Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Only Muslims would...Oh wait, I'm wrong Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 4 Next >>
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Topic: Only Muslims would...Oh wait, I'm wrong
    Posted: 10 October 2017 at 7:04pm
Africans from a very strong Christian nation raped and murdered a woman for serving them forbidden "fish" - then committed acts of cannibalism afterward.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/10/mob-cheers-on-rape-killing-of-woman-who-served-forbidden-fish/
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2017 at 7:49pm
Please excuse my ignorance, but you'll have to explain the connection between this event and Christianity.

Is there "forbidden fish" in Christianity? Is the punishment for feeding "forbidden fish" to another person a sentence of public incest? What other crimes do Christians use this sentence for? Where is this form of punishment described in the Bible? Was there a proclamation by the Pope or high ranking official condoning the use of this sentence in this case? What caused the sentence to be upgraded to a death penalty? Is there a ritual of drinking the blood of murdered people within some sects of Christianity?

Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
Doris  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Doris Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2017 at 8:31pm
Magister, you're really pushing it. I can't imagine what your purpose was in posting this topic.
History Buff
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Non Believer

Please excuse my ignorance, but you'll have to explain the connection between this event and Christianity.

Is there "forbidden fish" in Christianity? Is the punishment for feeding "forbidden fish" to another person a sentence of public incest? What other crimes do Christians use this sentence for? Where is this form of punishment described in the Bible? Was there a proclamation by the Pope or high ranking official condoning the use of this sentence in this case? What caused the sentence to be upgraded to a death penalty? Is there a ritual of drinking the blood of murdered people within some sects of Christianity?

I was pointing out how it was a majority-Christian nation - odds are, they are all Christians. Odds are, they think this is inspired by God (like the LRA and that other Christian terrorist group from the Congo).

But you can find all sorts of sects that teach all sorts of things. I loved studying Christianity and the various sects.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Doris

Magister, you're really pushing it. I can't imagine what your purpose was in posting this topic.

Pushing what, Franco? I thought it was an interesting story. It's a current event, and I'm posting in the current events section.

Edited by Magister - 10 October 2017 at 9:08pm
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Magister

Odds are, they think this is inspired by God
OK... Odds are they are theists and odds are that they will commit atrocities in the name of God. You could be right. It surprises me that a Muslim would make this point since all forms of theism suffer from this failing.

That said, none of the hideous actions resemble any ritual of Judaism, Christianity or Islam that I'm familiar with. Perhaps it is related to some African supernatural being. I don't know anything about traditional African religions.

You know, by your foolish logic, "odds are" the attackers in Paris, Brussels, London, Manchester... were Christian. I'd love to meet you at a poker table.

Edited by Non Believer - 10 October 2017 at 10:02pm
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 12:40am
Look at the title of the post..."Only Muslims would...Oh wait, I'm wrong"

The point of the post was to point out to something horrendous that's happening and probably wouldn't make headlines in most places because it wasn't done by Muslims.

Then people suffer the illusion that Muslims are the only ones to commit terrible crimes.

And as for the poker table - if you went up against me, you'd be going home without pants and shoes - and your mortgage and car lease would go unpaid.
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:59am
Oh, I see, this is another "persecuted Muslim" post.

No, I don't think Western news bias works quite like that. Unless White people are killed, there's no interest. There are plenty of terrible crimes that are perpetrated by Muslims which are barely reported but that's because the victims were also Muslims. Who over here cares, eh? Recently, I pointed out a pair of suicide bombings in Damascus and it didn't get a comment from anyone here. Terrorist attacks in South America barely get a mention in the news, either. As long as the victims are Muslim, black, Hispanic, anything but White, they don't matter. Sad, isn't it.

Violent storms in Asia? They have them there, too, really? Only in the Philippines, though, right? Where there are US military bases? Those are the ones we see in the news.
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Magister

I was pointing out how it was a majority-Christian nation - odds are, they are all Christians. Odds are, they think this is inspired by God (like the LRA and that other Christian terrorist group from the Congo).But you can find all sorts of sects that teach all sorts of things. I loved studying Christianity and the various sects.

Another thread of desparation and ha he has to cite the LRA yet again...
You speak of odds Magister.. So I put it to you as I put it to you before. If I board a plane or a train or a ferry anywhere in the world. How much chance is there of me, you or anyone else on this forum likely to meet any Christian who A:Believes in such beliefs as they do ? B:Supports or promotes the beliefs they do ? And C: is indifferent to the believes they hold ?

