Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Introductions
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Introductions
Message Icon Topic: My return Post Reply Post New Topic
Doris  
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Doris Replybullet Topic: My return
    Posted: 16 July 2017 at 10:54am
I was a member of this forum for some time under the name "Francophile". I'm not sneaking back, but I couldn't figure out how to get back under that name, so I registered under a different one.

I am old enough (76) to have had some health problems. A year ago I was the recipient of some excellent surgery and rehabilitation (thanks, all you US taxpayers!) I'm fully recovered now. People keep telling me how great I look. It makes me wonder how I looked before.

In any case, my illnesses were of long standing, and I lost interest in internet participation. But now, as a certain actor/ex-governor would say, "I'm Back!

I search for the truth hidden by hypocrisy in all areas of life.

In terms of religion, I believe that anyone claiming to speak for 'god' is guilty of incredible arrogance. Islam, as so many other religions, seems to limit any such being's powers. My personal ideas of a deity are involve infinity and eternity, not that I expect to participate in either.

I detest the violence that religion inspires in this world. Who can worship an entity that not only allows it but seems to encourage it.

But thanks for the welcome by out hard-working monitor.

History Buff
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2017 at 11:19am
Glad your health is better now

Welcome back sister Doris

Shenango  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Shenango Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2017 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Doris

Islam, as so many other religions, seems to limit any such being's powers...Who can worship an entity that not only allows it but seems to encourage it.

Right, so you're declaring from your opening post on returning to an Islamic forum your rejection of Islam. Makes perfect sense. Welcome back, I suppose.
"I mean, brothers and sisters, the appointed time has grown short; from now on, let even those who have wives be as though they had none"--Paul c. 55 CE
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version