Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Hadith Question: Fate of Past Nations? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Shenango

It is ironic, by the way, that you chose to post a quote from Al-Maududi, given that his wife was ethnically Jewish and born to Jewish parents. If anything you just inadvertently bolstered my point that Muslims hold no natural animus towards Jews, be it ethnic, racial, or otherwise. Do you see now why I would not stand down from that fact? I bet you would not have posted it had you known that fact.
You think it makes a difference? Or you think that I wouldn't notice that it doesn't? How is it relevant?
Originally posted by Shenango

I am not agreeing with his statements; they remain solely his opinion.
This is the real issue. When I first encountered Al-Maududi, I thought he was a fringe Islamist and I paid little attention to him. However, now I know otherwise. He has been quoted often in this forum and subsequently I've read a lot more of his writing.

When there are terrorist attacks, Westerners ask "where is the response from the Islamic community?". Well... I ask the same about Al-Maududi. Some of his writings are obscene, yet all any Muslim here can say about him is "It's his opinion". Hence, in the absence of dissent from Muslims here, I have accepted his views as being the "correct" view of modern Islam. "Qui tacet consentit" You think I'm Islamophobic? Who wouldn't be after reading Al-Maududi?

Edited by Non Believer - 16 September 2017 at 12:10pm
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Shenango  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Shenango Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Non Believer

You think it makes a difference? Or you think that I wouldn't notice that it doesn't? How is it relevant?

You're quoting from Maududi to show an example of clean-cut anti-Semitism. Might the fact of his wife being Jewish complicate the otherwise simplistic point you're trying to make it all? I dunno, you tell me. May need to think about this one a bit, but don't spend too long!

Originally posted by Non Believer

Who wouldn't be after reading Al-Maududi?

But see I'm not really convinced you've actually been reading Al-Maududi. Your attempts to equivocate Islam and/or its teachings with Nazism are a classic tool right out of the Islamophobic playbook. This fear-mongering is now a multi-million dollar industry in the West and made the likes of Steve Emerson, Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller. These people have profited handsomely off making non-Muslims in the West scared of their neighbors by using half-baked equivocations just like that.

You regurgitate their material onto this forum verbatim showing no signs of having critically thought it through. Then you get smack down from the Muslims here when your points are easily countered. You''re coming to realize that you've been lied to by the Islamophobes at least as much as you think you've been lied to about Islam. And that's a good thing. Maybe it'll actually teach you to actually get off your butt and go out and meet your neighbors rather than relying on reading somebody else's view about them.
"I mean, brothers and sisters, the appointed time has grown short; from now on, let even those who have wives be as though they had none"--Paul c. 55 CE
ishammad  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2017 at 12:52pm
How Islam Saved the Jews

Source: The Jewish Chronicle and an Audio file is available here.
(Jewish professor David J. Wasserstein)

How Islam and Muslims Treated Jews and the Real Threat to World Peace
(Jewish Rabbi in TheDeenShow - 30 min video)

Edited by ishammad - 19 September 2017 at 1:43pm
Exalted is your Lord, the Lord of might, above what they describe. And peace upon the messengers. And praise to Allah, Lord of the worlds. 37:180-182
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 30 September 2017 at 10:05am
All of you seem to deal with your contradictions so well. It is so convenient how you choose what scripture to use to suit your agenda.

Al-Cordoby's Hadith of the Day reminded me about this thread.

Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:You do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but you deal with them with forgiveness and kindness.(Hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari)
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version