Print Page | Close Window

Qur’an Verse/Excerpt of the Day

Printed From:
Category: Archive
Forum Name: Archive
Forum Discription: An archived forum for old and inactive posts, this forum is READ ONLY!
URL: /forum_posts.asp?TID=1104
Printed Date: 26 March 2019 at 7:16pm

Topic: Qur’an Verse/Excerpt of the Day
Posted By: Br_Saad
Subject: Qur’an Verse/Excerpt of the Day
Date Posted: 06 October 2004 at 8:49pm

Asalaamualaikum,

I am creating this sticky topic so we, Muslims and non-Muslims, can get exposure to the Quran everyday and to also ask questions if anyone does not understand the verse or excerpt.  I will try to post a verse or excerpt everyday, and you are all welcome to do this also, for this is our attempt to get reward from Allah (swt).  Here is todays (10/6/04):

"And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, leave it. And fear Allah: truly Allah is severe in punishment."  (Al-Quran 59:7) 

-------------
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60

Replies:
Posted By: PersianPoet
Date Posted: 06 October 2004 at 9:17pm

AA

Very nice selection .

Posted By: walter
Date Posted: 06 October 2004 at 11:19pm

The Koran

The People

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

[114.1] Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of men,
[114.2] The King of men,
[114.3] The God of men,
[114.4] From the evil of the whisperings of the slinking (Shaitan),
[114.5] Who whispers into the hearts of men,
[114.6] From among the jinn and the men.

-------------
walter

Date Posted: 07 October 2004 at 10:40pm

Chapter 40 (Al-Ghafir or The Forgiver [God]),  Verses 1-4

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

Verse 1:  Ha Mim

Verse 2:  The revelation of this Book is from Allah, Exalted in Power, Full of Knowledge,-

Verse 3:  Who forgiveth sin, accepteth repentance, is strict in punishment, and hath a long reach (in all things). there is no god but He: to Him is the final goal. 

Verse 4:  None can dispute about the Signs of Allah but the Unbelievers. Let not, then, their strutting about through the land deceive thee!

-------------
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60

Date Posted: 07 October 2004 at 10:55pm
Only those are the believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allah. Those! They are the truthful. [Surah al-Hujurat (49):15]

-------------
walter

Date Posted: 08 October 2004 at 5:58pm

Chapter 9:  Surah Al-Tauba

Verse 20:  Those who believe, and suffer exile and strive with might and main, in Allah's cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah: they are the people who will achieve (salvation).

Verse 21:  Their Lord doth give them glad tidings of a Mercy from Himself, of His good pleasure, and of gardens for them, wherein are delights that endure:

Verse 22  They will dwell therein for ever. Verily in Allah's presence is a reward, the greatest (of all).

-------------

Date Posted: 08 October 2004 at 11:15pm

The Koran

The Opening

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

[1.1] All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
[1.2] The Beneficent, the Merciful.
[1.3] Master of the Day of Judgment.
[1.4] Thee do we serve and Thee do we beseech for help.
[1.5] Keep us on the right path.
[1.6] The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.

-------------
walter

Date Posted: 11 October 2004 at 2:49pm

Surah 15. Al-hijr

75. Behold! in this are Signs for those who by tokens do understand.

76. And the (cities were) right on the high-road.

49. Tell My servants that I am indeed the Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;

50. And that My Penalty will be indeed the most grievous Penalty.

Date Posted: 11 October 2004 at 5:48pm

Asalaamualaikum,

Sorry about not posting during the weekend, I was quite busy and I did not find time to post the verse/excerpt, but here is todays:

Chap 29 (Surah Al-Ankaboot, "The Spider") Verses 2 and 3

Verse 2:  Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested? 

