Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Outstanding TED Talks Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 September 2017 at 2:34am
The Rarest Commodity is Leadership without Ego: Bob Davids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQrPVmcgJJk

(12 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 October 2017 at 2:17am
What does her  headscarf mean to you?

What do you think when you look at this speaker?

Well, think again. (And then again.)

In this funny, honest, empathetic talk, Yassmin Abdel-Magied challenges us to look beyond our initial perceptions, and to open doors to new ways of supporting others.

https://www.ted.com/talks/yassmin_abdel_magied_what_does_my_headscarf_mean_to_you

(14 minutes)

Yassmin Abdel-Magied wears many hats, including a hijab. She's a mechanical engineer, writer and activist who campaigns for tolerance and diversity.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2017 at 6:24am
The surprising mental benefits of being bored out of your mind

Do you sometimes have your most creative ideas while folding laundry, washing dishes or doing nothing in particular?

It's because when your body goes on autopilot, your brain gets busy forming new neural connections that connect ideas and solve problems.

Learn to love being bored as Manoush Zomorodi explains the connection between spacing out and creativity.

https://www.ted.com/talks/manoush_zomorodi_how_boredom_can_lead_to_your_most_brilliant_ideas

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 December 2017 at 5:56am
New TED Talk: I'm bored of talking about Muslim Women

A new TED talk from last week by Suhaimah Manzoor-Khan:

Why women’s rights are seen as being central to the discourse on Islam?

And why are we so fascinated with Muslim women?

These are some of the crucial questions Suhaiymah Manzoor-Khan invites us to think about in her quest to dismantle oppressive structures in society.

Suhaiymah is a writer and spoken word poetry performer. She began running the popular blog www.thebrownhijabi.com three years ago where she has written on topics including race, gender, Islamophobia, intersectional feminism and the decolonising of academia.

Her work has been published in The Independent and she is a contributor to the Cut From the Same Cloth anthology which will be published in 2018-19.

Suhaiymah won second place title in the London Roundhouse Poetry Slam 2017 with her poem, ‘This is Not a Humanising Poem’ which subsequently went viral on the internet.

As a History and Postcolonial Studies graduate from Cambridge and SOAS respectively she speaks about her topics of interest and research regarding the construction and criminalisation of South Asian migrants, diasporas and Muslims in Britain.

She believes in the liberation of all people from every type of injustice and oppression in this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFEqdeuAkoM

(7 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version