Print Page | Close Window

Hadith of the Day

Printed From: WhyIslam.org
Category: Archive
Forum Name: Archive
Forum Discription: An archived forum for old and inactive posts, this forum is READ ONLY!
URL: http://www.whyislam.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1147
Printed Date: 17 June 2019 at 7:44pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hadith of the Day
Posted By: 4everHopeful
Subject: Hadith of the Day
Date Posted: 29 September 2004 at 3:54pm

Hadeeth Qudsi 17:

On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:
O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

-------------

Replies:
Date Posted: 29 September 2004 at 3:55pm

Hadeeth Qudsi 25:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:
Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.

It was related by al-Bukhari

-------------

Posted By: Drynwhyl
Date Posted: 01 October 2004 at 1:15pm

Bukhari V2 B13 N51

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "When it is a Friday, the angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutba."

Date Posted: 17 October 2004 at 8:25am

Assallamu alaikum Br. Saad. I've set up another post for you for the hadiths. 

UmZ

-------------

Posted By: Br_Saad
Date Posted: 17 October 2004 at 1:07pm

Asalaamualaikum UmmZakariah,

Thanks for creating the post.  I posted the last Hadith and Quran material on Friday.  I logged in yesterday (Saturday), but I did not go to the Islam forum first.  I went to the General Discussion forum and posted a reply for a post there.  I thought I would have time later to post the Hadith and the Quran excerpts, but I didn't.  I log in today, and I see all these different posts.  I know everyone meant well, but I believe your intention for that post was just to post Hadiths.  Inshallah this new sticky post will do that.  Again thanks.  Jazak-allah Khairun.

Br. Saad

-------------
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60

Date Posted: 17 October 2004 at 1:44pm

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 421:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) Health and free time for doing good." (Bukhari)

-------------
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60

Posted By: Zahrah
Date Posted: 17 October 2004 at 7:08pm
Hadith Qudsi 14:
On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace be upon him), who said: Allah (glorified and exalted be He) has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, fillin that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h.) said: Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them: From where have you come? And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhana llah), exalting you (Allahu akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu lillah), and asking [favours] of You. He says: And what do they ask of Me? They say: They ask of You Your Paradise. He says: And have they seen My Paradise? They say: No, O Lord. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise! They say: And they ask protection of You. He says: From what do they ask protection of Me? They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord. He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire? They say: NO. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire: They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for,and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: They say: O Lord, among then is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: And He says: And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i).

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 17 October 2004 at 7:09pm
Hadith Qudsi 29:
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: My faithful servant's reward from Me, if I have taken to Me his best friend from amongst the inhabitants of the world and he has then borne it patiently for My sake, shall be nothing less than Paradise. It was related by al-Bukhari.

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 17 October 2004 at 7:12pm
Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's
Messenger (peace be upon him) said,
That who fasts during Ramadan with faith and seeking its reward from Allah, his past sins will be forgiven.
(Agreed-upon)

Lessons deduced:
1. Allah gives great reward for Fasting observed only for His sake
2. Fasting for the sake of Allah is recompensed with His forgiveness of sins one may commit.
3. One should firmly believe that Allah will fulfill His Promise to reward that who observes Fast.
3. One should observe Fasting to seek the reward of Allah and not as an act of showing off.

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 18 October 2004 at 8:34pm
Volume 2, Book 21, Number 225:

Narrated Jundab bin 'Abdullah :

Gabriel did not come to the Prophet (for some time) and so one of the Quraish women said, "His Satan has deserted him." So came the Divine Revelation: "By the forenoon And by the night When it is still! Your Lord (O Muhammad) has neither Forsaken you Nor hated you." (93.1-3) (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 19 October 2004 at 8:00pm
Volume 1, Book 1, Number 5:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Allah's Apostle was the most generous of all the people, and he used to reach the peak in generosity in the month of Ramadan when Gabriel met him. Gabriel used to meet him every night of Ramadan to teach him the Qur'an. Allah's Apostle was the most generous person, even more generous than the strong uncontrollable wind (in readiness and haste to do charitable deeds).  (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 20 October 2004 at 3:24am
On the authority of Anas ibn Maalik (radhiyallaahu 'anhu), the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said to Jibreel ('alayhis-salaam):

"Why is it that I have never seen Mikaa'eel laughing?"

