Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Ramadan Topics
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Ramadan Topics  
Message Icon Topic: Things You Should Know Before Ramadan Post Reply Post New Topic
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Topic: Things You Should Know Before Ramadan
    Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:27am
This video is specially dedicated to new Muslims who will fast Ramadan for the first time.

Danielle LoDuca presents some interesting and useful tips and advice to new Muslims to help make their fasting easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS_Lk33kW2s

(8 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2019 at 7:43am
All You Need to Know About Ramadan

You may have heard about Ramadan as a time during which followers of Islam abstain from food and drink each day from dawn until sunset, but thereís much more to this month than simply not eating or drinking.

Ramadan is the 9th month of the Islamic lunar calendar. Being lunar means that within the span of every 30 years or so, the month of Ramadan falls in each of the four seasons, hence, the just nature of the lunar system.

Just imagine the month arising at the same time every summer or every winter! Which brings us to an interesting question: Itís hard enough to abstain from food and water for a whole day, how do people do it in the summer? Not even water?

Actions that Muslims are commanded to avoid during fasting hours include eating, drinking, smoking, having sexÖ Then they are free vis-a-vis these actions until daybreak of the following day...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/need-know-ramadan/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: Today at 3:25am
8 Tips to Make Your First Ramadan a Ramadan to Remember

The countdown has already begun for Ramadan. Are you overwhelmed? Are you nervous about the countdown to Ramadan? Is this your first time fasting during the Holy Month? How can I get ready?

Fasting means withholding food and drink from sunrise to sunset. That means I wonít have meals during the day, and when Iím thirsty, I wonít drink either Ė up until itís time to break my fast.

Iíll break my fast with dates, because thatís the sunnah Ė dates and plain water. Then Iíll have a meal. Hmm, should I cook? Should I buy out?

Should I go to the mosque? What about Taraweeh (night prayers)? Maybe I should go to the mosque, which means, I should get a copy of the Quran thatís just the right size. Maybe one that can fit into my bag. Gee, will I be tired by the end of the day? Especially when Iím working the whole day...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/8-tips-to-make-your-first-ramadan-a-ramadan-to-remember/

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version