Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Ramadan Topics
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Ramadan Topics
Message Icon Topic: 70-Year-old Montreal Muslim Woman Feeds 300 Daily Post Reply Post New Topic
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Topic: 70-Year-old Montreal Muslim Woman Feeds 300 Daily
    Posted: 22 June 2017 at 5:09pm

MONTREAL – As Muslims prepare to conclude their Ramadan fasting, 70-year-old Sabariah Hussein is not willing to give up her daily cooking to feed the needy and homeless, a tradition the Muslim woman has preserved for longtime.

The Montreal Muslim woman cooks for up to 300 people a day, helping to feed the homeless or anyone who needs a hot meal, CTV News reported on Wednesday, June 21.

“This is the happiness of my life, to see the smiles on people’s faces,” she told CTV News. “Never mind religion or race, I’m there for them.”

Sister Sabria’s involvement in the Montreal community dates back 30 years, when she arrived in Canada after completing international cuisine courses in Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia.

As a devout Muslim, she is heavily involved with the Muslim community, cooking thousands of meals for mosques spread throughout the city...

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version