Jibreel replied ('alayhis-salaam),

"He has not laughed since the Hellfire was created."

This authentic report was collected by Imaam Ahmad (3/224). Imaam al-Albaanee called it hasan in Silsilatul-Ahaadeethis-Saheehah (#2511).

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 20 October 2004 at 9:26am

The messenger of Allah (saws) reported in a hadith al-Qudsi that Allah (SWT) said: 

"All acts done by the sons of Adam are meant for him, except fasting. It is exclusively meant for Me, and I (alone) will reward him for it" 
(Bukhari and Muslim)

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 21 October 2004 at 7:08pm
Volume 1, Book 2, Number 9:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

The Prophet said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden." (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:57pm

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His. They are:

(1) a just ruler;

(2) a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood),

(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque);

(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in Allah's cause only;

(5) a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah;

(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).

(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears."

Bukhari Vol. 2 : 504

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:29pm
Volume 3, Book 31, Number 118:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."  (Bukhari)

-------------

Posted By: UmmSabr
Date Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:51am
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatulahi Wabarakatuhu

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.494     Narrated byAbu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "The (Hell) Fire is surrounded by all kinds of desires and passions, while Paradise is surrounded by all kinds of disliked undesirable things."

May Allah keep us all from the Hell Fire ameen.

Your sister in deen

UmmSabr

-------------

Ibnul Qayyim –(rahimahullaah) – said, "Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit

Date Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:55am
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatulahi Wabarakatuhu

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.488     Narrated byAbu Said

The Prophet mentioned a man from the previous generation or from the people preceding your age whom Allah had given both wealth and children. The Prophet said, "When the time of his death approached, he asked his children, 'What type of father have I been to you?' They replied: 'You have been a good father.' He said, 'But he (i.e. your father) has not stored any good deeds with Allah (for the Hereafter): if he should face Allah, Allah will punish him. So listen, (O my children), when I die, burn my body till I become mere coal and then grind it into powder, and when there is a stormy wind, throw me (my ashes) in it.' So he took a firm promise from his children (to follow his instructions). And by Allah they (his sons) did accordingly (fulfilled their promise). Then Allah said, 'Be!' and behold! That man was standing there! Allah then said, 'O my slave! What made you do what you did?' That man said, 'Fear of You.' So Allah forgave him."

Your sister in deen UmmSabr

-------------

Ibnul Qayyim –(rahimahullaah) – said, "Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit

Date Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:56am
Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.503     Narrated byAbu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour." It was asked, "How will honesty be lost, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "When authority is given to those who do not deserve it, then wait for the Hour."

Your sister in deen

UmmSabr

-------------

Date Posted: 24 October 2004 at 6:43pm

Hadith Qudsi 2:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah Almighty has said:

The son of Adam denied Me and he had no right to do so. And he reviled Me and he had no right to do so. As for his denying Me, it is his saying: He will not remake me as He made me at first (1) - and the initial creation [of him] is no easier for Me than remaking him. As for his reviling Me, it is his saying: Allah has taken to Himself a son, while I am the One, the Everlasting Refuge. I begot not nor was I begotten, and there is none comparable to Me.

(1) i.e., bring me back to life after death.

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by an-Nasa'i).

-------------

Date Posted: 25 October 2004 at 4:44pm
Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said, "Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night, inquiring: "Who will call on Me so that I may respond to him? Who is asking something of Me so I may give it to him? Who is asking for My forgiveness so I may forgive him?"

-------------

Date Posted: 26 October 2004 at 10:22pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Modesty is part of faith
and faith is in Paradise, but obscenity is a part of hardness of heart and
hardness of heart is in Hell."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1313

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2004 at 11:43am
Riyad-us-Saliheen
Compiled By
Al-Imam Abu Zakariya Yahya bin Sharaf An-Nawawi Ad-Dimashqi

The book of Miscellany

Chapter 20
Calling to right guidance and forbidding depravity

Hadith 173.

