Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: B.C. mosque removes link to anti-Semitic(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Forum Rating: 0
bullet Topic: B.C. mosque removes link to anti-Semitic
    Posted: 06 October 2017 at 1:44pm
B.C. mosque removes link to anti-Semitic website following questions

In the image in this article (https://islamqa.info/en/21977). Yes, I know, this post is from 15 years ago

Shouldn't Muslims be calling for the taking down of hate-filled posts on islamqa.info? It only inflames the tensions that already exist.

What is the way of solving the Palestinian issue which becomes more complicated each day?
Published Date: 2002-04-27
Praise be to Allaah.
The Muslim is deeply grieved and filled with sorrow as the Palestinian situation goes from bad to worse, and gets more complicated, until it has ended up in the state we have seen in recent days, because of differences among neighbouring nations and their failure to stand together as one against the enemy and their failure to adhere to the rule of Islam on which Allaah has made victory dependent, and has promised those who adhere to it that they will gain power and become powerful in the land, and has warned of grave danger and a severe punishment, if the neighbouring nations do not hasten to unite once more and adhere to the Islamic ruling concerning this matter, which concerns them and the entire Islamic world.

It is worth pointing out in this context that the Palestinian issue is an Islamic issue, first and last, but the enemies of Islam are striving their utmost to remove it from the Islamic map and make the non-Arab Muslims think that it is an Arab issue that does not concern the non-Arabs. It seems that they have succeeded in that to some extent.

Hence I think that a solution cannot be reached in this matter unless it is regarded as an Islamic issue and the Muslims cooperate to find a solution, and wage an Islamic jihad against the Jews, until the land is given back to its people and the Jewish immigrants go back to the countries from which they came, and the original Jewish inhabitants stay in their towns under Islamic rule, not communist or secular rule. In this manner truth will prevail and falsehood will be defeated, and the people whose land it is will return to their land under Islamic rule and none other. And Allaah is the source of strength.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, part 1, p. 1259
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Doris  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
bullet Posted: 06 October 2017 at 4:01pm
The text of this message makes me uncomfortable. Is there an answer somehow that doesn't involve a "jihad against the Jews"? Has there EVER been a negotiated settlement in the history of Islam?

Never mind. I have Google. I will search for the answer myself.

Edited by Doris - 06 October 2017 at 4:02pm
History Buff
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
bullet Posted: 06 October 2017 at 6:00pm
Oy vey!!  What trash from a trashy site.  There are several others, too, Doris and NB.  ICNA included but severely undercover. 

Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

bullet Posted: 07 October 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Corinna

Oy vey!!  What trash from a trashy site.  There are several others, too, Doris and NB.  ICNA included but severely undercover. 
I wish that we could dismiss this as a radical view on a trashy site. It turns out this is a fatwa provided by Shaykh Ibn Baaz, who was Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia from 1993 until his death in 1999. There can be no excuse that it is the opinion of someone who doesn't have an understanding of Islam.

It is also interesting that he was criticised by Osama bin Laden for being too moderate.

Open Letter to Shaykh Bin Baz (by Osama bin Laden)
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
bullet Posted: 07 October 2017 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by NB

There can be no excuse that it is the opinion of someone who doesn't have an understanding of Islam.

Could've sworn someone here said that this is the same guy who also is convinced the world is flat and that it being round is just a Western conspiracy lol.

Wow.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Doris  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
bullet Posted: 07 October 2017 at 10:27pm
Apparently he took the Quran very literally.
History Buff
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 07 October 2017 at 11:37pm
Not when it came to the world being flat. That's a biblical/Western belief I thought.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

bullet Posted: 08 October 2017 at 12:37am
I think you are mistaken about what this Shaykh's cosmological views were. However, I don't see how these views pertain to his Antisemitism and that no Muslim here sees anything wrong with this Fatwa and that Arabs are still reading it.

If you want to start a thread on Islamic Cosmology, fine, but please don't hijack this thread.