Verse 3:  We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 October 2004 at 6:17pm

Chapter 5, Surah Al-Maeda (The Table Spread), Verse 3

Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2004 at 8:03am

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 3

Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is firmly established on the throne (of authority), regulating and governing all things. No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His leave (hath been obtained). This is Allah your Lord; Him therefore serve ye: will ye not receive admonition?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2004 at 8:52am

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 4

To Him will be your return- of all of you. The promise of Allah is true and sure. It is He Who beginneth the process of creation, and repeateth it, that He may reward with justice those who believe and work righteousness; but those who reject Him will have draughts of boiling fluids, and a penalty grievous, because they did reject Him.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2004 at 2:38pm

Surah 15 - Al-Hijr

[48] There no sense of fatigue shall touch them, nor shall they (ever) be asked to leave.

[49] Tell My servants that I am indeed the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,

[50] And that My Penalty will be indeed the most grievous Penalty.

[51] Tell them about the guests of Ibrahim.

[52] When they entered his presence and said, "Peace!" He said, "We feel afraid of you!"

[53] They said: "Fear not! We give thee glad tidings of a son endowed with wisdom."

[54] He said: "Do you give me glad tidings that old age has seized me? Of what then, is your good news?"

[55] They said: "We give thee glad tidings in truth: be not then in despair!"

Posted By: Zahrah
Date Posted: 16 October 2004 at 8:37pm
Fussilat Ayah 34

The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.   [Noble Translation]

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 16 October 2004 at 8:45pm

Ash-Shura Ayah 53

The Path of Allah, to Whom belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. Verily, all the matters at the end go to Allah (for decision).   [Noble Translation]

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 17 October 2004 at 12:03am

Salaam alaykum, Zahrah.

Thank you for posting Fussilat Ayah 34, recently I became very angry at some brothers I felt treated me badly.  Now I see the wisdom in these words and will try to put that wisdom into practice.  Pride is such a difficult thing to overcome.

-------------
walter

Date Posted: 17 October 2004 at 8:48am

Walaykumsalam Br. Walter,

You are more then welocme. SubhanAllah, the answer for everything is in Islam. What a comfort.

We all need reminders every now and again, myself included, and this Ayat just stood out for me.

Alhamdulillah Ramadan is here, so many blessings, and so many chances to improve ourselves. I have issues myself that I have to work very hard to overcome this Ramadan inshaAllah.

I ask Allah to make every single aspect of your life be for Him SWT and to accept your fast during this blessed month ameen.

In my dua inshaAllah.

Your Sister in Deen, Zahrah.

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 17 October 2004 at 1:54pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 5

It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did Allah create this but in truth and righteousness. (Thus) doth He explain His Signs in detail, for those who understand.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 October 2004 at 7:32pm

Allah [may He be Glorified] said: "The believers, men and women, are Auliyâ' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another; they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'rűf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islâm has forbidden); they perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and give the Zakât, and obey Allâh and His Messenger. Allâh will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise ."(9:71)

Commentary:

This verse includes some characteristics of the believing men and women:

1. They are interrelated to each other by virtue of the links of religion, love, friendship, affiliation and support.

2. They enjoin what is "good", the term which includes all meritorious acts with regard to sound beliefs, good deeds and noble characters. They apply these qualities to themselves before applying them to any other person.

3. They forbid evil which is anything contrary to goodness, such as false beliefs, bad deeds and detestable manners.

4. They establish prayer in humiliation, fulfilling its pillars, conditions, recommendations and ethics.

5. They pay the Zakah of their properties with full contentment and satisfaction.

6. They always stick to the obedience of Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him).

The verse then explains that such people will have the mercy of Allah, i.e. He will admit them into His comprehensive Mercy and Kindness.

It also added that Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise and that, even though He has the ability to do everything, He is Wise in conducting such things putting everything in its proper scale.

See Tafsir Ibn Sa'di, p.303 (Al-Luwaihiq Edition).