Abu Mas`ud `Uqbah bin `Amr Al-Ansari Al-Badri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whoever guides someone to virtue will be rewarded equivalent to him who practices that good action".
[Sahih Muslim]

Hadith 174.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If anyone calls others to follow right guidance, his reward will be equivalent to those who follow him (in righteousness) without their reward being diminished in any respect, and if anyone invites others to follow error, the sin, will be equivalent to that of the people who follow him (in sinfulness) without their sins being diminished in any respect".
[Sahih Muslim]

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2004 at 11:44am
Sahih Muslim

Book 034, The Book of Knowledge - Kitab Al-`Ilm

Hadith Number 6470:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who called (people) to error, he shall have to carry (the burden) of its sin, like those who committed it, without their sins being diminished in any respect.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2004 at 12:03pm
Abu Hurayra (radhiallaahu `anh) reported Allah's Messenger (salallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) as saying: “A strong believer is better and is more lovable to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in everyone, Strive for that which will benefit you and seek the help of Allaah, and do not be helpless. If anything (bad) happens to you, do not say, ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allaah wa ma sha’a fa’ala (Allaah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytaan.”

[Sahih Muslim, 33, #6441].

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2004 at 9:22pm
The Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said:

"Where are those who loved for the sake of my Greatness? Today when there is no shade save Mine, I shall have them in My Shade."

- Saheeh Muslim

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 27 October 2004 at 9:23pm
Anas radiyAllaahu 'anhu narrated that a man came to the Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam and said: "When shall come the Day of Judgement?" Our Prophet asked him "What preparation have you made for the Day?" The man said, "Nothing, but I have love for Allaah and for His Messenger." The Prophet said, "You shall be (on that Day)
with whom you love."

- Saheeh al-Bukhaaree

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 27 October 2004 at 9:25pm
A man was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam when another one passed. The sitting one said, "O Messenger of Allaah! I love this man." The Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "Have you told him?" The man said, "No." The Prophet
said, "Tell him!" The man rose to his feet and went to the man who
was passing by and said, "I love you for the sake of Allaah." He
said, "May He for whose sake you love me, love you."

- Saheeh at-Tirmidhee

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 28 October 2004 at 10:18pm
Narrated Ibn Abbas - (The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him) was the most generous of all the people, and he used to be (even) more generous in the
month of Ramadan.

Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4:443

-------------

Date Posted: 29 October 2004 at 7:54pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "By his good character, a
believer will attain the degree of one who prays during the night and fasts
during the day."

Abu Dawood, Hadith 2233

-------------

Date Posted: 30 October 2004 at 8:58pm

Narrated Anas ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) : Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu’alayhi wa sallam) said, “ Among the denizens of Hell, a person who had led the most prosperous life in this world will be brought up on the Day of Judgment and dipped into the (hell) fire and will be asked: ‘O son of Adam! Did you happen to get any material blessing?’ He will reply: ‘By Allah, No my Lord.’ And when the one who had experienced extreme adversity in the life of this world and was adjudged worthy of paradise will be dipped once and given one experience in paradise. Then he will be asked: ‘O son of Adam! Did distress ever befall you?’ He will say: ‘By Allah, no my Lord, I neither experienced distress nor passed through hardship’.” [Muslim]

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 30 October 2004 at 9:00pm

Narrated Anas ibn Maalik (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet sallallahu’alayhi wa sallam said, ‘Three follow a dead body: his family, his possessions, and his deeds. Two of them return and one remains with him. His family and possessions return; his deeds remain with him (in the grave). [Bukhari and Muslim]

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 01 November 2004 at 7:03pm
"O people! Turn to Allaah in repentance and seek His forgiveness, for surely I make repentance a hundred times every day."

Saheeh Muslim 4/6523

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Date Posted: 18 November 2004 at 10:30am
A man once asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him): "Which is the
best supplication?" The Prophet replied: "Supplicate to your Lord for
forgiveness and security in this world and in the Hereafter." The man came
again the next day, and then again on the following day, and asked the same
question. The Prophet gave him the same answer, and then said: "If you are
given forgiveness and security in this world and in the Hereafter you have
attained success."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, 4:112C

-------------

Date Posted: 19 November 2004 at 8:03pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do not hate one another,
nor be jealous of one another. And do not desert one another, but O God’s
worshipers, be brothers.

Sahih Al-Bukhari, 8:99

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2004 at 7:40pm
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 485:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

Abu Bakr As-Siddiq said to the Prophet "O Allah's Apostle! Teach me an invocation with which I may invoke Allah in my prayers." The Prophet said, "Say: O Allah! I have wronged my soul very much (oppressed myself), and none forgives the sins but You; so please bestow Your Forgiveness upon me. No doubt, You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2004 at 8:13pm
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 489:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah has ninety-nine Names, one-hundred less one; and he who memorized them all by heart will enter Paradise." To count something means to know it by heart. (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 25 November 2004 at 12:34am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “Indeed, an ignorant man who is generous is dearer to God than a worshipper who is miserly.”

