Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Las Vegas Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2017 at 10:46am
It doesn't say the militias have the right to bear arms (though this is implied), it says the people have the right to keep and bear arms - that refers to American citizens.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2017 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Magister

It doesn't say the militias have the right to bear arms (though this is implied), it says the people have the right to keep and bear arms - that refers to American citizens.
yes, for the purpose of forming a militia. If that wasn't what was intended, the authors could have saved ink and left out the first thirteen words. Those words are there for a reason and cannot be ignored. Those who pretend those words aren't there and who promote unregulated weapons ownership are committing a fraud. It's a BIG LIE tactic. Your political system is so broken it cannot even challenge these fraudsters.
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2017 at 3:51pm
NB, as you can see - the language itself allows for various interpretations.

Americans have a right to bear arms. The constitution says so.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 7:08pm
With over 12000 gun deaths already this year, how can you not admit that your gun culture is a problem?

Number of Deaths in 2017
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 7:14pm
That's just .002% - not a huge number at all. It's just double that of the UK's total homicide at 0.001%.

You'd think that double rate of homicide would be bad - well at such a low proportion (way less than 1%) and with the US being about 9x larger than the UK, I'd say that the US is doing pretty darn well for itself relative to nations where firearms are banned.
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Magister

I legally own a legal firearm, do you,  Magister?  Also a native bow and arrows and ....  a leaf blower (my late husband thought that and a new leaf rake were perfect Mother's Day gifts for  me!!)  Leaf blowers can do wonders to run people off your property.    I was NRA trained starting as a young teenager and, no, I do not hunt animals.  
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2017 at 12:23am
Please tell me how the benefit you get from owning a weapon justifies the harm that gun ownership causes?

Tuesday, October 10th 2017, 2:14 am PDT
A homicide investigation is underway in a Henrico neighborhood after a one-year-old girl was killed in a shooting. A 20-year-old man was also shot.

Oct 9, 2017
Jackson County investigators believe a 25-year-old mother shot and killed her two young children before turning the gun on herself over the weekend.

Oct 06, 2017 10:56 AM PDT
The confirmation reinforced the Cabell County Sheriff's Office original belief that 39-year-old Leah Cart shot her two children and then turned the gun and shot herself.

Fri 6:37 AM, Oct 06, 2017
RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- Arrest warrants for a man facing involuntary manslaughter and possession of a firearm charges provides more details in the shooting death of an 8-year-old boy.

Oct 4, 2017
RIPLEY – According to Tippah County Coroner Chris McCallister, an 11-year-old boy has died after an apparent, self-inflicted, accidental shooting Monday.

7:47 PM, October 03, 2017
ORLANDO, Fla. - A 5-year-old boy has died after he accidentally shot himself with a family member's gun Tuesday afternoon across the street from Florida Hospital East, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Oct 2, 2017 7:33 PM EDT
Orangeburg, SC (WOLO) —Authorities say an 8 year old boy has died after getting his hands on a loaded gun and shooting himself.

Oct 1, 2017 7:42 PM
A little eight year old boy was shot in the chest at approximately 10 pm Saturday night while family members were shooting at tin cans at the family resident on CR 3560 near the Plum Grove area of north Liberty County.

Sep 29, 2017 12:16 PM MDT
EL PASO, Texas - Tornillo school district officials say two brothers, 11 and 8 years old, were involved in an accidental shooting Thursday evening. The younger child was wounded and has died.

September 29, 2017 at 4:21 PM
PARMA, Ohio -- A 3-year-old boy who accidentally shot himself Thursday afternoon was visiting his grandparents in Parma when he found his father's gun in the center console of a van in the driveway, police say.
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2017 at 1:47am
Originally posted by Corinna

a leaf blower (my late husband thought that and a new leaf rake were perfect Mother's Day gifts for  me!!)  Leaf blowers can do wonders to run people off your property.    I was NRA trained starting as a young teenager and, no, I do not hunt animals.  

....just picturing the leaf blOwer being brought out to sort out hoodlums...
what a gift haha.
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2017 at 12:31pm
2:18 p.m. ET Oct. 11, 2017
MARTIN COUNTY — A Stuart man held down a man with a gun for 20 to 30 minutes early Wednesday morning while waiting for deputies to arrive...Deputies noted in the arrest report that Pharmer smelled strongly of alcohol, and told them he wasn't going to shoot his neighbor.

10:42 AM. EDT October 12, 2017
JACKSONVILLE, Fla.- A burglary suspect is dead and another is one the run after a confrontation with a homeowner, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says. The homeowner was alerted to the burglary by his alarm system company around 11:40 a.m. Wednesday. Police were simultaneously contacted. The homeowner returned to the home in the 6000 block of Park Street on Jacksonville's Westside, arriving before police. JSO Sgt. Steve Rudlaff said the homeowner confronted the two unknown intruders inside the home. The homeowner shot and killed one intruder, but the other got away on foot. ... Baughman said the suspect who escaped could face murder charges if prosecutors determine the death happened during the commission of crime by both suspects together.

Updated 9:00 am, Thursday, October 12, 2017
A 26-year-old woman she allegedly shot and killed a man Wednesday while he argued with her mother. As they were arguing, her 26-year-old daughter, who has also not been identified, walked into the room with a gun, police said. "She goes in there to confront him and tell him to stop," Miller said. When the man, in his 50s, moved toward the daughter, she shot him in the lower abdomen, he said. The man was taken to Brooke Army Medical Center where he later died, police said.
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Non Believer

Please tell me how the benefit you get from owning a weapon justifies the harm that gun ownership causes?

Tuesday, October 10th 2017, 2:14 am PDT
A homicide investigation is underway in a Henrico neighborhood after a one-year-old girl was killed in a shooting. A 20-year-old man was also shot.