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 18 October 2004 at 8:38pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 6

Verily, in the alternation of the night and the day, and in all that Allah hath created, in the heavens and the earth, are signs for those who fear Him.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 October 2004 at 8:06pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 7 and 8 

Verse 7:  Those who rest not their hope on their meeting with Us, but are pleased and satisfied with the life of the present, and those who heed not Our Signs,-

Verse 8: Their abode is the Fire, because of the (evil) they earned.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 October 2004 at 9:16am
"Truly Allah leaves to stray whom He wills; but He guides to Himself those who turn to Him in penitence. Those who believe and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.” 13: 27-28 The Holy Qur’an

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 20 October 2004 at 9:17am

“Those who remember Allah while standing, sitting, and lying on their sides, and meditate on the creation of the heavens and the earth. Then cry out:" Our Rabb! You have not created this in vain. Glory to You! Save us from the punishment of Fire.” 3:191 The Holy Qur’an

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 21 October 2004 at 7:04pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 9 and 10 

Verse 9:  Those who believe, and work righteousness,- their Lord will guide them because of their faith: beneath them will flow rivers in gardens of bliss.

Verse 10:  (This will be) their cry therein: "Glory to Thee, O Allah!" And "Peace" will be their greeting therein! and the close of their cry will be: "Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds!"

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:52pm

Ayat ul-Kursi - Surah 2:Ayat 255.

"Allah! There is no god but He,
Al-Hayy (the Ever-living), Al-Qayyum (the Self-subsisting, Eternal).
No slumber can seize Him nor sleep.
His are all things in the heavens and on earth.
Who is there that can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth?
He knoweth what appeareth to His creatures as before or after or behind them.
Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth.
His Kursi doth extend over the heavens and the earth,
and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them.
He is Aliyy (the Most High), Al-Adhiim (the Supreme in glory)."

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:31pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 11

If Allah were to hasten for men the ill (they have earned) as they would fain hasten on the good,- then would their respite be settled at once. But We leave those who rest not their hope on their meeting with Us, in their trespasses, wandering in distraction to and fro.

-------------

Posted By: sonrisa78
Date Posted: 23 October 2004 at 7:03am

And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way > Al Quran surah 2 ayah 186

-------------

http://www.pimp-my-profile.com/ -

Date Posted: 24 October 2004 at 6:46pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 12

When trouble toucheth a man, He crieth unto Us (in all postures)- lying down on his side, or sitting, or standing. But when We have solved his trouble, he passeth on his way as if he had never cried to Us for a trouble that touched him! thus do the deeds of transgressors seem fair in their eyes!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 October 2004 at 10:36pm
"Whoever does righteous deeds - whether man or woman - and has faith, We shall surely grant him a new life, a life that is good. And We will certainly reward such people according to the noblest of their deeds."

The Holy Quran, 16:97

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2004 at 1:18pm
[Believing men and believing women are the protecting friends of each other: they enjoin right and they forbid wrong.] Qur`an 9/71.

-------------
walter

Date Posted: 27 October 2004 at 9:15pm

"Do they not then consider the Qur'an carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradiction and error."
[Qur'an, An-Nisa 4:82]

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 27 October 2004 at 9:17pm

SURAH AN-NASR

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
Idha ja a nasr Ullahi wa-l-fathu
Wa ra'ait an-nasa yadkhuluna fi din-Illahi afwaja
Fa-sabbih bi-hamdi Rabbi-ka wa-staghfir-hu
Inna-hu kana tawwaba

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
When Allah's succour and the triumph cometh
And thou seest mankind entering the religion of Allah in troops,
Then hymn the praises of thy Lord, and seek forgiveness of Him. Lo! He is ever ready to show mercy.

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 28 October 2004 at 10:16pm

chapter 10 Surah Yunus (Jonah) Verse 13

Generations before you We destroyed when they did wrong: their messengers came to them with clear-signs, but they would not believe! thus do We requite those who sin!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 October 2004 at 8:00pm

Chapter 33:  Al-Ahzab (THE CLANS, THE COALITION,THE COMBINED FORCES), Verse 59 

O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 

-------------

Date Posted: 30 October 2004 at 9:03pm

And the dwellers of the Fire will call to the dwellers of Paradise: "Pour on us some water or anything that Allah has provided you with." They will say: "Both (water and provision) Allah has forbidden to the disbelievers." [7:50]

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 01 November 2004 at 6:57pm
"Beautified for men is the love of things they covet; women, children, much of gold and silver (wealth), branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world's life; but Allah has the excellent return with Him." (3:14)

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Posted By: bless_sins
Date Posted: 10 November 2004 at 10:59pm

Read! And your Lord is Most Gracious

Who has taught by the pen.