I think it would be safe to say the chances are extraordinary minimal.

On the flipside given those same travel situations. How likely am I to be around a Sunni Muslim who A. Believes in GM for girls ? B. The instillment or Sharia by violent means. And C rationalise terrorism.

The truth is I and many others here could walk past a sunni Muslim or many just walking down the streets in the nearest citis to us who believe all three are not just justified but moral imperatives. This is the stark reality. You on the other hand cite the fringest of fringe groups to draw some comparrison which as I say is desparation.

Edited by Damo808 - 11 October 2017 at 6:34am
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 6:32am
And western media ??? don't gimme that rubbish.. Western media have ignored for the reasons of preventing public outrage the statistical data which shows sexual related crimes have gone through the roof since the influx of Muslim migrants into Europe. The same western media who won't dare link Islamic terrorism to Islamic rhetoric. Western media has done a terrific job in diversion from these issues. The western biased media claim by Muslims didn't have any credibility in the past and certainly not in 2017.
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 7:05am
Such was your desparation that you cite these people as being Christians due to the fact that there is a Christian majority there. But the link you provided does not record the perpetrators as even belonging to any Christian group. Here's a little wiki description of the group you've kneejerkingly reported on upon reading this news with hands a rubbing no doubt:

"Although relatively poorly armed, with most of their weaponry looted or stolen from the Congolese security forces,[5] the insurgents are strongly motivated by their belief in various forms of witchcraft:[2] Many Kamwina Nsapu rebels believe in gaining magical protection from harm[1][2] by wearing fetishs,[2] specific leaves,[27][5] and protective amulets.[5] Elements of the Kamwina Nsapu militia have even been described as "cultlike" due to their beliefs: For example, recruits are reportedly forced to walk through fire, and told that by undergoing this initiation ritual they will be resurrected in case they are killed in battle.[1] Some fighters also believe that wooden weapons can be transformed into functioning guns through magical rituals.[2]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamwina_Nsapu_rebellion

So we can see this group has no links to Christianity they believe in witchcraft.
Perhaps a little background checking would have sufficed. But couldn't wait to go with that one ehh ? But as a now ex member also seemed to believe ...details..evidence ??? who needs the like ? hehe.

Edited by Damo808 - 11 October 2017 at 7:10am
Doris  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Doris Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 10:02am
Hey! I wanna play in the poker game! Better yet, bridge, for $$$.
History Buff
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Non Believer

Oh, I see, this is another "persecuted Muslim" post.

No, I don't think Western news bias works quite like that. Unless White people are killed, there's no interest. There are plenty of terrible crimes that are perpetrated by Muslims which are barely reported but that's because the victims were also Muslims. Who over here cares, eh? Recently, I pointed out a pair of suicide bombings in Damascus and it didn't get a comment from anyone here. Terrorist attacks in South America barely get a mention in the news, either. As long as the victims are Muslim, black, Hispanic, anything but White, they don't matter. Sad, isn't it.

Violent storms in Asia? They have them there, too, really? Only in the Philippines, though, right? Where there are US military bases? Those are the ones we see in the news.

One of the few times you'll have me agreeing with you, NB.
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Damo808

Such was your desparation that you cite these people as being Christians due to the fact that there is a Christian majority there. But the link you provided does not record the perpetrators as even belonging to any Christian group. Here's a little wiki description of the group you've kneejerkingly reported on upon reading this news with hands a rubbing no doubt:

"Although relatively poorly armed, with most of their weaponry looted or stolen from the Congolese security forces,[5] the insurgents are strongly motivated by their belief in various forms of witchcraft:[2] Many Kamwina Nsapu rebels believe in gaining magical protection from harm[1][2] by wearing fetishs,[2] specific leaves,[27][5] and protective amulets.[5] Elements of the Kamwina Nsapu militia have even been described as "cultlike" due to their beliefs: For example, recruits are reportedly forced to walk through fire, and told that by undergoing this initiation ritual they will be resurrected in case they are killed in battle.[1] Some fighters also believe that wooden weapons can be transformed into functioning guns through magical rituals.[2]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamwina_Nsapu_rebellion

So we can see this group has no links to Christianity they believe in witchcraft.
Perhaps a little background checking would have sufficed. But couldn't wait to go with that one ehh ? But as a now ex member also seemed to believe ...details..evidence ??? who needs the like ? hehe.

I never said they were Christians - I said it was in a Christian majority nation.

Maybe reading my posts a little more carefully would have sufficed, eh?
Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version