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 580

-------------

Date Posted: 25 November 2004 at 3:08pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "There is a (compulsory form of) charity to be given for every joint of the human body (as a sign of gratitude to God) every day the sun rises. To judge justly between two people…to help a man with his riding animal…(Saying) a good word…(the steps) one takes toward (prayer)…and to remove a harmful thing from the way…(are all forms of charity.)"

Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4:232

-------------

Date Posted: 26 November 2004 at 10:24pm
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 518:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "When Allah had finished His creation, He wrote over his Throne: 'My Mercy preceded My Anger.' (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 28 November 2004 at 11:19am
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 475:

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari:

The Prophet said, "None is more patient than Allah against the harmful and annoying words He hears (from the people): They ascribe children to Him, yet He bestows upon them health and provision .  (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2004 at 6:06pm
Abu Huraira said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah *saws* say, "A servant committed a sin and he said, "O Allah, I have committed a sin, so forgive me." Allah said, "Does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? I forgive My servant." After some time, the man committed another sin so he said, "O my Lord, I have committed another sin, so forgive me." His Lord said, "Does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? I forgive My servant." After some time, the man committed yet another sin so he said, "O my Lord, I have committed another sin, so forgive me." His Lord said, "Does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? O servant, do what you like. I have granted you forgiveness"".

Al-Bukhari, Kitab at-Tawhid, 13/466; Muslim, Kitab adhDikhr wa'd-Du'a,
17/75.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2004 at 6:58pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) told his companions: “If one of
you had a stream running at his door and bathed in it five times every day,
do you think any dirt would be left on him?” His companions answered: “No
dirt at all would be left.” To which the Prophet replied: “That is what the
five (daily) prayers are like, with which God washes away your sins.”

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Hadith 506

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2004 at 11:58am

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If you guarantee me six
things on your part, I shall guarantee you Paradise. Speak the truth when
you talk, keep a promise when you make it, when you are trusted with
something fulfill your trust, avoid sexual immorality, lower your gaze (in
modesty), and restrain your hands from injustice."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1260

-------------

Date Posted: 03 December 2004 at 8:15pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "To harbor good thoughts is
a part of well-conducted worship."

Sunan of Abu Dawood, Hadith 2352

-------------

Date Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:15pm
Volume 9, Book 84, Number 54:

Narrated Abu Bakra:

The Prophet. said, "The biggest of the great sins are: To join others in worship with Allah, to be undutiful to one's parents, and to give a false witness." He repeated it thrice, or said, "....a false statement," and kept on repeating that warning till we wished he would stop saying it. (See Hadith No.7, Vol. 8) (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 07 December 2004 at 10:30pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once asked his companions: "Who
has fasted today?...Who (took part in a funeral procession) today?...Who
fed a poor man today?...Who visited an invalid today?" He then said:
"Anyone in whom (these good deeds) are combined will certainly enter
Paradise."

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 505

-------------

Date Posted: 08 December 2004 at 11:39pm
Volume 9, Book 92, Number 379:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "There was no prophet among the prophets but was given miracles because of which people had security or had belief, but what I was given was the Divine Inspiration which Allah revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other prophet on the Day of Resurrection." (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 10 December 2004 at 8:15pm
Volume 9, Book 92, Number 386:

Narrated Hammam:

Hudhaifa said, "O the Group of Al-Qurra! Follow the straight path, for then you have taken a great lead (and will be the leaders), but if you divert right or left, then you will go astray far away." (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 12 December 2004 at 7:16pm
Volume 9, Book 92, Number 384:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "All my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who will refuse?" He said, "Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it)." (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 13 December 2004 at 9:22pm
A man once came to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) carrying a wrapped-up piece of cloth. He told the Prophet: "I saw a group of trees and heard the sound of young birds. I took them and put them in my garment. Their mother then came and began to hover around my head. I showed (the baby birds) to her, and she fell on them. I wrapped them (all) in my garment." The Prophet then said to his companions: "Are you surprised at the affection of the mother for her young?...God is more affectionate to His servants than a mother to her young." The Prophet told the man to put the baby birds back where he got them.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1359