Oct 9, 2017
Jackson County investigators believe a 25-year-old mother shot and killed her two young children before turning the gun on herself over the weekend.

Oct 06, 2017 10:56 AM PDT
The confirmation reinforced the Cabell County Sheriff's Office original belief that 39-year-old Leah Cart shot her two children and then turned the gun and shot herself.

Fri 6:37 AM, Oct 06, 2017
RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) -- Arrest warrants for a man facing involuntary manslaughter and possession of a firearm charges provides more details in the shooting death of an 8-year-old boy.

Oct 4, 2017
RIPLEY – According to Tippah County Coroner Chris McCallister, an 11-year-old boy has died after an apparent, self-inflicted, accidental shooting Monday.

7:47 PM, October 03, 2017
ORLANDO, Fla. - A 5-year-old boy has died after he accidentally shot himself with a family member's gun Tuesday afternoon across the street from Florida Hospital East, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Oct 2, 2017 7:33 PM EDT
Orangeburg, SC (WOLO) —Authorities say an 8 year old boy has died after getting his hands on a loaded gun and shooting himself.

Oct 1, 2017 7:42 PM
A little eight year old boy was shot in the chest at approximately 10 pm Saturday night while family members were shooting at tin cans at the family resident on CR 3560 near the Plum Grove area of north Liberty County.

Sep 29, 2017 12:16 PM MDT
EL PASO, Texas - Tornillo school district officials say two brothers, 11 and 8 years old, were involved in an accidental shooting Thursday evening. The younger child was wounded and has died.

September 29, 2017 at 4:21 PM
PARMA, Ohio -- A 3-year-old boy who accidentally shot himself Thursday afternoon was visiting his grandparents in Parma when he found his father's gun in the center console of a van in the driveway, police say.

That's not me out there shooting people, NB. 

I am responsible, reliable, honest, sensible and sane (sort of).  I am not a terrorist, criminal, thug nor do I do or condone illegal activities.  I do not own weapons/was not trained to use them against others for my own benefit or  for  reasons of hate and disagreement, i.e. murder, robbery, to threaten, to commit terrorism or as a gang member, etc.  That was all part of the excellent years of training I have had. 

BTW, as an 'employee' (now retired) of the county criminal court where I live, I was encouraged to keep up with my weapons training, rode with police officers, firefighters, worked one on one with clients, etc. all as part of my job qualifications. 

I do not sit on  my front porch, drinking a glass of tea while waving weapons at neighbors and neighborhood walkers.  My guns are locked away in a place you would have a hard time finding if you visited me.

There are responsible, legal weapons' owners and qualified users in the US. Just because I am female does not make me exempt. I am entitled to own guns and have been more than legally vetted.  As a side note, I inherited an elephant gun years ago that I donated to a museum.  I despise hurting animals and this wholesale shooting of animals for trophies makes me sick. 
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2017 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Damo808

Originally posted by Corinna

a leaf blower (my late husband thought that and a new leaf rake were perfect Mother's Day gifts for  me!!)  Leaf blowers can do wonders to run people off your property.    I was NRA trained starting as a young teenager and, no, I do not hunt animals.  

....just picturing the leaf blOwer being brought out to sort out hoodlums...
what a gift haha.

One thing I learned about a leaf blower ... do not use it to "sweep" off an enclosed porch when the doors to the house are open.  Oy vey!  What a mess to clean up.    Also, some people (who  shall remain nameless) do not need tools that hook up to the electricity.  !! Cordless !! is the only way to go for some of us.  My husband said it was because I am blond. 

theology_room  
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote theology_room Replybullet Posted: 20 October 2017 at 7:39pm

People like the Vegas shooter haven't been incentivised by hate mongers promising rewards in the next life for their 'bravery'. They simply decide within their own head that people will die by their hand due to their own phsychotic warped view of the world.

So if a crime is not religiously incentivised, it's somehow less abhorrent than religiously incentivised crimes?

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc decided within their own head that people will die by their hand due to their own phsychotic warped view of the world
But since they were not motivated by religion, their crimes are not as bad as the ones carried out by so called Islamic terrorists.
Doris  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Doris Replybullet Posted: 20 October 2017 at 8:22pm
Room, nobody said that, and you know it.

"So called Islamist terrorists"?

That's what they call themselves? What should I call them? What do you call them?
History Buff
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 21 October 2017 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by theology_room

People like the Vegas shooter haven't been incentivised by hate mongers promising rewards in the next life for their 'bravery'. They simply decide within their own head that people will die by their hand due to their own phsychotic warped view of the world.

So if a crime is not religiously incentivised, it's somehow less abhorrent than religiously incentivised crimes?

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc decided within their own head that people will die by their hand due to their own phsychotic warped view of the world
But since they were not motivated by religion, their crimes are not as bad as the ones carried out by so called Islamic terrorists.

That's clearly not what I said or intoned so why do you suggest as such ?
I do not know what the vegas shooters inspiration was. But when you have people globally carrying out atrocities who are motivated by the same inspiration be that an ideological or religious motovation that is a greater security issue because you have obviously more to look out for.

When you have people recognised as leaders or representitives of such ideologies or religions who can openly call for the genocide of others in public places of high reverence in states which allow them to do so freely and that such rhetoric is met with either support or indifference. This to me is much more serious a problem for western society than guessing unknowns threats from the next lunatic who looses their mind and takes it out on Joe public. Death is death it doesn't matter who carries it out. It's the management of risk and the obvious places from which it is likely to come that is the issue.

We know where the obvious risk comes from and where much of that support is found and fundamentaly where they find their justification for it.

Edited by Damo808 - 21 October 2017 at 2:14pm
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version