Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: UN Resolution 181 Post Reply Post New Topic
Non Believer  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Atheist(Secular Humanist)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Non Believer Replybullet Topic: UN Resolution 181
    Posted: 20 November 2017 at 12:27pm
As I'm sure everyone here knows, UN Resolution 181 was the resolution that mandated the partitioning of Palestine; passed in 1947 and effective in 1948.

Arabs refused to accept this resolution at the time and continue to refuse to accept this resolution to this day. I wouldn't say that it is the "source" of conflict, since there was already significant conflict in the region before this date.

I have a few questions for the anti-Zionists:
1. What do you think the outcome would have been had the UN resolved to create a single state? What would we see today?
2. What do you think the outcome would have been had the Arabs accepted this resolution and fully supported the goals of the resolution?
3. With the benefit of hindsight, what do you think the "best case scenario" was in 1947?

(4. Why does the administrator shut down discussion of this issue?)
Men do you harm either because they fear you or because they hate you.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Doris  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Doris Replybullet Posted: 20 November 2017 at 4:22pm
I will respond to #2.

I think that with the monetary and other aid given to the Arab people, that area could have flourished. It would today be a prosperous state with all the advantages of 21st century technology.It would be self-sufficient, and since I believe the Israelites would have hunkered down peacefully had they not been under constant attack.There would be no homicide bombing or rock throwing

I believe the desert would have bloomed, and a thriving tourist industry would exist.

I could continue, but the people of that area seem to me to be schizophrenically self-destructive. How many billions have they been given? And what does the world have to show for these monies?
History Buff
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 10 December 2017 at 5:26am
Originally posted by Doris

I will respond to #2.

I could continue, but the people of that area seem to me to be schizophrenically self-destructive. How many billions have they been given? And what does the world have to show for these monies?

Where are the monies?  Look at abass's home, er, ah mansion - in a land of so called poor people. And the other homes, possessions, etc. of hamas and hezbullie leaders and their ilk. Oh, and their private jets, expensive cars, vacations, privately owned businesses .... need I say more?
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version