Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: When Saladin Entered Jerusalem .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

I wish it were a minor issue as you are trying to portray it, Damo,But it's not.And this horrible war and total destruction of Iraq was the main trigger of the chaos we are seeing today in the Middle East.What is the Christian world doing to reverse this chaos the Neocons created?

Not justifying it, but.... the invasion of Iraq was an act of revenge, pure and simple. I don't know why you'd portray it as some sinister plot.
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Non Believer

Not justifying it, but.... the invasion of Iraq was an act of revenge, pure and simple. I don't know why you'd portray it as some sinister plot.

Revenge for what?

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 4:41pm

Revenge for what?
Sorry, I'm not up on the latest conspiracy theories.

So the theory is that the US Government staged an attack on New York City so that they could then attack Baghdad and start a war. Is that what happened? Would you go on to say that every terror attack in the West was orchestrated by a Western government and that there is, in reality, no such thing as Violent Islamic Extremism? And furthermore, would you say that the translations of the Quran which we read online are forgeries and anything violent we see in them was put out there by a Western government.

Oh my... it's possible that this website is itself part of the Western government conspiracy to foment Islamophobia and some of the "Muslims" posting here are actually US government agents!!!!

WOW... conspiracy theories can be so mind exploding!
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 4:46pm
What conspiracy are you talking about, NB?

It's you who said:

"Not justifying it, but.... the invasion of Iraq was an act of revenge, pure and simple"

And my question to you is revenge for what exactly?

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 4:54pm

Have you heard of Neocon's Creative Chaos strategy?

This is the strategy which led to the invasion and destruction of Iraq.

And their allies were right wing Christian Evangelists who wanted to spread the Bible in Iraq with the spread of "democracy".

Not that long ago, but some people like to forget ...

Certainly I have heard of the neocons and right wing evangelical Christians.  Just because something is said (by the extremely liberal left for propaganda purposes and smear campaigns) doesn't mean it is true, AL.  That is politics for you and 'groups' like that don't really carry very much political weight to begin with.  Money does, however, speak and any country in this world is open to such propaganda.  Just look at ME Muslim countries, African countries, SA countries -they are rife with it. 

BTW, 9/11 was blamed on Israel.  Do you remember those blatant lies?

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 5:12pm
The Bush administration in 2001 to 2004 included many leading neocon figures, such as:

George W. Bush's defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld,

his deputy defense secretary Paul Wolfowitz,

his Vice President Dick Cheney.

Other Bush cabinet members who are thought to have adopted neoconservative foreign policy thinking include ... Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Doctrine

Their "brilliant" Creative Chaos strategy is one of the main reasons for the chaos we see in today's world, and some of their main allies had an extremist evangelist ideology, no doubt about it.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 7:14pm

The Bush administration in 2001 to 2004 included many leading neocon figures, such as:

George W. Bush's defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld,

his deputy defense secretary Paul Wolfowitz,

his Vice President Dick Cheney.

Other Bush cabinet members who are thought to have adopted neoconservative foreign policy thinking include ... Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Doctrine

Their "brilliant" Creative Chaos strategy is one of the main reasons for the chaos we see in today's world, and some of their main allies had an extremist evangelist ideology, no doubt about it.

And each of these people have said they are neo-cons?  If they haven't, then it is just gossip, Al.  Besides, the few did not fight the war.  It was started by the terrorists in and around Iraq and Osama ben Laden, et.al., fed by other terrorists and terrorist states plus icons who donated money.  Who's to say what really took place besides several thousand military with feet on the ground?  Have you talked to any?   We are as yet are not privy to the inside facts of that war.  All we have are opinions, publicity (fake or real, who knows?) and a few known things here and there.  Evangelists were not in uniform or on the ground or in control of the military. 
Seeking
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Seeking Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 7:14pm

Wow. A vast right-wing conspiracy in this thread and 9/11 was an inside job in the other. Neither one backed up with any facts.

