Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Where Does the Bible Agree with the Quran? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2017 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

Jesus, peace be upon him, by God's command lifted some restrictions which Jews were by previous scriptures commanded to follow.Is that correct?

True. As i said no mystery there. Now can/will you answer my question above ? Has there ever been a time in the Bible were revelation given by one prophet has been substituted for other revelation by the same prophet within his lifetime ?

Edited by Damo808 - 21 December 2017 at 5:40pm
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2017 at 5:48pm
The Qur'an is different than the Bible, Damo

It was revealed over a duration of 23 years, not all at once like the Torah for example.

Some rules, like the prohibition of alcohol, were introduced in several phases over a span of 15 years, not all at once.

And that was by God's wisdom.

Had all the rules in the Qur'an been given overnight, the first generation of Muslim would have simply not been able to apply them...

God in the first phase in Makkah, nearly 13 years, focuses on matters of faith and belief, more than anything else.

It is not till the second phase in Madinah, in the last 10 years, that all these rules are finally revealed, and Muslims commanded to follow them.

Get the wisdom?

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

The Qur'an is different than the Bible, DamoIt was revealed over a duration of 23 years, not all at once like the Torah for example.Some rules, like the prohibition of alcohol, were introduced in several phases over a span of 15 years, not all at once.And that was by God's wisdom.Had all the rules in the Qur'an been given overnight, the first generation of Muslim would have simply not been able to apply them...God in the first phase in Makkah, nearly 13 years, focuses on matters of faith and belief, more than anything else.It is not till the second phase in Madinah, in the last 10 years, that all these rules are finally revealed, and Muslims commanded to follow them.Get the wisdom?

Al.. 23 years is a heartbeat. nothing.. its within the lives of but one generation. That's exactly why its unlike the bible and partly why i'm so skeptical. You said yourself God sent prophets throughout the ages to guide people. They appeared set rules loosened others by God's instruction for a given people for a given time to last several generations between appearances. But no-one until Muhammed set rules and then reversed or contradicted those same rules within their prophethood i presume because God truly was working within them that with divine foresight had no need to continually move goalposts so to speak on revelation reversal/supplementation.

Your convinced otherwise. I think we must just agree we see things very differently ..
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2017 at 7:19pm
Torah wasn't written over night either unless you have proof positive otherwise.

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 December 2017 at 4:19am
Originally posted by Damo808

I think we must just agree we see things very differently ..

Yes, we do see things very differently

Wishing you Damo and your family a very Happy Christmas

Have an excellent holiday and wishing you and all friends here a Happy New Year 2018

May it be a blessed year for all

Ameen

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 22 December 2017 at 10:59am
Thankyou for your kind wishes Al. Best wishes to you and your family for 2018. And you Corinna.
The_Rock
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote The_Rock Replybullet Posted: 22 December 2017 at 11:18am
Jesus didn't change any law.

Jesus is the fulfillment of the law.
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 December 2017 at 2:12pm
Wishing you Rock and your family a very Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Corinna Replybullet Posted: 22 December 2017 at 7:40pm
Happy Whatever Holiday you celebrate this time of year.  May this new Gregorian year be prosperous and peace-filled for all of us, my friends.   You  are delightful to discuss history with. 
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 December 2017 at 12:20am
Same to you Corinna

Wishing you and your family an excellent New Year.

May it be a blessed year for all

Ameen

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 4
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version