Print Page | Close Window

personal thoughts

Printed From: WhyIslam.org
Category: General
Forum Name: InterReligious Dialogue
Forum Discription: Forum for people of various faiths to discuss and inquire about different religions
URL: http://www.whyislam.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22548
Printed Date: 21 May 2019 at 3:17am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: personal thoughts
Posted By: bcgirl
Subject: personal thoughts
Date Posted: 26 April 2008 at 9:42pm
Salam Aleikum, bali, chituri,and so on...well whoever enjoys reading my posts this one will be intersting to say the least....if you've read any posts i've made then you will have an idea of my style and mindset and for  two of my favorite siters hannah and jahmilaz... i look forward to your input and response, always.... ok here goes.... ever since i started getting more serious into reading and learning about Islam and its teachings and things i see when just going about my day and usual routine, i find my thoughts are all in common since i the day i saw that bumper sticker and is on my blog..."Why worry, God's in control", when i read that, from that moment it changed my life, most pp its just a stupid bumper sticker but to me it was one of the most profound things i have ever read in the sense that no matter how hard we strive towards goals,make sound and stright choices, that ultimately whatever we do it doesnt matter because "He" is in complete control... if i fail that midterm, if i dont get that apt/or condo because of my credit, if i dont get those shoes because i have a bill to pay first, if i really screw up at work and cost the company money, if i dont give spare change to that person on the sidewalk, if i dont get that grant for my university education and because of that i will be totally set back and alot of months or years of work has felt like its gone to waste...i hope these examples are transparent enough for you to understand what im talking about...

i feel a little coocoo because when i see pp fail or not get the things they thought and they are in utter confusion i want to shout from the rooftops...its all in "His"plan!!! another opportunity will come along!! everything happens for a reason!! i just feel even if im not the top person in the office that ya its discouraging but at the same time whoever is doing better than you is because it is "His" will, it is not meant for you/me, so why do we get all bent out of shape for things we have no control over??do we have control over our destiny?? its so profound that if you truly understand what im writing right now its too much if you disect it like i do ( im a tad "over" anylytical), i hope there is someone out there who feels the way i do and can relate and maybe shed some light on my thoughts... thanks for reading.. Salam 

-------------
Salam Aleikum, my new mission statement:Why worry? God's in control...

Replies:
Posted By: hannah114
Date Posted: 27 April 2008 at 12:41am

wa'alaikum salaam

you're a great sister too!

having faith in God and knowing that everything has a reason does give us a good perspective in life. worrying daily about things that are out of our control will not help our situations and as a muslim the daily prayers are to ask God for continuous guidance in these matters.

but also, we do have some control over our destiny as God gave us free will to make choices and take which direction we choose. This is how we grow and learn to take the right path.....God knows where we will all end up but we are given the opportunity to find our path and our actions do have consequences - whether good or bad -- and the final judgement is from God.

hannah

-------------

Posted By: jamilahz
Date Posted: 27 April 2008 at 12:58am
So sweet of you to say!

Hannah is right.  I also found a great GREAT sense of peace when I was able to accept that its the will of Allah, and when something is seemingly bad, you have to say Alhamdulliah (all praise to Allah).

It is a very nice thing to see you are feeling this way too... mashallah!

Jamilah

-------------
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com

Date Posted: 27 April 2008 at 9:32am
Salam Hannah, thanks for your response. yes, free will and we can make our own choices and even though "He" knows b4 we do, just that we have that choice gives one a sense a liberation of course, i understand we all have a choice either good or bad its just its constantly on my mind and instead of it being pro-active i dont want this to be detrimental, this has nothing to do with my belief or faith in God it just seems whenever something disagreeable happens that thought is always in the back of my mind. well, you know what, i happen to be extremely analytical, i mean to the point where i analyze everything pp say to me, i cant stand when someone takes my kindness for a weakness or they insult my intelligence, ive become to accept my anlytical portion of my persoanlity ( for lack of a better phrase to describe it!) and with this i will do the same, i must be cautious as to not offend anyone or push ones belief is also frowned upon i  know, ive had pp try to convert me to be so called "born again christians so i know of this all to well", everything in moderation, thats the key...  

