Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Prophet Muhammad: The Epitome of Mercy: 70 Moments Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
Doris  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Doris Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2017 at 2:18pm
Some of these examples(#26) seem to me to be a tad self serving.
History Buff
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 28 December 2017 at 3:21am
What do you mean?

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2017 at 1:36pm
29. An Attempted Coup

During the campaign of Banu al-Mustaliq, ‘Abdullâh b. Ubayy had sworn, “If we return to Madinah, the honorable among us [referring to himself] will expel the humiliated [referring to the Prophet ﷺ].” [al-Munâfiqoon (63): 8]

News of this reached the Prophet ﷺ, and ‘Umar (ra) said, “O Messenger of Allah, allow me to strike the neck of this hypocrite.” He ﷺ said, “Leave him; the people must not say Muhammad kills his companions.”[61]

In fact, his own son heard this insult and came forward and said, “I have heard that you wish to kill my father due to what has reached you about him [insulting you]. If you are going to do this, then instruct me and I will bring his head to you (for I may not bear seeing my father’s killer).”

He ﷺ said, “Rather, let us be gentle with him, and give him kind companionship for as long as he remains with us.”[62]

https://yaqeeninstitute.org/en/mohammad-elshinawy/how-the-prophet-muhammad-rose-above-enmity-and-insult/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 January 2018 at 3:13am
30. "Let them cool off"

The tribe of Banu Quraydha had reneged on its pact with the Prophet ﷺ by conspiring to bring Quraysh and Ghatafân into Madinah to annihilate every trace of the newly budding Muslim community.

After the invaders laid a month-long siege to Madinah, wherein the Muslims were trapped and starving in their trenches, Allah destined that the confederates suspect one another and lose their zeal to continue the siege.

Despite his fledgling community having just been on the verge of eradication, the Prophet ﷺ did not respond to this betrayal with a desire for vengeance.

After the Muslim army raced up to Banu Quraydha’s dwellings, the Messenger of Allah ﷺ not only let this enemy tribe choose their own ally (Sa‘d b. Mu‘âdh) to determine their penalty, but even said to his Companions upon seeing the captives of Banu Quraydha waiting in the sun,

“Do not compound for them the sun’s heat atop the heat of their armor. Give them shade and drink, so that they may cool off.”[63]

https://yaqeeninstitute.org/en/mohammad-elshinawy/how-the-prophet-muhammad-rose-above-enmity-and-insult/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 January 2018 at 6:41am
31. “Ignore their Insults”

Allah wished to terminate the widespread practice of adopting a child and failing to preserve their lineage.

However, this institution was so ingrained in Arabia’s culture that challenging it would only be accepted from the Prophet ﷺ himself, as only he was infallible and above criticism.

For this reason, Allah instructed His Prophet ﷺ to desist from calling his adopted son, Zayd b. Hâritha (formerly called Zayd b. Muhammad), by other than his true paternal name.

But to unequivocally establish that an adopted child was to maintain their own lineage, Allah then ordered (also in Surat al-Ahzâb) him ﷺ to marry Zayd’s wife once Zayd had divorced her.

Of course, the hypocrites pounced on this opportunity to accuse the Prophet ﷺ of being a licentious man who marries his daughter-in-law, and an imposter who forbade people from marrying their sons’ wives but accepted it for himself.[64]

This was no harmless insult, but yet another attempt to develop a critical mass of Madinans who would overthrow the new head of state.

The Prophet ﷺ did not punish them; rather, he ignored them completely and left the matter to God, just as his Lord had instructed him. “And do not mind the disbelievers and the hypocrites. Ignore their harm and rely upon Allah. And sufficient is Allah as a Disposer of [your] affairs.” [al-Ahzâb (33): 48]

This was a time when the Prophet ﷺ was well established, around four to five years after his migration, and could have easily punished those who insulted him.

But the Quran instructed him to ignore them just as he did in Mecca.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 January 2018 at 6:05am
32. "Do You Not Love That Allah Should Forgive You?"

Mistah was among those who fell into slandering ‘Â’isha (ra).

Following the return from Banu al-Mustaliq, ‘Abdullâh b. Ubayy began spreading rumors that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ’s wife had committed adultery.

After a month-long ordeal of suspicions and tensions in the Muslim community, Allah finally revealed verses in Surat an-Noor exposing the ringleaders behind this lie, but not before some of the believers had begun to believe and circulate this unfounded story. Mistah (ra) was one of those genuine believers who made the mistake of repeating this accusation.

Not only did the Prophet ﷺ ultimately forgive this man who had slandered his wife, but he even admonished Abu Bakr (ra)—her father—for boycotting this man, especially since he was related to Abu Bakr and used to receive charity from him.

‘Â’isha (ra) said, “Abu Bakr swore that he would never spend on Mistah again, but then Allah revealed the verse, ‘Let not those among you who are virtuous and wealthy swear not to give to their kin and those in need. Do you not love that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.’ [an-Noor (24): 22]

On hearing that, Abu Bakr (ra) said, ‘Yes, by Allah, O our Lord! We wish that You should forgive us.’ And Abu Bakr went back to granting Mistah the stipend he used to give him before.”[65]

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 7:02am
33. Raided in Hudaybiya Valley

After the Prophet ﷺ and 1,400 of his Companions arrived donned in their austere ritual garb at the outskirts of Mecca, seeking only to perform ‘umra, news spread in Mecca that the Muslims had come to vanquish them. Anas b. Mâlik (ra) said,

Eighty men swooped down from Mecca upon the Messenger of Allah ﷺ from the mountain of Tan‘eem. They were armed and seeking to attack the Prophet ﷺ and his Companions by surprise.

However, he ﷺ captured them and spared their lives [freeing them without ransom], and about this Allah revealed, ‘And it is He who withheld their hands from you and your hands from them within [the area of] Mecca after He caused you to overcome them.’ [al-Fath (48): 24]

Here, Allah establishes that He conferred two great favors upon the Muslims in this incident.

The first was that they became aware of the attack before it caught them off guard, and the second was that He inspired the Prophet ﷺ to forgive and release the prisoners.[66]

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version