-------------

Date Posted: 14 December 2004 at 8:02pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once went to see a young man who
was on his deathbed. The Prophet asked him: "How are you?" The young man
said: "I hope for God's pardon, but I am fearful because of my sins." The
Prophet replied: "These two things never gather in the heart of a person at
such a time without God granting him what he hopes for and sheltering him
from what he dreads."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 15A

-------------

Date Posted: 15 December 2004 at 9:31pm
A man once asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to pray for him because he was about to embark on a journey. The Prophet said: "May God grant you the provision of righteousness...And may He make it easy for you to do virtuous deeds, wherever you may be."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 235

-------------

Posted By: Light
Date Posted: 17 December 2004 at 4:50pm
Narrated Abu Huraira:The Prophet said, "Martyrs are those who die because of drowning, plague, an abdominal disease, or of being buried alive by a falling building." And then he added, "If the people knew the Reward for the Zuhr prayer in its early time, they would race for it. If they knew the reward for the 'Isha' and the Fajr prayers in congregation, they would join them even if they had to crawl. If they knew the reward for the first row, they would draw lots for it."

Date Posted: 17 December 2004 at 8:19pm
When the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) congratulated a man on his marriage, he said: "May God bless you and combine both of you in good (works)."

Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 872

-------------

Posted By: Abdul
Date Posted: 18 December 2004 at 1:52pm

Asalaam Alaikum,

I refer to this hadith(as posted by Light) and have a few questions:

Narrated Abu Huraira:The Prophet said, "Martyrs are those who die because of drowning, plague, an abdominal disease, or of being buried alive by a falling building." And then he added, "If the people knew the Reward for the Zuhr prayer in its early time, they would race for it. If they knew the reward for the 'Isha' and the Fajr prayers in congregation, they would join them even if they had to crawl. If they knew the reward for the first row, they would draw lots for it."

Q1) The Prophet said, "Martyrs are those who die because of drowning, plague, an abdominal disease, or of being buried alive by a falling building." What about those who die in a car crash/plane crash or other deseases apart from the ones mentioned? my point is that this part of the hadith makes no sense. What acheivement do we get from beleiving this? I do not believe these are our Prophets words. I thought martyrs were those who give their lives in the way of Allah(SWT) to preserve the truth for example., on the battlefield.

I agree with the importance of prayers. However, why must we race for the first row? we pray to Allah(SWT). Why we should receive more or less reward according to our placement in a mosque is beyond me.

(I know there was a separate thread to post such questions about hadith but I couldnt find it, which is why i posted it here.)

Abdul Raheem

Date Posted: 18 December 2004 at 9:53pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The most excellent worship is expectation of relief."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 702

-------------

Date Posted: 20 December 2004 at 6:50pm

Volume 9, Book 90, Number 332:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is! Were it not for some men who dislike to be left behind and for whom I do not have means of conveyance, I would not stay away (from any Holy Battle). I would love to be martyred in Allah's Cause and come to life and then get, martyred and then come to life and then get martyred and then get resurrected and then get martyred.  (Bukhari)

-------------

Posted By: walter
Date Posted: 21 December 2004 at 11:11pm
'Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud said: "The Prophet said, 'Islam began as something
strange, and it will revert to being strange as it was in the beginning,
so good tidings for the strangers.' Someone asked, 'Who are the
strangers?' He said, 'The ones who break away from their people
(literally, 'tribes') for the sake of Islam.' "This Hadith was narrated by
Ibn Majah on the authority of Anas and Abu Hurairah.

-------------
walter

Date Posted: 21 December 2004 at 11:12pm
Volume 9, Book 90, Number 337:

Narrated Aisha:

One night the Prophet was unable to sleep and said, "Would that a righteous man from my companions guarded me tonight." Suddenly we heard the clatter of arms, whereupon the Prophet said, "Who is it?" It was said, "I am Sa'd, O Allah's Apostle! I have come to guard you." The Prophet then slept so soundly that we heard him snoring. Abu 'Abdullah said: 'Aisha said: Bilal said, "Would that I but stayed overnight in a valley with Idhkhir and Jalil (two kinds of grass) around me (i.e., in Mecca)." Then I told that to the Prophet . (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 25 December 2004 at 8:24pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God...will say on the Day
of Resurrection: 'O son of Adam, I asked you for food but you did not feed
Me.' (The person) will reply: 'My Lord, how could I feed Thee when Thou art
the Lord of the worlds?' (God will then) say: 'Didn't you know that a
servant of Mine (once) asked you for food, but you did not feed him. And
were you not aware that if you had fed him, you would have found him by My
side?'"

