Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Only Muslims would...Oh wait, I'm wrong Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2017 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Magister

I never said they were Christians - I said it was in a Christian majority nation.

But the link you provided cites the group responsible. Anybody would then look into that group to see their background. You chose not to or perhaps you did but then you went on to say they were likely Christians by stating "the odds are they were Christian"...If you knew they were occultists why suggest they were likely to be Christians due to odds ?

THerefore by what you now say above I'm trying to think what the aberviated title of your thread was actally trying to suggest.
Was it that you were actually comparing the problems within Islam today with a most extreme blood thirsty occultist group when you aknowledge < that "Only Muslims would..." ? But that you were wrong as per the title..that the aformentioned group of witcraft practitioners are just as bad ?

Here cometh the great backtrack...

out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:33pm
I don't get why this thread was started. No one would confuse that incident with one with a Muslim perpetrator. Muslims decapitate men and kidnap women and children. A Muslim might have coitus interruptus with a kidnapped woman and then ransom her off. It's nothing like what happened here.

All that is being said in the OP is that not all atrocities against women are perpetrated by Muslims. I don't think anyone ever claimed that only Muslims violate the fundamental human rights of women. To point out that others do it too in no way lessens the shame of the acts perpetrated by the Companions and that these acts were made permissible.
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Non Believer

I don't get why this thread was started. No one would confuse that incident with one with a Muslim perpetrator. Muslims decapitate men and kidnap women and children. A Muslim might have coitus interruptus with a kidnapped woman and then ransom her off. It's nothing like what happened here.

All that is being said in the OP is that not all atrocities against women are perpetrated by Muslims. I don't think anyone ever claimed that only Muslims violate the fundamental human rights of women. To point out that others do it too in no way lessens the shame of the acts perpetrated by the Companions and that these acts were made permissible.

If Muslims do bad things, then that's haram and we as an Ummah condemn those actions. The Companions were righteous holy men and would never tolerate evil actions like that.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Damo808

I never said they were Christians - I said it was in a Christian majority nation.

But the link you provided cites the group responsible. Anybody would then look into that group to see their background. You chose not to or perhaps you did but then you went on to say they were likely Christians by stating "the odds are they were Christian"...If you knew they were occultists why suggest they were likely to be Christians due to odds ?

THerefore by what you now say above I'm trying to think what the aberviated title of your thread was actally trying to suggest.
Was it that you were actually comparing the problems within Islam today with a most extreme blood thirsty occultist group when you aknowledge < that "Only Muslims would..." ? But that you were wrong as per the title..that the aformentioned group of witcraft practitioners are just as bad ?

Here cometh the great backtrack...

I'd estimate that 9 out every 10 stories I hear that resemble this kind of senseless violence and brutality (and even the occult-like acts and cannibalism), it's done by a Christian militia, not by sorcerers or African pagans.

But it's interesting to note that people never hear of these stories happening elsewhere in the world, and so they think Muslims are the only ones that do this sort of thing.

Well, guess again
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Mad Cat  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Mad Cat Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 7:54am
Originally posted by NB

I don't get why this thread was started.

Extreme desperation NB!
In light of the constant reports of Muslims committing atrocities all over the world in the name of Islam Magister here feels the need to show that Muslims are not the only ones committing such horrible acts. Even though the article does not mention Jesus, the Bible, Christianity or Christians even once, Magister tries to shoe-horn in the idea that this act was indeed done by Christians, no doubt in the name of Christianity. He should be embarrassed by his actions but shows no shame. No doubt he will add this to his list of bad examples of Christianity along with the often cited KKK (who are famous for burning crosses and churches) and the LRA (who violate just about every one of the Ten Commandments they claim to uphold).

The double standards become apparent when you realise that Magister would never accept such a lame argument against Islam. He rejects massive groups of Quran reciting, Muhammad following Muslims when it suits him but is willing to suggest that an isolated slaying is likely to be motivated by Christianity only because the country it was committed in is supposed to be majority Christian. The fact that he had to ignore the pagan motivation for the killing and the anti-Christian response to the ‘crime’ only adds to his woes.

Desperation, double-standards and shamelessness!
Test everything. Hold on to the good. 1 Thessalonians 5:21
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 8:10am

I'd estimate that 9 out every 10 stories I hear that resemble this kind of senseless violence and brutality (and even the occult-like acts and cannibalism), it's done by a Christian militia, not by sorcerers or African pagans.

Baseless estimates now..haha and from you.. Just when I thought your desparation had some limits..

But it's interesting to note that people never hear of these stories happening elsewhere in the world,

Perhaps because it's just happens in your own little head.

and so they think Muslims are the only ones that do this sort of thing.Well, guess again

Ohh dry your eyes.. finally it comes making my heart bleed 'the whole world is against us Muslims' victim card because the media reports on real atrocities that occur in every corner of the globe by your fellow Sunni Muslims every single day

It's hard to take Muslims on here with any degree of any seriousness at all now.. This thread has been fun exploring the ridiculous ends you will go to to make a non point which in the end has been reduced to you giving baseless estimates and protesting victimhood which most have come to find rather tyring, repetitive and predictable now.

