communicated, I wouldn't like that at all. I believe God is the same way. God wants a personal intimate relationship with you alone.
Augustine
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 April 2017 at 3:37am
When Muslims prostrate, we don't recite the Qur'an.

We praise God, The Most High.

Maybe it would be useful to distinguish between praying and remembering God, and ritual worship (which is known as Salat) in Islam.

The 5 daily prayers (or Salat) are an obligation on each Muslim.

We are encouraged to pray in congregation in these 5 prayers.

But in other voluntary prayers (Salat), we do that individually.

This is how in Islam we balance the congregational (which Christians do in Church on Sundays) and individual prayer.

The best prayer, after the 5 daily prayers, are those done at home, in private, at night, without others being present ...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Saved  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Saved Replybullet Posted: 22 April 2017 at 8:17am

When Muslims prostrate, we don't recite the Qur'an.We praise God, The Most High.Maybe it would be useful to distinguish between praying and remembering God, and ritual worship (which is known as Salat) in Islam.The 5 daily prayers (or Salat) are an obligation on each Muslim.We are encouraged to pray in congregation in these 5 prayers.But in other voluntary prayers (Salat), we do that individually.This is how in Islam we balance the congregational (which Christians do in Church on Sundays) and individual prayer.The best prayer, after the 5 daily prayers, are those done at home, in private, at night, without others being present ...
Okay, I accept this is true of Muslims. We Christians believe we can worship God anywhere, in any situation or position even while quoting Scripture or not.

Edited by Saved - 22 April 2017 at 8:18am
Augustine
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 April 2017 at 11:17am

[QUOTE=Al-Cordoby] Okay, I accept this is true of Muslims. We Christians believe we can worship God anywhere, in any situation or position even while quoting Scripture or not.

Same here.

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"... the earth has been made sacred and pure and mosque for me, so whenever the time of prayer comes for any one of you he should pray whenever he is..." (Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Saved  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Saved Replybullet Posted: 22 April 2017 at 11:47am

[QUOTE=Al-Cordoby] Okay, I accept this is true of Muslims. We Christians believe we can worship God anywhere, in any situation or position even while quoting Scripture or not.
<font size="3" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same here. Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:"... the earth has been made sacred and pure and mosque for me, so whenever
the time of prayer comes for any one of you he should pray whenever he
is..."
(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)
Okay so we agree 100% WOW
Augustine
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 April 2017 at 12:09am

That's great.

So step by step we are identifying more common grounds between Islam and Christianity ...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Saved  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Saved Replybullet Posted: 23 April 2017 at 8:00am

<font size="3" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's great.So step by step we are identifying more common grounds between Islam and Christianity ...
Al, I believe there are lots of common ground, but where does the common ground lead us when after all is said and done Christianity and Islam are mutually exclusive to God Himself? I see you as a nice person focusing on the good in religions while one of us is in a burning building about to collapse. Don't we have to exhort one another the best we can?

Edited by Saved - 23 April 2017 at 8:03am
Augustine
Niblo  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Niblo Replybullet Posted: 23 April 2017 at 10:55am

<font size="3" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's great.So step by step we are identifying more common grounds between Islam and Christianity ...

As-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi wa Barakātuhu, brother.

One of my happiest memories is of my son and daughter-in-law performing salat in the rain at Glencoe, in Scotland. They performed wudu in the stream that runs through the Glen; and prayed on the large mountain-rescue helipad that stands near the Glen’s southern entrance.

I was not a Muslim then, and so my task was to hold my grandson!
'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.'(Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version