[Alaq: 3-4]

One of the first favours of Allah on man was that of knowledge.

-------------
"O ye assembly of Jinns and men! If it be ye can pass beyond the zones of heavens and earth, pass ye! Not without authority shall ye able to pass!" [Most Gracious:33]

Date Posted: 18 November 2004 at 10:28am
"Let there arise from among you a band of people inviting to all that is
good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong. They are the
ones who will be successful."

The Holy Quran, 3:104

-------------

Date Posted: 19 November 2004 at 8:02pm
“And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the
variations in your languages and your colors. Verily these are Signs for
those who know.”

The Holy Quran, 30:22

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2004 at 7:38pm
Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, but grant us mercy from Thine own Presence; for Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure. al-Qur'an 3:8

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2004 at 8:24pm

Surah 23 (Al-Muminoon), verse 14

Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 November 2004 at 12:32am
"(The righteous) feed the poor, the orphan and the captive for the love of
God, saying: "We feed you for the sake of God alone. We seek from you
neither reward nor thanks."

The Holy Quran, 76:8-9

-------------

Date Posted: 25 November 2004 at 3:09pm
"So eat of the good and lawful things that God has provided for you, and be
grateful to God for His favors."

The Holy Quran, 16:114

-------------

Date Posted: 26 November 2004 at 10:21pm

Chapter 2 (Surah Al-Baqara), Verse 28

How can ye reject the faith in Allah?- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 November 2004 at 11:18am

Chapter 2 (Surah al-Baqara), Verse 29

It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth; Moreover His design comprehended the heavens, for He gave order and perfection to the seven firmaments; and of all things He hath perfect knowledge.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2004 at 6:59pm
“O believers! When the call for prayer is made on Friday (the day of
congregational prayers), hasten to the remembrance of God and cease your
business. That is better for you if you but knew.

“When you finish the prayer, then disperse through the land and seek the
bounty of God (go back to your normal business). Remember God frequently,
so that you may prosper.”

The Holy Quran, 62: 9-10

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2004 at 11:58am
"God does not do injustice to mankind in any way: It is man that wrongs his
own soul."

The Holy Quran, 10:44

-------------

Date Posted: 03 December 2004 at 8:15pm
"The blameworthy are those who oppress their fellow men and conduct
themselves with wickedness and injustice in the land...Those who endure
with fortitude and forgive others surely exhibit courage in conducting
their affairs."

The Holy Quran, 42:42-43

-------------

Date Posted: 05 December 2004 at 4:29pm
"Alluring unto man is the enjoyment of worldly desires through women, children, heaped-up treasures of gold and silver, horses of high mark, cattle, and lands. All this may be enjoyed in the life of this world - but the best of all goals is with God."

The Holy Quran, 3:14

-------------

Date Posted: 06 December 2004 at 2:54am

[64:5] Has there not come to you the story of those who disbelieved before, then tasted the evil result of their conduct, and they had a painful punishment?

[64:6] That is because there came to them their apostles with clear arguments, but they said: Shall mortals guide us? So they disbelieved and turned back, and Allah does not stand in need (of anything), and Allah is Self-sufficient, Praised.

[64:7] Those who disbelieve think that they shall never be raised. Say: Aye! by my Lord! you shall most certainly be raised, then you shall most certainly be informed of what you did; and that is easy to Allah.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 December 2004 at 6:58pm
"Have you seen the one who denies the Judgment (to come)? Behold, it is the
(kind of person) who repulses the orphan (with harshness) and does not
encourage the feeding of the indigent. So woe to worshippers who are
neglectful of their prayers, those who make a show of piety but refuse (to
supply even) neighborly needs."