Edited by Non Believer - 08 October 2017 at 12:37am
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 08 October 2017 at 1:02am
Not hijacking the thread, just pointing out that you chose to use a very particular shaikh to support your point - one so extreme and non-mainstream that he even considers any Muslim that thinks the world is round to be a disbeliever and outside the fold of Islam.
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

bullet Posted: 08 October 2017 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Magister

Not hijacking the thread, just pointing out that you chose to use a very particular shaikh to support your point - one so extreme and non-mainstream that he even considers any Muslim that thinks the world is round to be a disbeliever and outside the fold of Islam.
He was the spiritual leader for tens of millions of Muslims living in the holiest land of Islam. I did not choose him to represent Islam; millions of Muslims did.

He had an extensive knowledge of Islam. You are so ignorant of Islam compared to him, you have no right to insult him. You can be sure that his rulings are strongly grounded in the Qur'an, Sunnah, and Fiqh. Since I don't view these sources as relevant sources for Cosmological theory, I'm not the slightest bit interested in what conclusions he drew from these, nor am I interested in how you are misunderstanding what he has concluded. I'm certain that his conclusions, built on this false foundation, are highly logical given what they are. Feel free to start your own thread, if you choose.

If you wish to refute his Fatwa, then you must produce a ruling from someone with at least a similar knowledge of Islam and which contradicts what is in this Fatwa. I've searched and anything I've found is similar to what is stated in the original post, even documents from well before the establish of the State of Israel.

It is clear that Jews are welcome in the Middle East only if they submit to Islamic rule. This has always been the case and is the source of the conflict.

For once, you should try to argue in an honest way. If you disagree with this Shaykh's views, then you should be forthright about which statements you disagree with. Since peoples' lives are at stake because of the horror of these genocidal monsters, it is inappropriate to dismiss this ruling as insignificant.

ACTION IS REQUIRED by Muslims. Non-Muslims are powerless against these monsters.
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
bullet Posted: 08 October 2017 at 3:21pm

Not when it came to the world being flat. That's a biblical/Western belief I thought.

Neither...

Although you will find people the world over who believe so and no amount of evidence will change their mind. The bible doesn't describe the earth as flat. It may use language such as 'the four corners of the earth' etc.. but it's a stretch to say this was anything more than allegory.

out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 08 October 2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Non Believer

He was the spiritual leader for tens of millions of Muslims living in the holiest land of Islam. I did not choose him to represent Islam; millions of Muslims did.

He had an extensive knowledge of Islam. You are so ignorant of Islam compared to him, you have no right to insult him. You can be sure that his rulings are strongly grounded in the Qur'an, Sunnah, and Fiqh. Since I don't view these sources as relevant sources for Cosmological theory, I'm not the slightest bit interested in what conclusions he drew from these, nor am I interested in how you are misunderstanding what he has concluded. I'm certain that his conclusions, built on this false foundation, are highly logical given what they are. Feel free to start your own thread, if you choose.

If you wish to refute his Fatwa, then you must produce a ruling from someone with at least a similar knowledge of Islam and which contradicts what is in this Fatwa. I've searched and anything I've found is similar to what is stated in the original post, even documents from well before the establish of the State of Israel.

It is clear that Jews are welcome in the Middle East only if they submit to Islamic rule. This has always been the case and is the source of the conflict.

For once, you should try to argue in an honest way. If you disagree with this Shaykh's views, then you should be forthright about which statements you disagree with. Since peoples' lives are at stake because of the horror of these genocidal monsters, it is inappropriate to dismiss this ruling as insignificant.

ACTION IS REQUIRED by Muslims. Non-Muslims are powerless against these monsters.

It doesn't change the fact that you're choosing a sheikh that has very extreme views to paint a picture of "Islam". He is not only convinced the world is flat (while I'm sure you'd notice most Muslims reject along with their scholars), but he even considered anyone who disagreed to be a disbeliever - a stance that's not a part of mainstream Islam.

You used his views to paint a picture of Islam. You went to the fringe.

Edited by Magister - 08 October 2017 at 5:18pm
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version