-------------

Date Posted: 27 April 2008 at 9:38am
Salam Jamilahz, and this whole time i was spelling your cyber name incorrectly,shame on me! i just posted a reply to hannah which sums up what i was/am feeling i just take everything in stride and moderation, getting to hyper doesnt help and is not pro-active either, thank you for your kind words.Salam

-------------

Posted By: struggle
Date Posted: 27 April 2008 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by bcgirl

Salam Aleikum, bali, chituri,and so on...well whoever enjoys reading my posts this one will be intersting to say the least....if you've read any posts i've made then you will have an idea of my style and mindset and for  two of my favorite siters hannah and jahmilaz... i look forward to your input and response, always.... ok here goes.... ever since i started getting more serious into reading and learning about Islam and its teachings and things i see when just going about my day and usual routine, i find my thoughts are all in common since i the day i saw that bumper sticker and is on my blog..."Why worry, God's in control", when i read that, from that moment it changed my life, most pp its just a stupid bumper sticker but to me it was one of the most profound things i have ever read in the sense that no matter how hard we strive towards goals,make sound and stright choices, that ultimately whatever we do it doesnt matter because "He" is in complete control... if i fail that midterm, if i dont get that apt/or condo because of my credit, if i dont get those shoes because i have a bill to pay first, if i really screw up at work and cost the company money, if i dont give spare change to that person on the sidewalk, if i dont get that grant for my university education and because of that i will be totally set back and alot of months or years of work has felt like its gone to waste...i hope these examples are transparent enough for you to understand what im talking about...

i feel a little coocoo because when i see pp fail or not get the things they thought and they are in utter confusion i want to shout from the rooftops...its all in "His"plan!!! another opportunity will come along!! everything happens for a reason!! i just feel even if im not the top person in the office that ya its discouraging but at the same time whoever is doing better than you is because it is "His" will, it is not meant for you/me, so why do we get all bent out of shape for things we have no control over??do we have control over our destiny?? its so profound that if you truly understand what im writing right now its too much if you disect it like i do ( im a tad "over" anylytical), i hope there is someone out there who feels the way i do and can relate and maybe shed some light on my thoughts... thanks for reading.. Salam 

I believe it is all determine by your will and never no one else's will or in God's name. We walk in its lead in the land that was created to find truth. we got to have a honest judgment in the lead because you can head both ways either corruption or make corruption for others, as SOME religious folks tends to do.  God Knows won't cut it, not to a state of confusion in darkness or mid-darkness, with resources abiding. Encouraging Someone within their bountries was the key to everything if only ask for permission. Punishment plays a good part in it. But the problem is, war deeds is some times committed to set traps and problems for innocents and all kinds of people in general but by faith we should live the life we want.

-------------
EYE FOR EYE

Posted By: desertdude
Date Posted: 28 April 2008 at 6:30pm
 I have experienced this alot in my own life ,There was a time I would get worried/upset/disapointed if things didnt go according to what I planned .One good example I will always remember there was this job I really really wanted .I dropped out of college did a related short course .It was ramadan then ,and I was on my best behaviour prayed all the traweh prayers all the extra praying I could .I was naive then and I was doing this as a suck up to god so he would reward my good deeds with that job .But guess what I didnt get it .I was soo disapointed for the longest time.But when I look back now and thank god I didnt get it as I know ppl who are in the same organisation from that time with zero pay increase and basically is a dead end job with no future.

And I would'nt have branched out into diffrent areas .There are so many other things I can think of even on a daily basis .What I have learned is not to sweat it .Its small stuff when you look at the bigger pic.And basically relaxed now about most thing.Actually makes one more relaxed and makes life much easier.

-------------
We r not the conspiracy theorists on this issue.It seems 2 me like 19 amateurs with box cutters taking over four airliners and hitting 75 % of their targets-that feels like a conspiracy theory.C.Sheen

Posted By: hamayoun
Date Posted: 28 April 2008 at 7:16pm
Salam bcgirl

This is a huge issue for my brother, which has really affected his faith.  There are some things which we will never understand. It's best to just always strive to what's best for us and for those around us in this world and the hereafter, putting our entire trust in Allah.

-------------
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide - http://www.webwizguide.info