Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Revert Stories
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Revert Stories
Message Icon Topic: From Judaism to Islam: Safiyyah The Prophet's Wife Post Reply Post New Topic
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Topic: From Judaism to Islam: Safiyyah The Prophet's Wife
    Posted: 21 November 2017 at 1:59am

Safiyyah (May Allah be pleased with her) came from a family that held a significant amount of power.

Her father, Huyayy ibn Akhtab was a leader of one of the largest Jewish tribes living in Madinah.

Safiyyah narrates:

I was my father’s and my uncle’s favorite child.

When the Messenger of Allah came to Madinah and stayed at Quba, my parents went to him at night.

And when they looked disconcerted and worn out, I received them cheerfully but to my surprise no one of them turned to me.

They were so grieved that they did not feel my presence.

I heard my uncle, Abu Yasir, saying to my father, “Is it really him?

He said, “Yes, by Allah”.

My uncle said: “Can you recognize him and confirm this?

He said, “Yes”.

My uncle said, “How do you feel towards him?”

He said, “By Allah I shall be his enemy as long as I live.” 

Safiyyah (May Allah be pleased with her) was shocked by this reaction of her father and uncle after meeting the Messenger of Allah (PBUH).

They confirmed that this man was truly a messenger of God, but instead of following him they decided to fight him.

She later explained that it was due of their sense of superiority because of lineage that they refused to accept an Arab Prophet...

http://aboutislam.net/family-society/husbands-wives/judaism-islam-safiyyah-bint-huyayy/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version