Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Revert Stories
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Revert Stories
Message Icon Topic: Stories of Converts in Ramadan Post Reply Post New Topic
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Topic: Stories of Converts in Ramadan
    Posted: 03 June 2018 at 7:07am

A light from the next room only illuminated enough to see the shape of the prayer rug under my feet.

My long, flowing hijab swayed with the fan above, allowing the cool air to flow around me.

My heart was full of love for my creator and my sisters who have lined up to pray next to me.

My body melted away and my mind forgot its troubles. There was only my prayer.

It was Ramadan and the time for reward was slipping away quickly. My cohorts and I decided to seize the opportunity. We set up in the mosque to pray through the night in the last ten days of Ramadan.

In the small hours of the morning, we alternately snacked lightly in preparation for the next day’s fast; told stories of former Ramadans; and stood together and prayed for forgiveness, for guidance, for our suffering brothers and sisters around the world, and for goodness in this life and the hereafter.

After a long day of working, fasting for 12+ hours, and cooking for the breaking of fast, standing all night in prayer might have seemed like a burden. But it was the sweetest and most dear time in my life.

My friends and I decided to grasp at the opportunity given to us and compete in good deeds in the most amazing month of the year...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/stories-of-converts-in-ramadan/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version