Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Enemies of Allah Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2017 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Traveller

Well, you wanted an example of something the Wahhabi understand that is too literal and there, I've given you one.

If you want to know why we don't send our students to Saudi Arabia universities, it's because their teachings are not suitable for us, a multi-faith and multi-racial society.

This has nothing to do with Makkah or Madinah, our holy sanctuaries.
No, you are evading the issue.

You can't use a minor issue like something he may have said about the supernatural as an argument that we shouldn't believe him that Islam supports the sort of hatred in the original post.

I wish you would elaborate more on what you are saying. You seem to have a refreshingly different view of Islam that is not shared by others in this forum. I'm particularly interested in how you support "multi-faith" in the face of the strong opposition to this in the Qur'an.
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2017 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Non Believer

You can't use a minor issue like something he may have said about the supernatural as an argument that we shouldn't believe him that Islam supports the sort of hatred in the original post.

I wish you would elaborate more on what you are saying. You seem to have a refreshingly different view of Islam that is not shared by others in this forum. I'm particularly interested in how you support "multi-faith" in the face of the strong opposition to this in the Qur'an.

I believe Christians are believers in God. I also include Hindus too but not Buddhists because most Buddhists I see are interested in the self rather than God.

I prefer the religion of Islam, even though Christianity is more fun actually. Hinduism is too surreal for me. But I will not be like Pi and amalgamate them because that would dilute Islam and take away its beauty.

The adherents of puritan teachings like the Wahabbis will find me strange, to say the least.

In life, be like a traveller. Take only what you need
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2017 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Non Believer

Not actually evading but ignoring your OP and the guy you quoted. He is not speaking for me and he will definitely not be allowed to speak in Singapore.

Even the mild Mufti Menk was not allowed to speak in Singapore because he teaches exclusivity. That's how strict our authorities are here.

In life, be like a traveller. Take only what you need
ishammad  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad Replybullet Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:22am
How cheap has become the blood of a Muslim family.

How routinely became the large scale destruction of their areas.

Many Muslims know who is raging these unjust wars and committing these war crimes, and who is participating.

Edited by ishammad - 20 October 2017 at 1:24am
Exalted is your Lord, the Lord of might, above what they describe. And peace upon the messengers. And praise to Allah, Lord of the worlds. 37:180-182
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2017 at 3:31pm
Can you clarify, please, Ishammad?

Are you saying that the quote in the OP is speaking for you?
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version