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1172

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2004 at 6:56pm
When the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was questioned about weeping following the death of his granddaughter, he said: "(Weeping) is the mercy that God has placed in the hearts of His servants. And surely God bestows
mercy upon those who are merciful (to others)."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 21

-------------

Date Posted: 28 December 2004 at 9:32pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: The Compassionate One [God] has mercy on those who are merciful. If you show mercy to those who are on earth, He Who is in heaven will show mercy on you.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 2322

-------------

Posted By: walter
Date Posted: 28 December 2004 at 9:48pm
"Do not be people without minds of your own,
saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well,
and that if they do wrong you will do wrong.
Rather, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good,
and not to do wrong if they do evil."
- The Prophet Muhammad (reported by Tirmidhi)

-------------
walter

Date Posted: 30 December 2004 at 11:12pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “O people, Greet others in peace, feed (the poor and needy), behave kindly to your relatives, offer prayer when others are asleep, and (thus) enter Paradise in peace.”

Al- Tirmidhi, Hadith 269

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2005 at 10:03pm
Volume 9, Book 84, Number 69:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established till two (huge) groups fight against each other, their claim being one and the same." (Bukhari)

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2005 at 7:38pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "O God, apportion to us
such...certainty (of faith) that the calamities of this world will be made
easy for us by Thee."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 783

-------------

Date Posted: 04 January 2005 at 6:03pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "He who alleviates the
suffering of a brother (in this) world, God will alleviate his (suffering)
of the Day of Resurrection. He who finds relief for one who is hard
pressed, God will make things easy for him in the Hereafter."

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1245

-------------

Date Posted: 06 January 2005 at 11:32am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The first to be summoned to Paradise on the Day of Resurrection will be those who praise God in (both) prosperity and adversity."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 730

-------------

Date Posted: 08 January 2005 at 12:02pm
"Acts of kindness protect one from ruin wrought by evil...The first of those who shall enter Paradise are the people who do acts of kindness."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 3, Number 97B

-------------

Date Posted: 09 January 2005 at 7:13pm
When the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) departed from a group of
people, he would often say: "O God! Grant us enough fear (of displeasing
Thee) that it may serve as a barrier between us and our sins…and grant us
enough faith that it may help us to face the misfortunes of this world
easily."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 265

-------------

Date Posted: 12 January 2005 at 9:04am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Make the Hajj and the Umrah (lesser pilgrimage) follow each other closely, for they remove poverty and
sins as a blacksmith's bellows remove impurities from iron, gold and
silver."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 795

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2005 at 5:41pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone strokes an
orphan's head, doing so only for God's sake, he will have blessings for
every hair over which his hand passes. And if anyone treats well an orphan
girl or boy under his care, he and I shall be like these two in Paradise,"
while putting two of his fingers together.

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1282

-------------

Date Posted: 17 January 2005 at 5:37pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Pilgrims…are God's guests. Their prayers are answered and their supplications for forgiveness are granted."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 5, Number 3

-------------

Date Posted: 20 January 2005 at 9:33pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) approved of celebrations on religious holidays such as Eid ul-Adha when he said: "(Islam) is spacious (and has room for relaxation), and I have been sent with an easy and straightforward religion."

The Prophet also said: "The days of (Eid) are days of eating and drinking (non-alcoholic drinks) and of remembering God, the Exalted."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 2, Number 153

-------------

Date Posted: 24 January 2005 at 10:39am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God says: 'I am to my servant as he expects of Me, I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him to Myself, and if he remembers me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly better than his, and if he draws nearer to Me a hand's span, I draw nearer to him an arm's length, and if he draws nearer to Me an arm's length, I draw nearer to him a fathom length, and if he comes to me walking, I rush to him at (great) speed.

