Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: 9.11 Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Topic: 9.11
    Posted: 11 September 2017 at 12:26pm
Where in the US are Islamic memorials honoring those who were so savagely murdered on 9.11.2001 in NYC?
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Doris  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Doris Replybullet Posted: 11 September 2017 at 11:29pm
Perhaps these people are remembered in special ceremonies in their mosques. I know all their names were included in the memorial ceremonies today.
History Buff
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Doris

Perhaps these people are remembered in special ceremonies in their mosques. I know all their names were included in the memorial ceremonies today.

Yeah, that's a Jewish thing - like we do on Yom Kippur, read all the names of the deceased.  It is a great way to remember, to grieve and deal with the tragedies.  I was hoping there was a positive Muslim reaction to 9.11 in the US.

Doris, do you know that the only other 9.11 memorial that lists all the names of the victims of this horrific terrorism is in Israel.  I recently visited the site.  It is quiet and peaceful all around as we read the names.  

The Mosques where I live sent a letter of condolence to the local newspaper on behalf of their members and made contributions to a national 9.11 fund.  I am surprised others haven't done so.  I know the local synagogues did as well as a few churches. 

Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2017 at 3:01am
9/11 was a disgusting day.

I'm sure the Muslims did their part just like every other victim community.

Lots of innocent people lost their lives due to some crazy psychos - regardless of religion.

I don't think any religion or organization has any special responsibility to go above and beyond to show you disapprove of 9/11.

It was murder, plain and simple. And it was because of 9/11 that Muslims are currently living in fear and oppression.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Magister

9/11 was a disgusting day.I'm sure the Muslims did their part just like every other victim community.Lots of innocent people lost their lives due to some crazy psychos - regardless of religion.I don't think any religion or organization has any special responsibility to go above and beyond to show you disapprove of 9/11.It was murder, plain and simple. And it was because of 9/11 that Muslims are currently living in fear and oppression.

I have to thank you. I learn a lot by reading your ignorant remarks.

The perpetrators of 9/11 were not "some crazy psychos" and to characterise them as such is, besides ignorant, dangerous. I wonder just how widely this excuse is used to dismiss what happened in a carefully planned and well-financed attack.

The word "oppression" has taken on a new meaning for me seeing how you use the word. It's a real "snowflake" word the way you use it.

Besides which, it is an absurd stretch to say that Muslim "oppression" only began in 2001.
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Corinna

Where in the US are Islamic memorials honoring those who were so savagely murdered on 9.11.2001 in NYC?

To add on.

The KKK savagely murdered many and there is not a single Islamic memorial honoring those savagely murdered by KKK.

In life, be like a traveller. Take only what you need
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2017 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Traveller

To add on.

The KKK savagely murdered many and there is not a single Islamic memorial honoring those savagely murdered by KKK.

Then you need to create one, pay for it and place it appropriately.  In what time span did this kkk murdering of Muslims take place?  And what were the  reasons given?  I've not read about this as part of American history.

Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Non Believer

Originally posted by Magister

9/11 was a disgusting day.I'm sure the Muslims did their part just like every other victim community.Lots of innocent people lost their lives due to some crazy psychos - regardless of religion.I don't think any religion or organization has any special responsibility to go above and beyond to show you disapprove of 9/11.It was murder, plain and simple. And it was because of 9/11 that Muslims are currently living in fear and oppression.

I have to thank you. I learn a lot by reading your ignorant remarks.

The perpetrators of 9/11 were not "some crazy psychos" and to characterise them as such is, besides ignorant, dangerous. I wonder just how widely this excuse is used to dismiss what happened in a carefully planned and well-financed attack.

The word "oppression" has taken on a new meaning for me seeing how you use the word. It's a real "snowflake" word the way you use it.

Besides which, it is an absurd stretch to say that Muslim "oppression" only began in 2001.

I should report you for being so offensive to me, but I'm not a snowflake .

And I'm sorry you disagree, but there is no way on Earth the hijackers on 9/11 were sane, normal people. They were evil and psycho.

It's not an excuse to dismiss what happened - it's actually what happened, and if you think otherwise, then I'd have to urge you to hit your nearest library and try to get one of those free educations, because the one you paid for isn't quite working out for you if you can't determine when someone is evil and nuts and when someone is normal and sane.

And yes, "oppression" is the right word. In fact, I see Muslims as the most oppressed groups in the West today.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2017 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Traveller

To add on.

Excellent point!
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2017 at 12:42pm
are people still buying the official story of what transpired that day ???

Geez..

That smog of the debris that rained over NY that day seems to still be clouding the better judgment of many still to this day regretfully. That in itself is a tragedy.
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2017 at 1:55pm
Sad but true:  Cleveland State University's Director of Facilities Maintenance ordered a chalk 9.11 memorial washed off, as in a temporary drawing, from the place on campus where it was authorized to be drawn by students.  He had it removed the morning of 9.11.  Check it out.  This director is Muslim.

An American flag and the words "9.11 Never Forget" comprised the drawing.
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2017 at 2:14pm
Hi Corinna. You have a link there ?
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2017 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Damo808

Hi Corinna. You have a link there ?

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/36614/

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/11/cleveland-state-university-destroys-911-chalk-memorial/

Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2017 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Damo808

are people still buying the official story of what transpired that day ???

Geez..

That smog of the debris that rained over NY that day seems to still be clouding the better judgment of many still to this day regretfully. That in itself is a tragedy.

I think Trump is himself a 'Truther'. I know he doesn't buy the official story and blames Bush for it. But the press was making him look bad for it during his campaign, so he might've laid off that.
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version