The Holy Quran, Chapter 107

-------------

Date Posted: 07 December 2004 at 10:31pm
"By (the token of) time (through the ages). Verily, mankind is in loss,
except those who have faith and do righteous deeds and (join together) in
the mutual teaching of truth, patience and constancy."

The Holy Quran, Chapter 103

-------------

Date Posted: 08 December 2004 at 11:06pm
"(On the Day of Judgment) all mankind will issue forth in scattered groups
to be shown their (past) deeds. Then whoever has done an atom's weight of
good shall see it, and whoever has done an atom's weight of evil shall
(also) see it."

The Holy Quran, 99:6-8

-------------

Date Posted: 10 December 2004 at 8:12pm
"Those who have faith and do righteous deeds, they are the best of
creatures."

The Holy Quran, 98:7

-------------

Date Posted: 12 December 2004 at 7:14pm

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is Allah's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!"  Al-Quran 39:10

-------------

Date Posted: 13 December 2004 at 9:23pm
"Verily, with every hardship there is relief. Therefore, when you are freed (from your immediate task), remain steadfast. And turn all your attention toward your Lord."

The Holy Quran, 94:6-8

-------------

Date Posted: 14 December 2004 at 8:01pm
"Pray to Him with fear and hope. Surely God's mercy is always close to
those who do good to others."

The Holy Quran, 7:56

-------------

Date Posted: 15 December 2004 at 9:31pm
"Cooperate with one another in righteousness and piety, and do not cooperate in sin and transgression."

The Holy Quran, 5:2

-------------

Date Posted: 16 December 2004 at 1:58am
 2:271
If ye disclose (acts of) charity, even so it is well, but if ye conceal them, and make them reach those (really) in need, that is best for you: It will remove from you some of your (stains of) evil. And Allah is well acquainted with what ye do.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 December 2004 at 8:18pm
"We have ordained a law and a way of life for each of you. If God wanted, He could have made all of you a single nation. But He willed otherwise in order to test you in what He has given you. Therefore try to excel one another in good works."

The Holy Quran, 5:48

-------------

Date Posted: 18 December 2004 at 9:50pm
"You prefer the life of this world; while the Hereafter is better and more anduring. Surely the same was said in the earlier scriptures; the scriptures of Abraham and Moses."

The Holy Quran, 87:16-19

-------------

Date Posted: 20 December 2004 at 6:49pm

Surah Al-Fatiha (The Opening)

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Verse 1:  Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;

Verse 2:  Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

Verse 3:  Master of the Day of Judgment.

Verse 4:  Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Verse 5:  Show us the straight way,

Verse 6:  The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 December 2004 at 2:38pm
9.24] Say: If your fathers and your sons and your brethren and your mates and your kinsfolk and property which you have acquired, and the slackness of trade which you fear and dwellings which you like, are dearer to you than Allah and His Apostle and striving in His way, then wait till Allah brings about His command: and Allah does not guide the transgressing people.

-------------
walter

Date Posted: 21 December 2004 at 11:08pm
"If every person that has done injustice possessed all that the earth
contains, they would be willing to offer it all in ransom to redeem
themselves (on Judgment Day) if they could."

The Holy Quran, 10:54

-------------

Date Posted: 25 December 2004 at 8:23pm
"Have you seen the one who denies the Day of Judgment? It is he who drives
away the orphan with harshness and does not encourage feeding the needy.

The Holy Quran, 107:1-3

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2004 at 6:57pm
"And most certainly shall We try you by means of danger, and hunger, and
loss of worldly goods, of lives and of [labor's] fruits. But give glad
tidings unto those who are patient in adversity - who, when calamity
befalls them, say, 'Verily, unto God do we belong and, verily, unto Him we
shall return.' It is they upon whom their Sustainer's blessings and grace
are bestowed."

The Holy Quran, 2:155-157

-------------

Date Posted: 28 December 2004 at 9:45pm
Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
Qur'an 94:5-6

-------------
walter

Date Posted: 30 December 2004 at 11:40pm

"And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, leave it. And fear Allah: truly Allah is severe in punishment."  (Al-Quran 59:7) 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2005 at 9:58pm
"Every human being is bound to taste death. We test you (all) through the bad and the good (things of life) by way of trial. And unto Us you all must return."

