Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: THE VEIL Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 10 Next >>
Aliya  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Aliya Replybullet Topic: THE VEIL
    Posted: 07 October 2005 at 10:38am

As-salam Alaikum Brothers and sisters,

I have not been on this site for quite some while now due to my busy life and practising of islam.

I just want to let you all know that since February 2005 Marsh-Allah I have been wearing the hijab and Veil this was this biggest and best decision I have made in my life Alhumdulillah.

I was born christian and converted to islam 5 years ago since then I have been learning about islam and when I first became a muslim I said I would never wear hijab/veil not understanding the meaning of wearing it I hate to say I criticised it (what a mistake).

As my faith and knowledge has grown stronger I decided that women wearing veil must feel something putting in it on so I decided to read up on it.

I only had to read the following to change my mind:

"O Nabi! say to your wives, your daughters and to the women of the Mu'mineen that they draw over their jilbaabs (outer cloaks or burqahs). that (i.e covering themselves with jilbaabs) is the least (minumum requirment which they should adopt) so that they be reconized and not molested (by shameless people of loose morals)    -surah Ahzaab, aayat 33

I now feel that since wearing the veil I have my own space and freedom before men would look and stare ,look in a way that I knew was wrong by wearing veil I feel I am telling them leave me alone this is my space this is my freedom in this world I do not to want to be strared and looked at except by my husband.

My parents both follow christian religions and when they asked me why I wanted to do such a thing I say like I say to all the other people (I did it to please Allah )SWT

Also I have stopped wearing perfume Allah SWT is more pleased of your natural smell than he is for you to wear perfume and attract male attention.

For anybody who is thinking of wearing veil Insha-Allah pray to Allah SWT who insha-Allah will answer your prayers, and when questioned you only need one answer YOU ARE WEARING IT TO PLEASE ALLAH.

Wa-Salam sister Aliya

Rahmadan Mubarak

Edited by Aliya
Why worship gods creations and not the creator himself!

O Nabi! Tell your wives, your daughters and the women of the believers to draw over them their Jilbaabs. (33.59)
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
UmmSabr  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote UmmSabr Replybullet Posted: 07 October 2005 at 10:57am
Wa Alaikum Assalaam Warahmatulahi Wabarakatuhu,

Masha Allah ya ukhtee,

May Allah reward you ameen. I am very happy for you and that you are happy with your decision. I also made that decision, believe me it was not easy but alhamdulillah I am also happy. My mother has a very hard time when she sees me put it on, but I do not wear it around her because she is older and I don't want to upset her. Allah knows my intention. Where my Mom lives there are many elderly people so whenever we go to visit we just push it back in the car before we enter the building so not to scare them.

Its sad that people are afraid and they are because of the media and all the rubbish that is said about us, but alhamdulillah we have been able to give dawah to the ones that question us and even my Mom talks to them about Islam may Allah guide her and all of them ameen.

I wear my veil to please Allah that is it, and He Will be the One to Judge me on the day of judgment so it dosnt matter what anyone else thinks. On that day each and every one of us will be standing "Alone" before Allah and not a single person can help the other.
And Allah Knows Best.

Keep making dua for your parents sis, never stop. Baraka Allahu Feeki ameen

Your sister in deen
UmmSabr

Edited by UmmSabr

Ibnul Qayyim (rahimahullaah) said, "Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit
M.A.R.W.A.N
Mureed
Mureed
Dragon rescuer, Virgin slayer.
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 134
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote M.A.R.W.A.N Replybullet Posted: 07 October 2005 at 11:00am

That was beautiful Aliya.

Sincerity makes pleasing Allah easier.

Edited by M.A.R.W.A.N
Naadir Muhammed  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Naadir Muhammed Replybullet Posted: 07 October 2005 at 11:58am
In the name of ALLAH

Wa alaikum as salaam,

That was a inspiring post sister. May ALLAH (subanahu wa t'ala) continue to make things light for us and may he keep us all on the straight path. Ameen.

