Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: 10 Great Lessons We Learn From Jesus Post Reply Post New Topic
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Topic: 10 Great Lessons We Learn From Jesus
    Posted: 25 December 2018 at 3:24am

When the people shamed Mary (peace be upon her) for having a child outside of marriage (they did not know that it was miraculous), Allah gave Jesus (peace be upon him) a miracle and he spoke from the cradle.

I am a slave of God. He has granted me the Scripture; made me a prophet; made me blessed wherever I may be. He commanded me to pray, to give alms as long as I live, to cherish my mother. He did not make me domineering or graceless. Peace was on me the day I was born, and will be on me the day I die and the day I am raised to life again. Such was Jesus, son of Mary. (Quran 19:30-34)

1- Slavery is the Greatest Honor

Due to the way human history has gone, the word slavery has very negative connotations and rightly so. Islam came to take people from being slaves to other people to be enslaved to Allah. And the greatest honor for any human being is to willingly enslave oneself to Allah.

Allah is the Master, He decides and we hear and obey. That is the contract, and Allah is the Most Merciful of those who show mercy. He is the One who gives and gives and asks for very little from His slaves. The Prophets were honored because they were the best in their slavery to Allah. And that is our most important identity- we are slaves of Allah

2- Scripture and Prophethood Lead to Blessing

Jesus mentions that he has been given the Scripture and that he has been made a Prophet and that he is blessed wherever he is. This is an indication to us that the closer we are to the scripture that Allah has sent (the Quran) and to the ways of our prophets we are, the more blessed we shall be wherever we are...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/10-great-lessons-we-learn-from-jesus/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version