Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Pope Francis Visists the United Arab Emirates Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2019 at 4:20am
Originally posted by Damo808

So you beleive that Allah brought about by His Divine wisdom Buddhism and saw that it was good and non concequencial to the soul in the hereafter ?

No, of course not.

But if someone is convinced that Buddhism is the truth, it's this person's right to follow that path.

As a Muslim I disagree with that belief, but respect his free choice.

Where do you see a problem?

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2019 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Win-Win

No, of course not.

But if someone is convinced that Buddhism is the truth, it's this person's right to follow that path.

As a Muslim I disagree with that belief, but respect his free choice.

Where do you see a problem?

The above I don't have a problem with either because that falls under God's 'permissive' will, in that He doesn't 'Paternally' will men into Buddhism but permits men to choose their religion and establishment of it in accordance with freewill. . God does not instigate plurality and diversity in religion however, but said statement within the document many conservative Catholics say it clearly infers just that.

Its states plurality and diversity of religion Islam, Christianity Judaism, as well as....Buddhism, Sikhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Shintoism etc etc etc were "willed by God in His wisdom" Not simply permitted, but indeed willed. The statement does NOT go on to qualify that it was by permitted will, but via His Divine Wisdom.

Thats what i have a problem with because its a direct but sleight of hand contradiction of the 1st Commandment

Remember this is same Pope who reportedly stated to a respected journalist that hell doesn't exist. To which the Vatican had to retract.

Edited by Damo808 - 22 February 2019 at 12:52pm
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version