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 99

-------------

Date Posted: 25 January 2005 at 6:55pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A person once went to visit his brother in another town, and God sent an Angel to wait for him on his way. The angel met the man and said to him: 'Where do you intend to go?' The man said: 'I intend to go to my brother in this town.' The angel then said: 'Have you done any favor for him (the repayment of which you intend to receive)?' The man replied: 'No, except that I love him for the sake of God, the Exalted and Glorious.' Thereupon the angel said: 'I am a messenger to you from God (to inform you) that God loves you as you love him (for His sake).'"

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1170

-------------

Date Posted: 26 January 2005 at 7:03pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "You will not believe as long as you do not love one another."

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 19

-------------

Date Posted: 31 January 2005 at 10:13am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one oppresses another or boasts over another."

Sunan 0f Abu-Dawood, Hadith 2294

-------------

Posted By: Girl power
Date Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:12am
Anas Ibn Malik reported the Prophet(saw) saying:"From among the portents of the Hour are the following: Religious knowledge will be taken away; General ignorance(in religious matters)will increase; illegal sexual intercourse will prevail; Drinking of alcoholic drinks will prevail; Men will decrease in number, and women will increase in number, so much so that fifty women will be looked after by one. man.

Posted By: Girl power
Date Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:19am
Abu Harayrah said " The Prophet(saw) was asked by a man, "when would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" The Prophet(saw)said  "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour."  The Man said "How will that be?"  the Prophet (saw) said "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour(Doomsday).

Date Posted: 02 February 2005 at 8:24pm

Hadith Qudsi 20:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.

It was related by Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).

-------------

Date Posted: 03 February 2005 at 7:49pm

Hadith Qudsi 7:

On the authority of Uqbah ibn Amir (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the messenger of Allah (PBUH) say:

Your Lord delights at a shepherd who, on the peak of a mountain crag, gives the call to prayer and prays. Then Allah (glorified and exalted be He) say: Look at this servant of Mine, he gives the call to prayer and performs the prayers; he is in awe of Me. I have forgiven My servant [his sins] and have admitted him to Paradise.

It was related by an-Nasa'i with a good chain of authorities.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 February 2005 at 12:52pm
Book 004, Number 0747:

'Abdullah b. Amr b. al-As reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When you hear the Mu'adhdhin, repeat what he says, then invoke a blessing on me, for everyone who invokes a blessing on me will receive ten blessings from Allah; then beg from Allah al-Wasila for me, which is a rank in Paradise fitting for only one of Allah's servants, and I hope that I may be that one. If anyone who asks that I be given the Wasila, he will be assured of my intercession. (Sahih Muslim)

-------------

Date Posted: 07 February 2005 at 9:11pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Verily, what a believer continues to receive (in the form of reward) for his action and his virtues after his death is the knowledge that he acquired and then disseminated, the pious (child) that he left behind, a copy of the Quran that he left as a legacy, the mosques that he built, the inn that he built for the use of travelers, the canal that he caused to flow, or charity that he gave while he was healthy and alive. (These are the acts of goodness the reward of which) reaches him even after his death."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 90

-------------

Date Posted: 09 February 2005 at 8:50am
A person once asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him): "What is faith?" He replied: "When a good deed becomes a source of pleasure for you and an evil deed becomes a source of disgust for you, then you are a believer." The person then asked: "What is a sin?" The Prophet said: "When something pricks your conscience, give it up."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 8

-------------

Date Posted: 10 February 2005 at 9:28pm
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely or speak rudely.”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi; it was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. al-Haakim said it was saheeh according to the criteria of al-Bukhaari and Muslim

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2005 at 6:46am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "O God! I ask You for the means to do good, to avoid evil and to love the poor."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 13A

-------------

Date Posted: 15 February 2005 at 10:18am
A man once asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him): "When will the Hour (of the Day of Judgment) be established?" The Prophet replied: "What have you prepared for it?" The man said: "I haven't prepared for it very much (by way) of prayers or fasting or charitable giving, but I love God and His Apostle." The Prophet then said: "You will be with those you love."