There is only one death, so let it be in the path of Allah"

Shaykh 'Abdullah 'Azzam (RH)
islamneeded  
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote islamneeded Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2005 at 3:20am

Salam Sister,

I am so happy to hear that another sister has chosen to wear the Hijab, as i do and i was one to say i would never wear it as well, but we should never say never because Allah knows everything and we know nothing.

My family also are Christians and asked me the same question and i replied because the qur'an tell me to and i want to make Allah happy.

All things i do is for Allah and Allah alone.

I can't tell you how happy you have made today knowing that another sister has taken another step in nowing and embracing islam more.

Your sister in Islam,

Carla(aishia)

jamaicangirl  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamaicangirl Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2005 at 6:26pm
that story was beautiful,may allah continue to strenghen your iman.
oh you who believe fear allah the fear that is most deserving of you and do not die except in a state of al islam.AL QURAN,SURAH IMRAN:102
parparossa3  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote parparossa3 Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2005 at 6:43pm

My dearest sister Aliya,

The faith words and deeds,you have made well done.please try to spread  true   light  of Islam to others.I real proud of you.

candle
poeticharmony  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote poeticharmony Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2005 at 8:59pm
I have not converted yet.  If I'm not mistaken the hajib is supposed to cover your ears.  What if you have a job where you talk on the phone?  Should you wear it not covering your ears?
God has the final word and is the only judge.
islamneeded  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote islamneeded Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:14pm

salam,

yes the hijab is mean to cover the ears and i wear the hijab and i talk on the phone and have no proble hear the other person and i have even used the hands free for mobile phone, up under my hijab.

It should be a problem wearing the hijab and using the phone.

Hope this helped.

Carla(Aishia)

samina  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote samina Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:47pm
Covering face
while goin for work
while goin to school
or when going for a party (wedding birthday party not going to disco or pubs)
lets imagine a

a girl in veil coming home from work walkin on a foot path coz the poor girl doesnt has a car and has to work she has no choice and the climate is very hot summer 50 degree (in gulf countries temperatures do go on that limit )
has difficult problems in breathing
black cloth has made situation worse
NOW THIS HAS HAPPENED IT IS TRUE tell what you think the girl should have done this what she did
she removed her veil n was able to breathe a little better n felt more comfortable she tells if she wouldnt have removed her veil she might have fainted
so all brothers and sisters please tell how far is veil compulsary in islam
tell me a verse in quran where ALLAH ALLMIGHTY tells women to cover their face and go out i know one thing ALLAH doesnt wants to make the religion difficult for us IT IS WE WHO HAVE MADE IT
samina  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote samina Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:50pm
Covering face
while goin for work
while goin to school
or when going for a party (wedding birthday party not going to disco or pubs)
lets imagine a

a girl in veil coming home from work walkin on a foot path coz the poor girl doesnt has a car and has to work she has no choice and the climate is very hot summer 50 degree (in gulf countries temperatures do go on that limit )
has difficult problems in breathing
NOW THIS HAS HAPPENED IT IS TRUE tell what you think the girl should have done this what she did
she removed her veil n was able to breathe a little better n felt more comfortable she tells if she wouldnt have removed her veil she might have fainted
so all brothers and sisters please tell how far is veil compulsary in islam
tell me abt a verse in quran where ALLAH ALLMIGHTY tells women to cover their face when they go out

Aliya  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Aliya Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2005 at 6:35am

As I wear the veil myself she could of just lifted up off her mouth to get a breath of fresh air or if she knew the weather was going to be warm she could have druken some water to cool herself down.

Sister Aliya

Islamaholic
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Islamaholic Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2005 at 9:27am

Salam sister...whose telling her that she MUST wear black? Islam allows any colour.  If I was in a Muslim country and considering the warm climate I would most surely wear coloured...

Midoria  
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Midoria Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2005 at 9:44am

Salaam

Even though I wore all black and niqab in the middle east in July, and I didn't feel a difference when I wore all black and when I wore colors. The only place niqab was annoying was mid-day in places that were more humid than the rest of the country. But eventually you just get used to it.

Midoria

Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version