The Holy Quran, 21:35

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2005 at 11:13pm

Chapter 108, Surah Al-Kauther (Abundance, Plenty)

Verse 1:  To thee have We granted the Fount (of Abundance). 

Verse 2:  Therefore to thy Lord turn in Prayer and Sacrifice. 

Verse 3:  For he who hateth thee, he will be cut off (from Future Hope).

-------------

Date Posted: 04 January 2005 at 6:02pm
"God puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. After a
difficulty, God will soon grant relief."

The Holy Quran, 65:7

-------------

Date Posted: 08 January 2005 at 12:01pm
"Art thou not aware how God sets forth the parable of a good word? [It is] like a good tree, firmly rooted, [reaching out] with its branches towards the sky, yielding its fruit at all times by its Sustainer's leave. And [thus it is that] God propounds parables unto men, in order that they may receive admonition."

The Holy Quran, 14:24-25

-------------

Date Posted: 09 January 2005 at 7:55pm
When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.  

Al-Quran 2:186

-------------

Posted By: SelsiuS
Date Posted: 10 January 2005 at 12:12pm

"And the Geek shall inherit the Earth."

-Linux v2.0

Joke!

Date Posted: 12 January 2005 at 9:03am
"And proclaim the Hajj to mankind. They will come to thee on foot and
(mounted) on every kind of camel lean on account of journeys through deep
and distant mountain highways."

The Holy Quran, 22:27

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2005 at 5:42pm
"Have you seen the one who denies the Day of Judgment? It is he who drives
away the orphan with harshness and does not encourage the feeding of the
poor."

The Holy Quran, 107:1-3

-------------

Date Posted: 15 January 2005 at 12:05pm
"Whoever undertakes the Hajj must abstain from lewd speech, from all wicked conduct and from quarrelling. Whatever good you may do, God is aware of it. And take provisions (with you) for the journey, but (remember that) piety is the best of provisions."

The Holy Quran, 2:197

-------------

Date Posted: 17 January 2005 at 5:50pm

Chapter 96 (Surah Al-Alaq [The Clot, Read]), Verses 1-5

Verse 1:  Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-

Verse 2:  Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:

Verse 3:  Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-

Verse 4:  He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-

Verse 5:  Taught man that which he knew not.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 January 2005 at 7:03am
"Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth stands out clear from error. Whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold that never breaks."

The Holy Quran, 2:256

-------------

Date Posted: 20 January 2005 at 9:36pm
"There are some who say: 'Our Lord! Give us abundance in this world.' Such people will not have any share in the hereafter. But there are others who say: 'Our Lord! Give us the good life, both in this world and in the Hereafter and save us from the torment of the fire.' Such people shall have their due share in both worlds according to what they have earned."

The Holy Quran, 2:200-202

-------------

Date Posted: 21 January 2005 at 7:04pm
"For every nation We prescribed a way of sacrifice so that they may pronounce the name of God over the animals that He has given them for food. But the object is one and the same: to remember that your God is one God. So submit yourselves to Him, and O Prophet (Muhammad), give good news to the humble, whose hearts tremble at the mention of God, who endure adversity with patience, who establish prayer and spend in charity out of what we have given them…

"It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches God; it is your piety that reaches Him. Thus, He has subjected these animals to you so that you may glorify God for giving you guidance, and O Prophet, give good news to those who do good to others."

The Holy Quran, 22:34-35, 37

-------------

Date Posted: 24 January 2005 at 10:39am
"Remember Me, and I will remember you."

The Holy Quran, 2:152

-------------

Date Posted: 25 January 2005 at 6:57pm
"God's help is (always) near."

The Holy Quran, 2:214

-------------

Date Posted: 26 January 2005 at 7:11pm
Surah Al-Baqara (chapter 2) verse 286:

"Our Lord! do not condemn us if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! do not lay on us a burden like that which You laid on those before us; our Lord!  do not lay on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear.  Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness.  Have mercy on us.  You are our Protector; help us against those who stand against faith."