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Hadith 192

-------------

Date Posted: 17 February 2005 at 9:59am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A servant of God will remain standing on the Day of Judgment until he is questioned about his life and how he lived it; about his knowledge and how he utilized it; about his wealth and how he acquired and spent it; and about his body and how he used it."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 148

-------------

Date Posted: 18 February 2005 at 10:04am
On the authority of Ibn `Abbaas (may Allah be pleased whith him):

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to Madeenah
and saw the Jews fasting on the day of `Aashooraa'. He said, 'What is
this?' They said, 'This is a righteous day, it is the day when Allaah
saved the Children of Israel from their enemies [on which Allaah saved
Moosa and his people, and drowned Pharaoh and his people - Muslim], so
Moosa fasted on this day.' He said, 'We have more right to Moosa than
you,' so he fasted on that day and commanded [the Muslims] to fast on that
day." -- Reported by Bukhari

-------------

Date Posted: 18 February 2005 at 10:04am
On the authority of `Abd-Allaah ibn `Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with
them both):

"When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
fasted on `Aashooraa' and commanded the Muslims to fast as well, they
said, 'O Messenger of Allaah, it is a day that is venerated by the Jews
and Christians.' The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be
upon him) said, 'If I live to see the next year, in sha Allaah, we will
fast on the ninth day too.' But it so happened that the Messenger of
Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed away before the
next year came." -- Reported by Muslim

-------------

Date Posted: 20 February 2005 at 6:10am
A man came to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and said: "I have committed a serious sin. Can I do any act of penitence?" The Prophet asked the man if he had a mother, and when he replied that he had not, he asked if he had a maternal aunt. On his replying that he had, the Prophet said: "Then be kind to her."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1274

-------------

Date Posted: 21 February 2005 at 5:54pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind."

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Hadith 473

-------------

Date Posted: 22 February 2005 at 6:38pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do you know who is most generous?...God is the Most Generous, then I am most generous to mankind, and the most generous people after me will be those who will acquire knowledge and then disseminate it. (They) will come on the Day of Resurrection singly, like a ruler."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 93

-------------

Date Posted: 25 February 2005 at 1:41pm
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah, the Blessed and Exalted has said: ‘I have divided the prayer between Myself and My slave, into two halves, and My slave shall have what he has asked for.” When the slave says ‘Praise be to Allaah, Lord of the Worlds,’ Allaah says, ‘My slave has praised Me.’ When the slave says, ‘The Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy,’ Allaah says, ‘My slave has extolled me.’ When the slave says, ‘Master of the Day of Judgement,’ Allaah says, ‘My slave has glorified me.’ When the slave says, ‘It is You alone we worship and it is You alone we ask for help,’ Allaah says, ‘This is between Me and My slave, and My slave shall have what he asked for.’ When the slave says, ‘Guide us to the Straight Path, the path of those whom You have favoured, not the path of those who receive Your anger, nor of those who go astray,’ Allaah says, ‘All these are for My slave, and My slave shall have what he asked for.’” (Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab al-Salaah, Baab wujoob qiraa’at al-Faatihah fi kulli rak’ah).

-------------

Date Posted: 28 February 2005 at 10:01am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God says: 'I am to my servant as he expects of Me. I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him to Myself. If he remembers me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly better than his. If he draws nearer to Me a hand's span, I draw nearer to him an arm's length. If he draws nearer to Me an arm's length, I draw nearer to him (an even greater) length. And if he comes to me walking, I rush to him at (great) speed.'"

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 99

-------------

Date Posted: 02 March 2005 at 7:36pm
Hadeeth No. 6010 - Narrated Mujahid:

'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle took hold of my shoulder and said, 'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler." The sub-narrator added: Ibn 'Umar used to say, "If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death."

(al-Bukhari)

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Posted By: M.A.R.W.A.N
Date Posted: 02 March 2005 at 7:47pm

I have a request.....can anyone who posts here make their words large enough and dark enough so that others may benefit easily (key word is easily) from your ahadith...you guys post some great stuff, so to make it easy for others to read would make it even better.....and your reward is with Allah!

Also, I have to say, I was at a khutba about 2 weeks ago, & the speaker gave a wonderful lesson about what Allah says whenever a slave of His recites the 1st Surah... I loved it and I wanted to show it to my friends, but I couldn't find it....So, now, while looking on here,  I finally find it. HAHAHAHAHHA

Thanks Br. Saad (for your 25/2/05 12:41 pm post).

Date Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:27pm
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 41:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet SAAW said, "If any Muslim plants any plant and a human being or an animal eats of it, he will be rewarded as if he had given that much in charity."

(Al-Bukhari)

-------------
Ramadan Mubarak

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide - http://www.webwizguide.info