With any luck one of the mods will close this thread to save you from making yourself look any more rediculous if that is indeed at all possible now.

out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 8:41am
Christians are not the enemies.

Muslims are not the enemies.

Jews are not the enemies.

The enemy is evil.

What we see today is surely evil vs evil, cloak in religion.

Oh yes, Magister is right. Muslims are the people today getting it left right and center from that same evil. It's expected. We are the only people who are still keeping to the law religiously, something also taught by Prophet Jesus, pbuh.

We Muslims must suck it up. There is nothing much we can do about it. We are the new target, the only target left. The rest have fallen.

:)

In life, be like a traveller. Take only what you need
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 9:49am
As I said it's hard to take Muslims here seriously.

Muslims are getting it left right and centre mostly from other Muslims.

Your holy places shrines and mosques are not being blown up by Christians Buddhists or Jews but by your co-religionists who believe they are following your Allah. That is were the evil you speak of goes about its business in the guise of religion. The rest of us have to put up with listening to deniers like yourself to such realities. The only people who have fallen are those who have died at their hand.

Mad Cat  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Mad Cat Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 9:53am
Traveller, I presume you mean well but…
Originally posted by Traveller

Oh yes, Magister is right.

How are you not embarrassed to defend such obvious nonsense?

Muslims are the people today getting it left right and center from that same evil.

It is Muslims who are giving it left, right and centre. The main reason Muslims are getting it is because other Muslims don’t consider them Muslims.

It's expected. We are the only people who are still keeping to the law religiously, something also taught by Prophet Jesus, pbuh.

Is that the case? Really!!! The reason people are attacking Muslims is because they are the only people who keep to their law religiously?!? That doesn’t make any sense on any level.

We Muslims must suck it up. There is nothing much we can do about it. We are the new target, the only target left. The rest have fallen.

There were a bunch of little girls going to a concert who were a targets not so long ago. Two different sets of bridge walkers in London were targets. A group of people trying to get to work on a tube train were targets. Globally minority groups are constant targets at the hands of Muslim majorities.
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 11:10am
Guys, I said evil, cloak in religion, be it Islam, Christianity or Judaism.

When you both say it's another Muslims that is giving it to the Muslims, you are missing the point. We are getting it from you, the people who see it fit to put the collective blame on us when we know we have nothing to do with it.

Look. This is a new phenomenon. Even the experts are scratching their heads, coming up with so many theories to explain away this madness we are seeing today. And none seems the wiser. The easiest thing for us to do, the three of us, believers in revealed religions, is to go back to the scriptures. Let's use the scriptures to frame this picture we are seeing. You will see that it is evil at work.

Let's not jump on each other. That's what this evil wants.

Doris  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Doris Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 11:49am
Be that as it may, I don't hear of many murderers screaming "Jesus is the greatest! I kill in the name of Jesus and his Father!" as they run down pedestrians in their SUVs.
History Buff
Mad Cat  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Mad Cat Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 12:04pm

Let's use the scriptures to frame this picture we are seeing.

That is the problem. We do go back to your scripture and we see the justification.

You will see that it is evil at work.

Agreed!

The problem of threads like this one is that there is a flat out refusal to accept reality. How can a problem be addressed if you won’t accept the cause?

We are getting it from you,

Who is ‘WE’ and who is ‘YOU’ and what is ‘IT’?

Guys, I said evil, cloak in religion, be it Islam, Christianity or Judaism.

When you both say it's another Muslims that is giving it to the Muslims, you are missing the point.

How can you say we are missing the point when you say this and then follow it up with such a divisive statement? Your point seems somewhat confused. It seems you are saying ‘lets all agree its not any of our faults it is your fault and not ours’.
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Doris

Be that as it may, I don't hear of many murderers screaming "Jesus is the greatest! I kill in the name of Jesus and his Father!" as they run down pedestrians in their SUVs.

That's the new phenomenon today.
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2017 at 12:46pm

That's the new phenomenon today

It's no new phenomenon. It's just modern means such as the internet and mobile phones which make the facilitation of mass murder easier to plan and carry out.

You say 'we' Jews Christians and Muslims must look at our respective scriptures and see were all to blame. This is only perpetuating the Muslim problem for the rest of us. Because as you well know and understand these murderers will tell you themselves prior to using their body as a bomb that they are carrying out the will of their moral exemplar. Your prophet via your Quran and hadith. We see what they see therein whist you ate in denial out of pride. They do not cite Jesus or Moses the NT or the Torah for their actions but the Quran and Muhammed. That's not anyone else's problem but one from the Muslim world. Accept that and be a force for change if you have any decency as a human being instead of carrying on with this charade of 'why us' 'it's not our problem'
Your shrug of responsibility is symptomatic and typical of why more and more people are being killed by the day while you and others point at everyone else but your own immoral pigstye of back yard. Is it really any wonder why people are so adverse to Islam these days ?

<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version