-------------

Date Posted: 31 January 2005 at 10:12am
"Say (O Muhammad): 'O mankind! The truth has come to you from your Lord. Those who receive guidance do so for the good of their own souls. Those who stray do so to their own loss. For I am not a custodian over you.'"

The Holy Quran, 10:108

-------------

Date Posted: 02 February 2005 at 10:38am
"We send messengers only to give good news and to warn. So all who believe and live righteously shall have nothing to fear or to regret."

The Holy Quran, 6:48

-------------

Date Posted: 03 February 2005 at 7:48pm
"By (the token of) time (through the ages). Verily mankind is in (a state of) loss, except those who have faith and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and patience."

The Holy Quran, Chapter 103

-------------

Date Posted: 05 February 2005 at 12:51pm
"Surely those who are close to your Lord are never too proud to worship Him."

The Holy Quran, 7:206

-------------

Date Posted: 07 February 2005 at 9:10pm
"Rest assured that God does not wrong anyone by even as much as an atom's weight. If someone does a good deed, He will multiply it and bestow out of His grace a mighty reward."

The Holy Quran, 4:40

-------------

Date Posted: 09 February 2005 at 8:49am
"(O Prophet Muhammad), We have revealed to you the Book, setting forth the truth for (the benefit of all) mankind. Whoever receives guidance benefits his own soul, but whoever goes astray injures his own soul. You are not set up as a guardian over them."

The Holy Quran, 39:41

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2005 at 6:47am
(On the Day of Judgment) every human being will be held in pledge for whatever (evil) he has wrought - save those who shall have attained to righteousness: (dwelling) in gardens (of paradise), they will inquire of those who were lost in sin: "What has brought you into hell-fire?" They will answer: "We were not among those who prayed; and neither did we feed the needy."

The Holy Quran, 74:38-44

-------------

Date Posted: 15 February 2005 at 10:17am
"The Word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice."

The Holy Quran, 6:115

-------------

Date Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:00am
"O believers! Remain conscious of God, and be with those who are truthful in word and deed."

The Holy Quran, 9:119

-------------

Date Posted: 18 February 2005 at 10:03am
"Let there arise from among you a band of people who invite (others) to righteousness, (who) enjoin what is good and forbid what is wrong. They are the ones who shall be successful."

The Holy Quran, 2:177

-------------

Date Posted: 20 February 2005 at 6:11am
"Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility and say: 'My Lord! Bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood.'"

The Holy Quran, 17:23-24

-------------

Date Posted: 22 February 2005 at 6:42pm

"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do. "

The Holy Qur'an 5:8

-------------

Date Posted: 25 February 2005 at 1:43pm

Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).

The Holy Qur'an 3:64

-------------

Date Posted: 26 February 2005 at 3:03pm
Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He).
And in Allah (Alone) therefore let the believers put their trust.

Surah 64: Ayat 13

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Posted By: TrueMu'min
Date Posted: 26 February 2005 at 5:50pm

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet was asked about the great sins He said, "They are:--

(1 ) To join others in worship with Allah,

(2) To be undutiful to one's parents.

(3) To kill a person (which Allah has forbidden to kill) (i.e. to commit the crime of murdering).

(4) And to give a false witness."

-------------
Men are from Marwa, and Women are from Safaa.

Posted By: TrueMu'min
Date Posted: 26 February 2005 at 5:50pm

Narrated Abu Al-Minhal:

I used to practice money exchange, and I asked Zaid bin 'Arqam about it, and he narrated what the Prophet said in the following: Abu Al-Minhal said, "I asked Al-Bara' bin 'Azib and Zaid bin Arqam about practicing money exchange. They replied, 'We were traders in the time of Allah's Apostle and I asked Allah's Apostle about money exchange. He replied, 'If it is from hand to hand, there is no harm in it; otherwise it is not permissible."

-------------
Men are from Marwa, and Women are from Safaa.

Print Page | Close Window