Granted, Irag was a huge and costly mistake. Saddam didn't help any by ACTING like he had WMDs.

And there was that little 9/11 thing that changed everything.
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 8:09pm

I wish it were a minor issue as you are trying to portray it, Damo,But it's not.And this horrible war and total destruction of Iraq was the main trigger of the chaos we are seeing today in the Middle East.What is the Christian world doing to reverse this chaos the Neocons created?

Where did i anywhere portray the Iraqi invasion as a minor issue ?

What is the Christian world doing to reverse it you ask, to which you prove my point in that you pigionhole the whole of the Christian world as responsible for the actions of the few. Why hold everyone responsible for what was an Anglo/American affair. You still see things in very much black and white here.

I raised the Armenian/Ottoman era to you twice and asked your opinion if you agree with the definition of genocide. You could jot even bring yourself to acknowledge the question never mind give an answer.. And you speak of the attitudes of others !!!

Nothing surprises me in your denial of plain truths now AL. Just look the other way put your fingers in your ears and pretend it didn't happen.

Edited by Damo808 - 31 July 2017 at 8:13pm
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Seeking
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Seeking Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 8:51pm

The Bush administration in 2001 to 2004 included many leading neocon figures, such as:George W. Bush's defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld, his deputy defense secretary Paul Wolfowitz, his Vice President Dick Cheney.Other Bush cabinet members who are thought to have adopted neoconservative foreign policy thinking include ... Secretary of State Condoleezza Ricehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_DoctrineTheir "brilliant" Creative Chaos strategy is one of the main reasons for the chaos we see in today's world, and some of their main allies had an extremist evangelist ideology, no doubt about it.

None of your links support what you said, like "paving the way for the return of Jesus" or "extremist groups reaching top executive powers in the USA through the ballot box?"
You also claim Christian fundies wanted to "spread the Bible in Iraq." Did they? No. As Corinna said evangelists weren't in uniform.
Was Colin Powell one of these "neocons"? No. He publically regretted getting fooled by the Intel and Saddam. Was Obama in on it? Good grief.

"What is the Christian world doing to reverse it you ask, to which you prove my point in that you pigionhole the whole of the Christian world as responsible for the actions of the few. PWhy hold everyone responsible for what was an Anglo/American affair. You still see things in very much black and white here. "
Good point Damo808. This is also a good question:
"

Perhaps the Church is of the view that Islam has much apologizing itself to do in regards its history reaching all the way back to its founder. As i said islam from the days of your prophet has been about violent expansionism. Not so the Jews.

P.S: I did notice you skirted the Armenian question.
     Why doesn't that surprise me. Seems some of us can accept the past while others can't. "

Edited by Seeking - 31 July 2017 at 9:09pm
Seeking
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Seeking Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 8:58pm

So the Vatican reached out to the Jews, who were one group of the victims on the Inquisition.Why didn't they reach out to Muslims who were much more in number, if they admit this crime?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. And at least they apologized to the Jews. Has Islam ever apologized for anything? Ever?
Seeking
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Seeking Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Corinna

BTW, 9/11 was blamed on Israel. Do you remember those blatant lies?

"Zionists" not Jews. LOL
Seeking
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Seeking Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Corinna

"Pockets of radicals"? Try to remind the Neocons and their right wing Christian Evangelists partners of this so called "reformation", as it seems they forgot all about it when they bombed and destroyed Iraq to pave way for the return of Jesus.What reformation are you talking of with these extremist groups reaching top executive powers in the USA through the ballot box?

When did this happen, Al? Neo-cons, right wing Christian Evangelists paving the way for return of Jesus by bombing terrorists and terrorist ideology in Iraq? I don't think you understand US politics very well.

That's an understatement. I don't think he lives here.
Seeking
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Seeking Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 9:16pm

Revenge for what?

Bush Jr thought Sadaam tried to kill his daddy. Some idiots also thought Sadaam represented the perps of 9/11.
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version